Formerly laughable item descriptions
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 25 of 113123 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 111112113
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:50 am 

deimos3428 wrote:cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... 3&rd=1

Judging by the title, this is the little known Austrailian version... :lol:

LOL very funny :)

in fact thats as funny as my girlfriend at the weekend, trying to remember that Bill Murray Film "Groundhog Day", where it suddenly became "Hogroast Day"  8O

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:43 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 07595&rd=1

guys trying to make ppl think this is the rare one....

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:36 am 

Killjoy wrote:

hey ian! i been meaning to mention that to you too! have been trying to persuade amanda to go up there for a trip, but once she heard the "oh while we are there, i wouldnt mind checking out a few shops" line, she told me to fook off  8O  8O  8O    

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Hay I know the feeling man, My Girlfriend and I are laughing so hard about this I can barely type the keys....... :lol: :lol: She gave me a similar FOOOOOOOOOOOOK OFF when she suggested a trip recently to her home town of Detroit and I said the Lake Geneva area isn't that far away 8O 8O , plus it would be fun I told her. 8O :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:24 am 

invincibleoverlord wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Hay I know the feeling man, My Girlfriend and I are laughing so hard about this I can barely type the keys....... :lol: :lol: She gave me a similar FOOOOOOOOOOOOK OFF when she suggested a trip recently to her home town of Detroit and I said the Lake Geneva area isn't that far away 8O 8O , plus it would be fun I told her. 8O :lol: :lol: :lol:

aha! so it aint just me then!!  :D

i need to become a hypnotist...*** repeat after me...D&D is your life....you cannot survive without it....you will hunt high and low for stuff.....money is never a question ***

;)

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:36 am 

Badmike wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:On my recent vacation to Ft. Lauderdale, I couldn't resist checking out some of the RPG shops to see how they compared to the greedy fiends in Toronto.
To my horror, they were even worse! They were attempting to sell a 6th printing PHB for $100, and a priest cover DMG for $60! I think I'll stick with eBay, even with the shipping fiascos that arise from time to time. :wink:

Deimos, it must be those battered Floridians trying to pay for fixing up their hurricaine destroyed shops :)

Except Ft Laud did not have to much damage ;)

S Florida is a used book hole, I don't know how IO lives here and survives :)

Which store was it? Not Dragonslair, maybe Past Present Future?

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:11 am 

I cleaned them all out years ago when they were happy to sell cheap. :twisted:
Here's a funny one. When The Comic and Gaming Exchage closed, (now PPF) Bill the old owner sold me a good amount shrinked 1st ED AD&D modules, and told me they'ed been burried in the storeroom for 10+ years. overstock that never sold 8O

"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:16 am 

invincibleoverlord wrote:I cleaned them all out years ago when they were happy to sell cheap. :twisted:
Here's a funny one. When The Comic and Gaming Exchage closed, (now PPF) Bill the old owner sold me a good amount shrinked 1st ED AD&D modules, and told me they'ed been burried in the storeroom for 10+ years. overstock that never sold 8O

Bastard...I used to shop there as well.  :twisted:

Ah well, wasn't buying old D&D back then, so no loss. :)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:19 am 

MrFilthyIke wrote:
Badmike wrote:
Deimos, it must be those battered Floridians trying to pay for fixing up their hurricaine destroyed shops :)

Except Ft Laud did not have to much damage ;)

S Florida is a used book hole, I don't know how IO lives here and survives :)

Which store was it? Not Dragonslair, maybe Past Present Future?

Yes, I believe it was Past Present Future near University & Commerical Blvd.  Not a bad little store (they actually had 1e stuff) but the prices were off the chart.  (I also found an AC4 in a used book store for a reasonable price, but I wasn't really interested in it.)  Bargain hunting is tough.  :wink:

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:20 am 

deimos3428 wrote:Yes, I believe it was Past Present Future near University & Commerical Blvd.

Bingo...and yes, the 1e stuff is overpriced.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:39 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 44258&rd=1

Just wanted to make everyone aware that Guido's Eighth Episode is out now.  I can definitely tell this one was written in part by his kids with all the snot and booger references.  :D  :D  :D

He still hasnt changed that $100 BIN on that X10 though.  There must be someone out there that needs an X10 that bad.  8O

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:01 pm 

After much delay - THE EIGTHTH EPISODE!!

