Formerly laughable item descriptions
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 27 of 113123 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 111112113
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:01 am 

bclarkie wrote:This auction isn't particularly funny, but the bidding history is. Look at my bid on this(even though I didn't win) to top out our furry friend.
offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBid ... 5185364725
Gad, to predictable. :wink:

Of course, if the price hadn't gotten so high, my sniper software would have sent in a $56.71 bid to top Cougar and anyone else who might think they could beat him by only a few pennies.   :D

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:47 pm 

I'm busting myself....I hope by voluntarily coming forward I can avoid severe penalites. I was checking some of my listings and notice this in my "25 modules" listing:

C1 The Hidden Shrink of Tamoachan (TSR, 2nd print 1981 Brown Cover)---Very heavy outer wear, picture book included, handouts seperated but included, interior booklets have very heavy wear (Poor).

I don't know about you, but I picture this little mousy guy with glasses hiding in the pyramid, then trying to psychoanalyze the barbarian guy, elven thief and cleric chick (the tournament characters) after he is rescued: "So, mr barbarian, just exactly what is that GIANT SPIKED SWORD supposed to represent?  Are we trying to make up for some inadequacy somewhere else, hmmmm?"

Mike B.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:22 pm 

Badmike wrote:I'm busting myself....I hope by voluntarily coming forward I can avoid severe penalites. I was checking some of my listings and notice this in my "25 modules" listing:

C1 The Hidden Shrink of Tamoachan (TSR, 2nd print 1981 Brown Cover)---Very heavy outer wear, picture book included, handouts seperated but included, interior booklets have very heavy wear (Poor).

I don't know about you, but I picture this little mousy guy with glasses hiding in the pyramid, then trying to psychoanalyze the barbarian guy, elven thief and cleric chick (the tournament characters) after he is rescued: "So, mr barbarian, just exactly what is that GIANT SPIKED SWORD supposed to represent? Are we trying to make up for some inadequacy somewhere else, hmmmm?"

Mike B.

I glossed over the boo boo when I bid on that auction.  :)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:49 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:From the classified section.....

http://www.acaeum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2027

I particularily the line....

mud2guard wrote:...and for a price consistent with these:

http://www.acaeum.com/DDIndexes/Rulebooks.html

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I got a chuckle out of that this morning as well.  OCE prices in particular appear to have been on the rise for some time, hopefully the values listed on Acaeum will be updated to reflect this soon.  :wink: Unless someone wants to sell me a SW OCE for $100...that'd be a juicy turnaround, I should think.

YIM  

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:13 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:I got a chuckle out of that this morning as well. OCE prices in particular appear to have been on the rise for some time, hopefully the values listed on Acaeum will be updated to reflect this soon. :wink:

Can well remember your previous line on why the listed OCE valuations were so low...
"I agree, but I would suggest the valuation board has at least some responsibility to deter morons." :P
What's up with OCE prices lately? • Collecting General •  The Acaeum
(albeit that estimate is now less than half what it was a couple of years ago for a VG copy...
Valuations ^^ • Collecting General •  The Acaeum )

Truth be told, the prices haven't been quite so crazy recently: guess it's time for me to update the latest realisations on that thread, even if not as much "fun" in that context... :)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:06 am 

harami2000 wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:I got a chuckle out of that this morning as well. OCE prices in particular appear to have been on the rise for some time, hopefully the values listed on Acaeum will be updated to reflect this soon. :wink:

Can well remember your previous line on why the listed OCE valuations were so low...
"I agree, but I would suggest the valuation board has at least some responsibility to deter morons." :P
What's up with OCE prices lately? • Collecting General •  The Acaeum

That statement was made prior to me being on the VB, but I still stand by it. :)

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:55 pm 

Ok, I just don't get it.  This guy is selling each of the volumes separately starting at $15, and the box & ref sheets separately starting at $5.

