Formerly laughable item descriptions
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 22 of 113123 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 111112113
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:01 pm 

morgansurname wrote:check out the high bidder:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5565204179

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dont ask, dont tell?

Mike B.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:03 pm 

To be fair, I have sold about a hundred or so Mary Kay cosmetics on eBay.  My wife gave selling a try . . . but eventually stopped with all this left over inventory.  Every once in a while I list it and have become rather familiar with the whole line of products.

- For foundations your "Ivory" colors sell best.

- Most of the lighter eyeliners and lips glosses do well - dark and bronze colors hardly sell at all (lots of "fair" skinned Mary Kay customers out there)

- Anything that reduces wrinkles or in "anti-aging" is a good seller.

- There are some "rare" items that command exceptionally high prices (discontinued MK things that can only be found from old inventory)

And, I would like to add, that at least 95% of Mary Kay customers send instant payment or payment within one day.  They always leave good feedback, are very pleasant in their emails and . . . at least 25% of them are men!  

In fact, so many are men that I am absolutely sure they are not all just "buying" them for their . . . um, girlfriends.  

"Yeah, whatever, take your "Crimson Rose" lip gloss and give me your $7.00.  I'll be sure to send it out in an umarked manilla envelope for you. . . ."  

8)

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:13 pm 

my girlfriend sells all that sorta stuff...shes into all that.....she starts talking about it and i am like homer simpson "uh huh uh huh oooh look cookies"  8)

she went to a local cosmetic shop the other week and bought these 5 things (dunno what they called) and sold them on ebay and made 200% profit! was quite impressed tbh, but um nah i dont think i will be going into that line anytime soon thanks  8O

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:47 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote:To be fair, I have sold about a hundred or so Mary Kay cosmetics on eBay. My wife gave selling a try . . . but eventually stopped with all this left over inventory. Every once in a while I list it and have become rather familiar with the whole line of products.

- For foundations your "Ivory" colors sell best.

- Most of the lighter eyeliners and lips glosses do well - dark and bronze colors hardly sell at all (lots of "fair" skinned Mary Kay customers out there)

- Anything that reduces wrinkles or in "anti-aging" is a good seller.

- There are some "rare" items that command exceptionally high prices (discontinued MK things that can only be found from old inventory)

And, I would like to add, that at least 95% of Mary Kay customers send instant payment or payment within one day. They always leave good feedback, are very pleasant in their emails and . . . at least 25% of them are men!

In fact, so many are men that I am absolutely sure they are not all just "buying" them for their . . . um, girlfriends.

"Yeah, whatever, take your "Crimson Rose" lip gloss and give me your $7.00. I'll be sure to send it out in an umarked manilla envelope for you. . . ."

8)

Hmmm...food for thought.

Perhaps Cougar innards is going to corner the market on this foundation as with the H series.

I am sure that the products will fetch at least 50% more in Shrinkwrap.  :roll:  :wink:  :lol:

May Eru's light shine upon you always.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:07 pm 

morgansurname wrote:check out the high bidder:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5565204179

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow, folks on this site are a tough crowd. :wink:

KingOfPain wrote:I am starting to think that the Coug' is actually a woman. With the diapers coupon auctions and now this it just makes sense. The most logical/obvious choice is usually the correct one.

Or.....maybe Cougar lost both his arms in a freak dolphin feeding accident and since he cannot type using a keyboard, has to use some kind of voice or eye-blinking interface to send emails, run his auctions, and other computer related skills. This would explain the diapers. He probably cant wipe himself. This may also explain why he never posts on this board. The interface isnt compatible with The Acaeum's software and all he gets are errors. But he can probably read the posts and just not reply to them. I can envision him sitting in his easy chair at home, sucking oatmeal (or some other liquidy food) through a straw and muttering to himself every few minutes about all "the bloody bastards" that keep making fun of him on the forum and how he is going to get even once he cleans up his shorts and makes up all the money he spent on all those H1's.

