Formerly laughable item descriptions
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 23 of 113123 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 111112113
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:49 pm 

El Diablo Robotico wrote:

Check out this link: toyarchive.com/Dungeons&Dragons/Pla ... ysets.html

Comparing the two links, I would say that the first link is the ultra rare first print version of this unique playset!!! Snipes all set boys?!?!?! :roll:  :wink:

May Eru's light shine upon you always.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:49 pm 

Here is one for you all:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 2&rd=1

As if the original isn't already a piece of sh*t, but it's a freaken Mexican bootleg of a piece of sh*t.  It's kind of like buying one of those fake rubber terds at the novelty store. :twisted:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:49 am 

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 72999&rd=1

The lot could be interesting, but the picture is like an abstract painting  :lol:

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:08 am 

rosenkav wrote:http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 72999&rd=1

The lot could be interesting, but the picture is like an abstract painting :lol:

Thanks for the link.  Ya know...the multinational Ebay sites are like a Rosetta stone.  I just learned how to say days and hours in Italian!!!

May Eru's light shine upon you always.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:48 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Here is one for you all:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 2&rd=1

As if the original isn't already a piece of sh*t, but it's a freaken Mexican bootleg of a piece of sh*t. It's kind of like buying one of those fake rubber terds at the novelty store. :twisted:

This is what happens when toy designers trip on acid.  (Mental picture of Tommy Chong in a room full of smoke laughing to himself while putting this toy together)   :lol:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:53 am 

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 5&rd=1

Everything about the sellers instructions in yellow is normal until you get to the:
just remember that I am a college gal

I mean it is obvious that he uses the same format as Tonya's Games and has just made some personal modifications, but how funny is it that he missed that. :lol: Knowing that Tonya obviously checks these forums out, I wonder how long before this one gets corrected. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:03 am 

I've asked the question...

Hi. Is Titan Games a reincarnation of Tony Ass Games and/or Tony Ass Wop Shop? The reason I ask is that both have a very bad reputation in the collector community and I don't want to end up trading with them if they've simply openned up in a new name to avoid their bad reputation.

<edit> I should have pointed out, this was the question I asked of Titan Games. I'm waiting for their response. :D

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:06 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:I've asked the question...

Hi. Is Titan Games a reincarnation of Tony Ass Games and/or Tony Ass Wop Shop? The reason I ask is that both have a very bad reputation in the collector community and I don't want to end up trading with them if they've simply openned up in a new name to avoid their bad reputation.

Holy sh*t, I just fell out of my chair.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:17 am 

ian, they are pretty much one and the same mate. they deal and operate from the same place. tonya's dad owns titan games (i think)..... i dealt with tonya a few times and it was "ok" bar for the exaggerated handling charges. a mate of mine just recently got stiffed huge by them. i told him not to pay and fight her over the handling fees, which believe me were nothing short of ludicrous.

so if you want my advice, steer well clear chummer...

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:26 am 

One of things that drives me crazy about tony/ass/wap/shop is that she totally contradicts herself in her own about me page. First she says trying to justify her outrageous shipping costs:
Shipping and Handling is not just "postage". It is Postage, plus labor (Allan and my packer), cost of supplies, and a bit of my overall "overhead" (you know, office lease, lights, utlities, etc.)

Then when it comes to the possibility of picking up items:
No, you cannot pick it up at my house, or my shop - I do not own a shop, I own an online company.

Unreal :evil: :evil: :evil:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:45 am 

bclarkie wrote:Holy sh*t, I just fell out of my chair. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:58 am 

Here is the portion talked about, pasted here for posterity (in case it gets corrected) ;)

Policies & Payment Info:
Do not bid if you do not intend to pay. I will deliver what I guarantee - I expect buyers to pay on time, and according to my guidelines. Thanks, Titan Games

Don't Forget! Buyers of multiple items save on S&H fee's! See Shipping & Handling!

If you are not satisfied with this purchase, return it -in the same condition- for full refund of winning bid. Return Shipping is bidders responsibility. If you leave neutral or negative feedback before working out the return, this voids my satisfaction guarantee. I'm a nice person, so please be nice, too.

email your questions if you need other information, just remember that I am a college gal. I usually ship only on Wednesday, and on Friday.

If you buy multiple items: I expect to be paid for each item within 7 days of closing.

I prefer paypal as payment method, but will accept money orders or checks made out to MARK SCHUMANN

It's seem I've also stumbled upon a photo of said store owner, let's post it here:

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:27 pm 

<edit> I should have pointed out, this was the question I asked of Titan Games. I'm waiting for their response. :D

Whoa, whoa!  Is there more than one "Titan Games"?

Titan Games, online seller out of Battle Creek, Michigan, is a very well-known and respected dealer of second-hand games.  Titan Games does have a retail store.  The owner, Marcus King, gives seminars on retailing at the GAMA Trade Show.  He's well known and scrupulously honest.  Speaking as a former retailer, Marcus runs the store we all want to be when we grow up--at least in sales volume if not in the details.

If you had a problem with THAT Titan Games, give me an e-mail at [email protected], and I'll call up Marcus immediately and help mediate a resolution.

