Formerly laughable item descriptions
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 33 of 102123 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 100101102
Author

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5625
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Feb 23, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:26 pm 
 

Interesting item. I wonder if it breast-feeds as an infant?

Now if there was a skid mark absorber, I'd have a pocket version handy.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 517
Joined: Oct 03, 2004
Last Visit: Nov 07, 2007
Location: windy south florida

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:22 pm 
 

Here's what you get when you cross a DMG with a headshop.  :lol:



AD D DUNGEON MASTERS GUIDE ADVANCED DRAGONS HARDCOVER | eBay



BTW… it's a special edition with no yellow banner and brown lettering.  8O



Check out his other listings as well.  :lol:


"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 529
Joined: Feb 25, 2005
Last Visit: Jan 08, 2021
Location: Lille, France.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:56 am 
 

Laughable?

LAMENTABLE, as usual.

Get familiar with Cougar's item ranking.



VG- : UNCUT PHOTOCOPIED COUNTERS ALL REALLY GOOD REALLY RARE

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... %3AIT&rd=1

50 GBP.

:?



Guess, VG + : home made counters on high quality paper?



Near Mint : some left sheets but fine hand-colored photocopied counters and maps. Very very rare. Pro-colored! Bargain.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:59 am 
 

youffie404 wrote:Laughable?

LAMENTABLE, as usual.

Get familiar with Cougar's item ranking.



VG- : UNCUT PHOTOCOPIED COUNTERS ALL REALLY GOOD REALLY RARE

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... %3AIT&rd=1

50 GBP.

:?



Guess, VG + : home made counters on high quality paper?



Near Mint : some left sheets but fine hand-colored photocopied counters and maps. Very very rare. Pro-colored! Bargain.




:D



*avoids that one with a wide berth* :)



  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 25, 2019

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:38 pm 
 

For those of you who were unable to attend Gen Con 2005, here is something that may help you in your recovery:



GenCon 2005 Photo CD High Resolution Images | eBay



You can actually buy someone elses pictures on CD. :o


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 752
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 09, 2020
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada, eh?

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:52 pm 
 

Wow.. that's.. just.. wow.

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 4746
Joined: Oct 31, 2004
Last Visit: Feb 05, 2021
Location: Garland, TX

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:35 pm 
 

GraysonAC wrote:Wow.. that's.. just.. wow.




Exactly what are you "wowing" about?  The fact that someone would actually pay $10 for a cd full of someone else's Gen Con experiences, or "duct tape girl"?  8O

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1271
Joined: Jan 09, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 17, 2020
Location: Azeroth

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:08 pm 
 

KingOfPain wrote:
GraysonAC wrote:Wow.. that's.. just.. wow.




Exactly what are you "wowing" about? The fact that someone would actually pay $10 for a cd full of someone else's Gen Con experiences, or "duct tape girl"? 8O




I think "duct tape girl" is supposed to be Leeloo from The Fifth Element. Could be wrong. If he was going to try and market it at least he could try and make it look like he was selling pictures of people dressed as famous sci-fi characters and not just a CD of girls you missed at the Con  :lol:


Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 752
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 09, 2020
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada, eh?

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:29 am 
 

KingOfPain wrote:
GraysonAC wrote:Wow.. that's.. just.. wow.




Exactly what are you "wowing" about? The fact that someone would actually pay $10 for a cd full of someone else's Gen Con experiences, or "duct tape girl"? 8O




The fact that someone would actually try to sell pictures of a con. It's not like there aren't a whole lotta pictures up.



Duct tape girl.. *shrug* Finding far more "interesting" things online isn't difficult ;)

 WWW  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:21 am 
 

I am embarrassed to be in the same country/province as this guy.  Either he's shady, laughable, or I've just uncovered a stash of rares in my own home...  8O



cgi.ebay.ca/Advanced-D-D-Dungeon-Master ... dZViewItem

 YIM  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 517
Joined: Oct 03, 2004
Last Visit: Nov 07, 2007
Location: windy south florida

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:59 pm 
 

-DEITIES & DEMIGODS By James M. Ward with Robert J. Kuntz (TSR; May 1980)- 128 pgs. 2nd or 3rd edition (I think). Good+ copy.



