Formerly laughable item descriptions
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 26 of 113123 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 111112113
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:29 am 

Guido-the-Gypsy wrote:Wait a minute . . . Mike, are you trying to infer that I might be some sort of child . . . .

Hey, coming from a couple of kids that stuff's funny....but coming from an adult I'd get worried...the simple truth is, kids love boogers, but adults not so much....:D

Mike B.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:00 pm 

Guido-the-Gypsy wrote:Wait a minute . . . Mike, are you trying to infer that I might be some sort of child . . . .

Hey Guido,
So you live in the Mini-Apple...I used to live on 4th St., you know "Positively 4th Street" of Bob Dylan fame, just outside the U of M campus and right across the street from a little market named after a couple of guys.  Don't recall the exact name, but I remember they used to have a slogan that went something like "Eat food and Spend money". Sound familiar?  Right next door to a head shop.  Proably all torn down by now...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:58 am 

afoolandhis$ wrote:

Hey Guido,
So you live in the Mini-Apple...I used to live on 4th St., you know "Positively 4th Street" of Bob Dylan fame, just outside the U of M campus and right across the street from a little market named after a couple of guys. Don't recall the exact name, but I remember they used to have a slogan that went something like "Eat food and Spend money". Sound familiar? Right next door to a head shop. Proably all torn down by now...

Absolutely!!  I live about 10 blocks from there on 5th.   My wife took me to Possitively 4th Street on our first date.   They are under a new name right now (can't recall) and the market was just refurbished.   Remember the church that was across the street from the market - about 6-8 months ago, an entire wall fell down.   Now the church is torn down too.   How long ago where you here?   Did you go to the U?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:11 am 

Guido-the-Gypsy wrote:
afoolandhis$ wrote:
Hey Guido,
So you live in the Mini-Apple...I used to live on 4th St., you know "Positively 4th Street" of Bob Dylan fame, just outside the U of M campus and right across the street from a little market named after a couple of guys. Don't recall the exact name, but I remember they used to have a slogan that went something like "Eat food and Spend money". Sound familiar? Right next door to a head shop. Proably all torn down by now...

Absolutely!! I live about 10 blocks from there on 5th.  My wife took me to Possitively 4th Street on our first date.  They are under a new name right now (can't recall) and the market was just refurbished.  Remember the church that was across the street from the market - about 6-8 months ago, an entire wall fell down.  Now the church is torn down too.  How long ago where you here?  Did you go to the U?

Man, that is just too cool!  I went to the U from '85-'89.  I remember that church.  My building was either right next to it or one down from it.  Two story white apt. building, the only one on the block (the others were red brick, IIRC).  That place was wild.  A couple of hot lesbians lived in the apt. across the hall from mine, and they often left their curtains open, if you know what I mean.  (Pardon me, just parking my bike.)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:30 am 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
Guido-the-Gypsy wrote:
Absolutely!! I live about 10 blocks from there on 5th. My wife took me to Possitively 4th Street on our first date. They are under a new name right now (can't recall) and the market was just refurbished. Remember the church that was across the street from the market - about 6-8 months ago, an entire wall fell down. Now the church is torn down too. How long ago where you here? Did you go to the U?

Man, that is just too cool! I went to the U from '85-'89. I remember that church. My building was either right next to it or one down from it. Two story white apt. building, the only one on the block (the others were red brick, IIRC). That place was wild. A couple of hot lesbians lived in the apt. across the hall from mine, and they often left their curtains open, if you know what I mean. (Pardon me, just parking my bike.)

Too funny!!   We were there at the same time (although I took until 1991 to finish).   Did you ever get a chance to go to Dreamhaven in Dinkytown?  They closed up about a year ago.   As sad as I was about the closing, it allowed me to fill some big holes in my collection at their discounted prices.  

Where are you at now?   Any pics from your bike parking episodes? :twisted:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:38 pm 

Guido-the-Gypsy wrote:

Too funny!!  We were there at the same time (although I took until 1991 to finish).  Did you ever get a chance to go to Dreamhaven in Dinkytown? They closed up about a year ago.  As sad as I was about the closing, it allowed me to fill some big holes in my collection at their discounted prices.  

Where are you at now?  Any pics from your bike parking episodes? :twisted:

I don't remember Dreamhaven, but was ALL OVER Dinkytown, so if it was there in the 80's then I probably checked it out.

Where am I now?  What do Joe Namath and Joe Montana have in common?

And how much are you willing to pay for pics?  How about videos?   :twisted:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:43 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:I don't remember Dreamhaven, but was ALL OVER Dinkytown, so if it was there in the 80's then I probably checked it out.

Where am I now? What do Joe Namath and Joe Montana have in common?

And how much are you willing to pay for pics? How about videos? :twisted:

Oh, Oh, I know I know. :twisted:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:06 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
afoolandhis$ wrote:I don't remember Dreamhaven, but was ALL OVER Dinkytown, so if it was there in the 80's then I probably checked it out.

Where am I now? What do Joe Namath and Joe Montana have in common?

And how much are you willing to pay for pics? How about videos? :twisted:

Oh, Oh, I know I know. :twisted:

Hey clarkie, are you a steeler's fan?  Remember, I said I owe you one for that nice tip on the Temple of Elemental Evil.  :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:14 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:Hey clarkie, are you a steeler's fan? Remember, I said I owe you one for that nice tip on the Temple of Elemental Evil. :D

BIG Stiller Fan :D
*as he stares at Heinz field from his desk*

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:21 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
afoolandhis$ wrote:Hey clarkie, are you a steeler's fan? Remember, I said I owe you one for that nice tip on the Temple of Elemental Evil. :D

Okay, man, have I got a sweetie for you.  Scan on the way in the next day or so.  :D

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:19 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

Here you go, clarkie.  1976 Wonder Bread set, with Franco and Ham.  There are 24 cards total, though only 2 Steelers, but lots of the old greats are in there.  Cards are MINT.  The streaking is from my scanner.  PM me your mailing address, and they're all yours!   :D

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:57 am 

4 original dungeons and dragons rulebooks

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5186592015

That'll be 2 books then!  And for only £35 8O

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:10 pm 

johnhuck wrote:4 original dungeons and dragons rulebooks

That'll be 2 books then! And for only £35 8O

Wow, this one made both the interesting items and laughable items thread at the same time. :)

YIM  

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:24 am 

deimos3428 wrote:
johnhuck wrote:4 original dungeons and dragons rulebooks

That'll be 2 books then! And for only £35 8O

Wow, this one made both the interesting items and laughable items thread at the same time. :)

Would just like to reiterate that if you have a GW B1 without the separate player background sheet shown in this auction, it is incomplete.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:04 am 

Clarkie, you are a Steelers fan? My condolences. Seems we gave you a bum cornerback this year. If you luck out, he will bust his foot again and you can sub in someone worthwhile.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:09 am 

johnhuck wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:Wow, this one made both the interesting items and laughable items thread at the same time. :)

Would just like to reiterate that if you have a GW B1 without the separate player background sheet shown in this auction, it is incomplete.

Spoke with the seller, this appears to be a UK 4th printing set without the box.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:18 pm 

This auction isn't particularly funny, but the bidding history is. Look at my bid on this(even though I didn't win) to top out our furry friend.
offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBid ... 5185364725
Gad, to predictable. :wink:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:40 am 

From the classified section.....

http://www.acaeum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2027

I particularily the line....

mud2guard wrote:...and for a price consistent with these:

http://www.acaeum.com/DDIndexes/Rulebooks.html

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 26 of 113123 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 111112113