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

First of all, it's confusing as the buyer may not realize the box is empty.  Secondly, the single volumes seem "expensive" on their own.  Does anyone see the logic here?  Why not just put the volumes in the box?

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:58 pm 

kinda good for me I need some parts lol

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:59 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:Ok, I just don't get it. This guy is selling each of the volumes separately starting at $15, and the box & ref sheets separately starting at $5.

First of all, it's confusing as the buyer may not realize the box is empty. Secondly, the single volumes seem "expensive" on their own. Does anyone see the logic here? Why not just put the volumes in the box?

Simple.  There's no room in the box because it's holding the rest of that hand that the Wendy's chili fingertip came from.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:16 pm 

I was there the other day I asked for extra fingers in my chilli but they didn't seem to amused.  Then I was talking to my mom and I was like they can't get nothing right, I ordered this burger plain and here look... I raised the bun and had one of my fingers inserted under there, she was laughing so hard I thought she was gonna die lol.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:19 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:Ok, I just don't get it. This guy is selling each of the volumes separately starting at $15, and the box & ref sheets separately starting at $5.

First of all, it's confusing as the buyer may not realize the box is empty. Secondly, the single volumes seem "expensive" on their own. Does anyone see the logic here? Why not just put the volumes in the box?

I saw that too and was ver confused, :? He is however a member of this forum, so maybe he will see these posts and explain, or perhaps someone can ping him via PM. :wink:

draco76 wrote:I was there the other day I asked for extra fingers in my chilli but they didn't seem to amused. Then I was talking to my mom and I was like they can't get nothing right, I ordered this burger plain and here look... I raised the bun and had one of my fingers inserted under there, she was laughing so hard I thought she was gonna die lol.

Holy F*ck Dude, that is some funny sh*t! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:44 pm 

I guess they took "finger lickin' good" literally.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:15 pm 

collect all 5!  Limited time only

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:53 am 

I'd bid on that box!

Unfortunately, the spare booklets I have are not from an OCE set :?

Rats!

"It's mint, it's a first print, and it's mine!"

KA-POW

"Not anymore".

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:12 am 

bclarkie wrote:

I saw that too and was ver confused, :? He is however a member of this forum, so maybe he will see these posts and explain, or perhaps someone can ping him via PM. :wink:

Doh!  I thought that name sounded familiar...no offense meant, it just seemed odd.
rosenkav wrote:I'd bid on that box!

Unfortunately, the spare booklets I have are not from an OCE set  

Rats!

I'm in the same boat.  If it were a 5th printing box, I'd think about it.  :wink:

YIM  

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:28 pm 

Yea, it's the same guy from here. I used the advice I found from here and listed them separately because one of the strings said they brought in a better price that way. I figured the whole set wouldn't be worth as much since it is incomplete (missing one reference sheet). Thought this way anyone who wanted to fill out an incomplete set could do so or maybe get a better box (not that this one is in GREAT shape but it's not too bad). Included the reference sheets w/ the box just so I could sell it faster. (I only have a couple of weeks left before I bolt to Montana for the summer)Listed the booklets at $5 less than the average prices I saw on here, it seemed a decent starting point, but given my inexperience with ebay I could be wrong. The whole sets seem to hover at around $100 and divided by 5 (box, sheets and 3 books) I got $20. As to the box being empty, I figured all you savvy collectors would know given it's price of $5, but if someone beefs after the auction I would refund their dough no sweat. Also figured since the books are from the same seller (me) it would be obvious they are not included.
Sorry if I caused any confusion. :oops:

Scouts out!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:20 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:I'm in the same boat. If it were a 5th printing box, I'd think about it. :wink:

Did they do a 5th print pre-pub box? :?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:33 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:I'm in the same boat. If it were a 5th printing box, I'd think about it. :wink:

Did they do a 5th print pre-pub box? :?

If they did, I don't have it.  :(

YIM  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 27 of 113123 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 111112113