On the other hand, maybe he is an evil genius and just doesnt have time to visit us because he is too busy planning the end of western civilization. Oh, wait. Wrong person. I was thinking of Maxwell. :D

{edit} Check that, this is a VERY TOUGH CROWD!!!! :lol: :lol:

One thing though, if I was the "Coug", I wouldn't post on this board either. I only say this of course, because he would get virtually destroyed by the folks here. I mean seriously, look at what happened to the_game_emporium guy. 8O Also, think about at what gets said about him and he's not even around. 8O 8O 8O Now think about what would happen if he did post here. 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:09 pm 

Hell, I was just bored at work today and didnt have anything better to do than bash some complete stranger.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Sorry coug'.  You aren't a woman....at least not yet.  But it looks like you are on the right track.  :wink:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:30 am 

lol this is really funny! it took me a minute to figure out what the hell it was about....go looksee :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 67278&rd=1

8O  8O  :lol:

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:39 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 51523&rd=1

First off the picture is very blurred, but then look just above it at the bottom of the description.

Also included is an odd little 6-sided dice that has the following numbers: 2 4 8 16 32 64. It came with the boxed set when I bought it, so I thought I'd include it here.

The die being described is (I think) a Backgammon Doubling Die.... What say you???

If so, what the heck would it be doing in a ODD box Set? :roll:

and just below that is the following:

dnd d&d adnd ad&d odnd od&d d20 dungeons dragons advanced 1st first 2nd second 3rd third edition OCE

:evil:  :twisted:

Haven't some of the forum members discussed this sort of thing? And isn't E-Bay supposedly cracking down on sellers doing this?

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:57 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:lol this is really funny! it took me a minute to figure out what the hell it was about....go looksee :)

8O 8O :lol:

I'm afraid I still haven't figured it out... wassup?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:04 pm 

Aneoth wrote:The die being described is (I think) a Backgammon Doubling Die.... What say you???

That's definitely a backgammon doubling cube. There's no way it came with the set; I'm sure it was just mixed in accidentally.

The funny thing here is that most of us on these forums are probably VERY careful with our games, perhaps even obsessive. But think about visiting with your non-gamer friends ... have you ever taken a look at their "games closet"? Missing Monopoly tokens, Sorry! pieces mixed in with Clue pieces, pieces from a checkers set pulling double-duty as pawns for chess, etc., etc. And then there's the dice (all d6, of course) — one game might be missing its dice completely, while another might have 18 dice in the box, for no reason that anyone can think of ... stupid non-gamers! :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:16 pm 

El Diablo Robotico wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:lol this is really funny! it took me a minute to figure out what the hell it was about....go looksee :)

8O 8O :lol:

look closely at the picture. its clearly a computer game? there are two guys standing against the wall...look at the floor around their feet and you will see what they are actually doing..... made me snigger anyway :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:20 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:

look closely at the picture. its clearly a computer game? there are two guys standing against the wall...look at the floor around their feet and you will see what they are actually doing..... made me snigger anyway :D

Okay yeah, I caught onto that when I first looked at it. At the bottom of the stairs is a guy in dark clothes with a green-haired girl wrapped around him. But the other guy (in the white clothes) is just standing there under the street lamp. And up on the top of the steps is another girl and a guy. It all looks like some sort of prostitute action going on.

But what I still don't get is what the f*ck is the guy selling? The computer game? Prostitution services? What?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:32 pm 

LOL who knows - real funny tho - will msg the guy when i get a min - i just need to find out now :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:49 am 

WTF is THIS?!
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 5&rd=1
8O :lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:37 am 

Now that would look good in IO's lair. :D

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:14 pm 

Check out this link: toyarchive.com/Dungeons&Dragons/Pla ... ysets.html

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:18 pm 

Now that would look good in IO's lair.  :D

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:13 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:

Okay yeah, I caught onto that when I first looked at it. At the bottom of the stairs is a guy in dark clothes with a green-haired girl wrapped around him. But the other guy (in the white clothes) is just standing there under the street lamp. And up on the top of the steps is another girl and a guy. It all looks like some sort of prostitute action going on.

But what I still don't get is what the f*ck is the guy selling? The computer game? Prostitution services? What?

I'm in the same boat.

Sorry to be so dense.

Regards,

Stephen

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 22 of 113123 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 111112113