Formerly laughable item descriptions
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 31 of 113123 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 111112113
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:07 am 

deimos3428 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Ok, maybe I am just being dumb here, but does anyone here know what the hell this thing is and how exactly it applies to FRPGs? :?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 34491&rd=1

I'm not sure, but it seems for it's that "other" fantasy role-playing...the kind that uses whips & chains instead of dice. ;)

With that answer, I think that I am now glad I do not know what that thing is. 8O

killjoy32 wrote:trust you to be looking at that stuff!!! 8O 8O 8O

:D

Hey Alan nice pic,  I know the RJK auctions were brutal, but geez...... :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:30 am 

there were a few items i wanted from his auctions, but the prices they ended up going for, man there was nooooo chance i would have ever won any of them.  :)

the pic is damn cool - spent ages just looking for the right one...

if you aint seen "Sin City" yet guys, go check it out - coolest film i have seen for a while!!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:34 am 

bclarkie wrote:Ok, maybe I am just being dumb here, but does anyone here know what the hell this thing is and how exactly it applies to FRPGs? :?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 34491&rd=1

*googles*

erm... OK, I wish I hadn't been that curious... :oops:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:15 pm 

Check out this DMG, it has teeth. 8O

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 95313&rd=1

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:47 am 

bclarkie wrote:Check out this DMG, it has teeth. 8O

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 95313&rd=1

listing wrote:The bottom has been cut and the head of the wizard is missing.

Sounds like somebody went a little insane...mutilating DMG's is the first sign.  :wink:

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:54 am 

I had this one spammed to me as a "hard to find Dungeons & Dragons item":

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... eName=WDVW

I assume he means that it is hard to find a mutilated MMII, cuz brother, an MMII is not as RARE! RARE! RARE! as you might think.

Also, is it just me or does he seem to think that when you cut out part of a page, it doesn't affect the page's other side?  :roll:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:09 am 

Achizar wrote:I had this one spammed to me as a "hard to find Dungeons & Dragons item":

I assume he means that it is hard to find a mutilated MMII, cuz brother, an MMII is not as RARE! RARE! RARE! as you might think.

Also, is it just me or does he seem to think that when you cut out part of a page, it doesn't affect the page's other side? :roll:

[i]Advanced Dungeons and Dragons Monster Manual II

160 page AD&D classic must have by Gary Gygax.

Overall this volume is in excellent condition and largely intact - however - there are numerous (about 20) places where the pictures have been cut out. The cuts are small - but the pictures are missing in these spots - yet all other information on these pages is still useable. Do not complain to me about the condition if you choose to buy this book. It is still 95% useful.

'
Funniest description I've read in awhile, when something is "LARGELY INTACT" I'm usually "LARGELY NOT INTERESTED"...I also like his "95% useful", as if he did a mathmatical formula based on the criteria and came up with that exact number...

Mike B.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:43 am 

Achizar wrote:I had this one spammed to me as a "hard to find Dungeons & Dragons item":

Also, is it just me or does he seem to think that when you cut out part of a page, it doesn't affect the page's other side? :roll:

Got the same spam. All such spammers end up on my personal black list, where they can enjoy the company of other spammers, like the ones who prefer to mess up the eBay search function by using the "A little history..." paragraph (you know who you are!), "shady sellers" from the thread and sellers I've had bad experiences with. No purchases from me for those folks!

At this point, thanks to the guys (bclarkie et al.) who do all the hard work and expose shady sellers on this forum. You're doing us all a great favor.

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:33 pm 

THe auction itself isn't particularly noteworthy unless you need some dice in its original plastic bag, but I really love the sellers EBay handle:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 74973&rd=1

Hmmmm..... :wink:

BTW, thanks Ralf. :D

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:12 am 

removed already ...:(

Could you share the handle with the people on the forum or is it so bad that Foulfoot would boot you off the Acaeumforums?  :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:51 am 

fluffmaister wrote:removed already ...:(

Could you share the handle with the people on the forum or is it so bad that Foulfoot would boot you off the Acaeumforums? :D

Weird. I have absolutely no idea why Ebay removed that auction. The seller is still an active user and the name really isn't that bad. Here is the link to the seller:
eBay listings

:?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:10 am 

bclarkie wrote:
fluffmaister wrote:removed already ...:(

Could you share the handle with the people on the forum or is it so bad that Foulfoot would boot you off the Acaeumforums? :D

Weird. I have absolutely no idea why Ebay removed that auction. The seller is still an active user and the name really isn't that bad. Here is the link to the seller:
eBay listings

hey BC...well what was the auction then??!! :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:11 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:

eBay listings

hey BC...well what was the auction then??!! :D

Al

It was just an original D&D basic box set. :? The 1 with the blue box.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:16 am 

wonder why it got pulled then? how bizarre!!

oh well :)

right, back to lunch :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:21 am 

Ok, I know I'm being rough on the guy, because it is just a typo, but it made me laugh for some reason:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 5&rd=1

He forgot to note that one purpose of the module is for the PCs to locate the legendary Rabbit Ears +3. He also neglected to say that the quest is doomed to failure because the Slave Lords got cable a couple years back.  :lol:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:23 am 

And what in the name of [insert favorite DDG entry here] is this doing listed under D&D accessories  :?:  :?:  :?:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 0&rd=1

Hoping to snag a LARPer looking to accessorize her power suit?  :?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:52 am 

Achizar wrote:Ok, I know I'm being rough on the guy, because it is just a typo, but it made me laugh for some reason:

He forgot to note that one purpose of the module is for the PCs to locate the legendary Rabbit Ears +3. He also neglected to say that the quest is doomed to failure because the Slave Lords got cable a couple years back. :lol:

I've seen the X-rated version of this module, "Ass-ault on the Areolas of the Slave Lords". It was good.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:13 am 

Achizar wrote:Ok, I know I'm being rough on the guy, because it is just a typo, but it made me laugh for some reason:

He forgot to note that one purpose of the module is for the PCs to locate the legendary Rabbit Ears +3. He also neglected to say that the quest is doomed to failure because the Slave Lords got cable a couple years back. :lol:

nahhhh this was the "made-for-TV" version :D

you should go grab it cos its ULTRA RARE.....honest... :D

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 31 of 113123 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 111112113