Where are we at - Ed has fallen asleep in a field of poppies due to an allergic reaction.   Thus, the wagon is no longer rolling and a band of goblin "border guards" jump the wagon.   Solomon is capering about as he identifies the leader of the border guards as his brother.   And of course, Guido is surly.

You can hardly believe it, the big man (or in this case, the giant) is down.   An allergic reaction has rendered him a sleeping baby.   Yup, poppies, poppies will put them to sleep.

Amidst the heavily armed goblins and the capering Solomon, you look to Guido.  The corner of the mouth creaks upward and he rumbles, "Wait for it!!"  

"What the . . . ", you stammer?   Raising your hands, you move towards Guido.  "Wait for what?"

"Shuddup," yaps Jojo, Solomon's apparent brudder.   "Shuddup or I'll pin ya to the wagon."

"Wait for it," whispers Guido, now that you are next to him.

"That's it, pin 'em to . . . ."

"AAAACCHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!"   A horrific sneeze, unleased by Ed, rends the air.    

The sun disappears from sight as an amorphous blob covers it.   A wad of boogies (yup, you know, - snot, loogie, boogers) reaches its pinnacle, and begins to decend on the goblin mass.   Guido yanks you under the wagon with him just before impact.  The scattering goblins (no gobboogers) stuck to the ground with the likes of fly paper.   Good thing you waited for "it".  

"A timely gift from Ed?" you mumble in amazement at the quantity.

But where are Jojo and Solomon . . .

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:02 pm 

lol wouldn't want anyone to miss that :D

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:10 pm 

draco76 wrote:"AAAACCHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  A horrific sneeze, unleased by Ed, rends the air.

So if it wasn't leased, then he must have bought it somewhere?

Seriously, man, thanks for posting it.  I actually get a kick out of Guido's installments.   :lol:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:50 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
draco76 wrote:"AAAACCHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!" A horrific sneeze, unleased by Ed, rends the air.

Seriously, man, thanks for posting it. I actually get a kick out of Guido's installments.  :lol:

Can't say I didn't warn anyone . . . this is what happens when a 14 and an 8 year old cook something up.   Believe me, it was more vile before I edited it.  

As for X10, I am slowly closing down my store on eBay, so it will likely sit out there a bit longer.   I really, really want to keep it, but . . . like someone stated in an earlier post, I "told" my wife I am selling everything . . .

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:10 pm 

KingOfPain wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 44258&rd=1

Just wanted to make everyone aware that Guido's Eighth Episode is out now. I can definitely tell this one was written in part by his kids with all the snot and booger references. :D :D :D

He still hasnt changed that $100 BIN on that X10 though. There must be someone out there that needs an X10 that bad. 8O

I will sell mine to Guido (or anyone else) for half that.

Anyone interested?

:D

"It's mint, it's a first print, and it's mine!"

KA-POW

"Not anymore".

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:19 pm 

Guido-the-Gypsy wrote:
afoolandhis$ wrote:

Seriously, man, thanks for posting it. I actually get a kick out of Guido's installments. :lol:

Can't say I didn't warn anyone . . . this is what happens when a 14 and an 8 year old cook something up.  Believe me, it was more vile before I edited it.

As for X10, I am slowly closing down my store on eBay, so it will likely sit out there a bit longer.  I really, really want to keep it, but . . . like someone stated in an earlier post, I "told" my wife I am selling everything . . .

Actually, that was the first installment that made me giggle...knowing FOR CERTAIN they are written by children makes them 100 times funnier for some reason....

Mike B.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:12 am 

Badmike wrote:
Guido-the-Gypsy wrote:
Can't say I didn't warn anyone . . . this is what happens when a 14 and an 8 year old cook something up. Believe me, it was more vile before I edited it.

As for X10, I am slowly closing down my store on eBay, so it will likely sit out there a bit longer. I really, really want to keep it, but . . . like someone stated in an earlier post, I "told" my wife I am selling everything . . .

Actually, that was the first installment that made me giggle...knowing FOR CERTAIN they are written by children makes them 100 times funnier for some reason....

Mike B.

Now you've done it.   Both kids were reading over my shoulder and now they think they are funny.   CRAP!!  And after years of telling that they are not.   So much for college . . . straight to comedy school.   If that is the case, at least I will have more for my toys . . .

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:14 am 

Wait a minute . . . Mike, are you trying to infer that I might be some sort of child . . . .

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 25 of 113123 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 111112113