Lloyd Brown

Just some guy

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:52 am 

LloydBrown wrote:

Whoa, whoa! Is there more than one "Titan Games"?

Titan Games, online seller out of Battle Creek, Michigan, is a very well-known and respected dealer of second-hand games. Titan Games does have a retail store. The owner, Marcus King, gives seminars on retailing at the GAMA Trade Show. He's well known and scrupulously honest. Speaking as a former retailer, Marcus runs the store we all want to be when we grow up--at least in sales volume if not in the details.

If you had a problem with THAT Titan Games, give me an e-mail at [email protected], and I'll call up Marcus immediately and help mediate a resolution.

I will say when you deal with Titan's Games or Tonya's Shop you'll get what you paid for in a timely manner.  I'll also say you'll be absolutely raped on shipping and handling charges, especially if you try and "combine' orders (they state up front they give no discounts for multiple orders....must be one of those retailer tidbits I missed out on in Economics 101 in college).  But let me stress that they let you know these fees up front,  and it's only your own fault if you get stuck bidding on 10-12 items at one time and then realize with a sinking feeling that if you win them all your shipping will be $28 media mail (A nice $20 or so profit, and yes that was me once, luckily I ended up losing all the auctions I'd bid on).   I'm on his mailing list and have been for years but only for price comparison purposes, I feel his prices on items are much too high (much higher than Ebay in most cases).  I've noticed lately they seem to have gotten more in touch with the actual marketplace, but still, those dang shipping and handling charges.......sheesh......I don't see how he'll prosper on Ebay when people realize they are overpaying for shipping.  But if true criminals like Cougar and Game Emporium work, then I suppose Titans Games will find their niche also, as at least he's honest in that everything is up front, if you deal with him don't be surprised with that whopping shipping notice.

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:03 am 

killjoy32 wrote:ian, they are pretty much one and the same mate. they deal and operate from the same place. tonya's dad owns titan games (i think)..... i dealt with tonya a few times and it was "ok" bar for the exaggerated handling charges. a mate of mine just recently got stiffed huge by them. i told him not to pay and fight her over the handling fees, which believe me were nothing short of ludicrous.

so if you want my advice, steer well clear chummer...

Al

Tonya is the daughter of Marcus King.  Her father gives/sells her wholesale items she can resell on her own site (don't believe the BS about finding items at the Salvation Army or whatever).   Actually, it's a good tax move for him, and a nice way to put her though college without actually just handing her the money outright.  But once again, she's read the same book on internet selling her father has and realized all the money is on overpriced shipping and handling fees.  
 As an example, let's say you win 20 modules from Titans. Cost is full price for the most expensive (let's say $4.65, although many are much costlier).  Say the others are all the same price, you pay HALF the shipping on all the other items.  So, shipping on your 20 module order would be $42.65 (ballpark figure).  That's for media mail!  If you want priority mail its more, even though a flat rate priority box is only $7.70.  So, even if they did use the priority box, you are paying an additional $35 or so extra shipping (or pure profit, giving Tonya another free semester at college).  I'm all for making shipping pay for expenses such as fees, supplies, etc, but thats ridiculous.  Once again though I'll say that all this is up front, if you win multiple auctions then shame on you. Still, it boggles the mind such a large well known retailer doesn't give discounts on shipping multiple items!!!!!!

MIke B.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:28 am 

hey i am all for someone making a "little" out of the shipping for all their efforts, especially on big orders. after all, they are also doing you a service, as the combination would be a LOT less than the full amount "if a discount" was applied. that i do not begrudge at all. i DO when you just get slapped as a whole on each item, that is just ludicrous. i will never understand that. the obvious pitch there, is the market where one person buys one item. what a way to trade!  8O

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:14 am 

Just to add on to the negatives in dealing with Titan/ass/swap/shop & Tony/ass/swap/shop, is that they both VERY CLEARLY overgrade their items. :roll:

Oh and I forgot, they are both college gals. :lol:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:43 am 

bclarkie wrote:Just to add on to the negatives in dealing with Titan/ass/swap/shop & Tony/ass/swap/shop, is that they both VERY CLEARLY overgrade their items. :roll:

Oh and I forgot, they are both college gals. :lol:

My problem with Tony's Tight Ass Games or Tony's Ass Wipe Shop, or whatever they are calling themselves now, is that they predominantly sell shite, dress it up to mint and rare, and set out to rip off newbies.

Don't get me wrong. The less money the newbies have the less they'll be cropping up on the auctions I'm bidding on. But we were all newbies once, and I just don't like the way Titan Games and Joe90 (or whatever ETC call themselves) set out to screw the industry. Cougar also has a tendancy to exagerate rarity and condition.

I am amazed that whatever these people buy, and from wherever, they have a magic machine that makes it rare and in very good or excelent condition.

At the end of the day they only hurt newbies I suppose.

Maybe the best way to warn newbies is to have an info page offering advice to newbies on buying on eBay (description, rarity, condition, payment, etc.) and sticking links to various threads.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 23 of 113123 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 111112113