5 original 1980s AD D DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS rule books | eBay



Also included is a chapter I photocopied from the first edition of DEITIES & DEMIGODS on Melnibonian Mythos (Elric of Melnibone series by Michael Moorcock). 9 pages total. This chapter was struck from subsequent editions, I believe due to copyright infringement.




Hay isn't that copyright infringement also? :lol:


"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3795
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 25, 2021

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:03 pm 
 

invincibleoverlord wrote:-DEITIES & DEMIGODS By James M. Ward with Robert J. Kuntz (TSR; May 1980)- 128 pgs. 2nd or 3rd edition (I think). Good+ copy.



5 original 1980s AD D DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS rule books | eBay



Also included is a chapter I photocopied from the first edition of DEITIES & DEMIGODS on Melnibonian Mythos (Elric of Melnibone series by Michael Moorcock). 9 pages total. This chapter was struck from subsequent editions, I believe due to copyright infringement.




Hay isn't that copyright infringement also? :lol:




Hilarious  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 25, 2019

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:27 pm 
 

I wonder if the idiot who is actually buying it realizes that he is not even getting the Cthulhu pages, just the Melnibonean ones. :wink:


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3795
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 25, 2021

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:33 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:I wonder if the idiot who is actually buying it realizes that he is not even getting the Cthulhu pages, just the Melnibonean ones. :wink:




I don't know, but after seeing this I might have to sell them some of my modules  8O



http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5203216630

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 752
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 09, 2020
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada, eh?

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:41 pm 
 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
bclarkie wrote:I wonder if the idiot who is actually buying it realizes that he is not even getting the Cthulhu pages, just the Melnibonean ones. :wink:




I don't know, but after seeing this I might have to sell them some of my modules 8O



http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5203216630




That's not too crazy. D1-2, Q1, three pastels, and two commons. All look like they're in good shape, so it's high, but not creep1962 or coug level high ;)

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 226
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
Last Visit: Sep 02, 2014

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:54 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:For those of you who were unable to attend Gen Con 2005, here is something that may help you in your recovery:



GenCon 2005 Photo CD High Resolution Images | eBay



You can actually buy someone elses pictures on CD. :o


Am I really stupid or isn't picture number two basically any cyber-goth but more importantly - a "nurse" type and not a nun?



Sometimes I wish I had the guts to wear things like that, but then I remember how hot & uncomfortable rubber & pvc can be & how stupid you can look in it unless you actually are in a goth nightclub.


Mount Celestia doesn't want me and Baator's afraid I'll take over.



Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad at the door, Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad, Take one down, they gate in two more, Ninty-nine Blue and Green Slaad at the door...

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Posts: 1845
Joined: May 01, 2004
Last Visit: Feb 27, 2021
Location: Almost Lake Geneva, WI

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:48 pm 
 

Almost related... *I'm* getting silly, not the description:



MOZART Da Ponte Operas 9 CD NEW RICARDO MUTI | eBay



unquote:

"A major soloist in Don Giovanni (Disks 4-6) being the noted mezzo Susanne Mentzer, world-famous sister of the obscure RPG author of the 1980s (now a bakery manager), FRANK Mentzer!"



Anybody like Classical? It's a good set...  :wink:

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 752
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 09, 2020
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada, eh?

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:19 pm 
 

Congrats on making it to Obscure Frank!



:P

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 288
Joined: Feb 27, 2005
Last Visit: May 19, 2014
Location: San Diego, CA

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:28 pm 
 

THIS is your sister? Very cool!

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:28 pm 
 

GraysonAC wrote:Congrats on making it to Obscure Frank!



:P




Obscure almost sounds really cool actually, dont you think?



so when do we start bidding on Frank Mentzer as a rare D&D piece :D



  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 33 of 102123 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 100101102