Formerly laughable item descriptions
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 20 of 113123 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 111112113
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:21 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:

However, if there is no money in the Paypal account to be had, then the buyer gets stiffed. :evil:

That is not true with PayPal's Buyer Protection. If the PayPal Buyer Protection symbol is displayed on the auction, then PayPal must return the money to you following a successful case. In order for a PayPal Buyer Protection Shield to appear on the auction, the seller has to be fully varified with PayPal, and have granted PayPal access to their bank account and credit card. Anyhow, I'll know buy Monday.

and he's in the UK ian? well if its a no-result i will gladly go round and sort him out :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:32 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote: That is not true with PayPal's Buyer Protection. If the PayPal Buyer Protection symbol is displayed on the auction, then PayPal must return the money to you following a successful case. In order for a PayPal Buyer Protection Shield to appear on the auction, the seller has to be fully varified with PayPal, and have granted PayPal access to their bank account and credit card. Anyhow, I'll know buy Monday.

True enough, but the problem with that is that I could have my Credit Card and Bank Account closed out in 10 minutes or less with just 2 phone calls.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:36 am 

bclarkie wrote:True enough, but the problem with that is that I could have my Credit Card and Bank Account closed out in 10 minutes or less with just 2 phone calls.

Fair enough.

Might take you up on that, Alan. BTW I checked out his buy history. He buys a lot to kickboxing and karate stuff. :D

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:39 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote: Might take you up on that, Alan. BTW I checked out his buy history. He buys a lot to kickboxing and karate stuff. :D

I think that means if you are going Alan, you had better pack a lunch. :wink:  :lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:45 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:True enough, but the problem with that is that I could have my Credit Card and Bank Account closed out in 10 minutes or less with just 2 phone calls.

Fair enough.

Might take you up on that, Alan. BTW I checked out his buy history. He buys a lot to kickboxing and karate stuff. :D

that may well be mate but let me tell you its pretty damn hard to dodge or block this nice axe i have here in my house, so he's more than welcome to try and while he's blocking that he will get the morning star in the nuts so whatever....its good for me :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:23 pm 

Great description, great items, great price, great feedback rating...  

Unfortunately, the photographs are not exactly helping this auction:

cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... otohosting

YIM  

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:18 am 

deimos3428 wrote:Unfortunately, the photographs are not exactly helping this auction

"Honey, where's the flash on the new camera?

"Honey? Are you there?

"Oh, never mind, I'll figure it out myself ... (grumble, grumble)."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:11 am 

Look at these artworks ! :o Pic #2.

Seaserpent lesser, shark great white etc.

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... RK:MEWA:IT

Is there a prepub of a Fiend Folio 2 from RPGA ? Can anybody help me ?

I saw it first guys !

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:28 am 

Howdy,

youffie404 wrote:Look at these artworks ! :o Pic #2.

Seaserpent lesser, shark great white etc.

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... RK:MEWA:IT

Is there a prepub of a Fiend Folio 2 from RPGA ? Can anybody help me ?

I saw it first guys !

Or maybe I did.... :) The pictures are traced from the D&D Expert set and colored, modified from that. The monsters are home brewed. Still something nice to collect. I just bought a Tomb of Horrors colored in with pencil. The pictures have bben doen very nicely. Perhaps when I run the module I'll use the color illos. to give the pics a bit of oomph!

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:19 pm 

Speaking of funny and/or terrible descriptions (and I apologize if this has been mentioned before in this thread) has anyone seen that sap selling printed out d20 web material plus his own generated OGL stuff, usually with "RARE AD&D HARD TO FIND"...etc in the descriptions?

Here's one of 'em...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 37558&rd=1

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:36 am 

Here is one from an old friend:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... eName=WDVW

Descriptions like this are a gigantic pet peeve with me. :evil:   Why don't people realize that the moment that you catch yourself saying "except for" or "besides that" then your item is no longer MINT. :roll:

Also, if you read further down, it looks like if you win his auction for his "MINT" item, it appears that D&D artist Jeff "EASLEY", will remove the remaining sticker residue for you. :roll:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:40 am 

bclarkie wrote:Here is one from an old friend:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... eName=WDVW

Descriptions like this are a gigantic pet peeve with me. Why don't people realize that the moment that you catch yourself saying "except for" or "besides that" that your item is no longer MINT. :roll:

he outbid me for that RPGA forgotten king last week ... f***er :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:27 am 

Well, this Easley dude must be a really nice fella...

Removing stickers and all. Maybe he could also cancel scribblings inside the modules if we ask nicely...

8)

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:51 am 

rosenkav wrote:Well, this Easley dude must be a really nice fella...

Removing stickers and all. Maybe he could also cancel scribblings inside the modules if we ask nicely...

8)

hey great! i can send him this T1-4 i have here with loads of pencil in it. "please sir can you make it mint again?"  :wink:

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:00 am 

Not quite a geometry expert:

:roll:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 26019&rd=1

May Eru's light shine upon you always.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:13 am 

morgansurname wrote:Not quite a geometry expert:

:roll:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 26019&rd=1

Sheesh, the guy doesn't even know what an icosahedron is!  :roll: I guess the funny d20s taught us something after all.

Interesting info on dice, and their proper names:

encyclopedia.laborlawtalk.com/D8#Polyhe ... ying_games

The only one I didn't know was the "pentagonal trapezohedron" (d10).

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:32 pm 

And do you know that a d10 is the only die in a standard set of dice to not be a regular polygon?

You also forgot to mention Zocchi's wierd dice (now made by Chessex I believe): the 5, 7, 16, and 32 sided dice.  And of course we can't forget the Zocchihedron.

BTW, given that the Romans had d20's it seems logical they must have had role playing of some sort.  :lol:   Just don't expect to find them numbered 0-9 twice.  The Romans had no zero.  That was a Phonecian invention.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:02 pm 

Traveller wrote:And do you know that a d10 is the only die in a standard set of dice to not be a regular polygon?

You also forgot to mention Zocchi's wierd dice (now made by Chessex I believe): the 5, 7, 16, and 32 sided dice. And of course we can't forget the Zocchihedron.

BTW, given that the Romans had d20's it seems logical they must have had role playing of some sort. :lol:  Just don't expect to find them numbered 0-9 twice. The Romans had no zero. That was a Phonecian invention.

And a standard soccer ball (football for those of you across the pond) is a "truncated icosahedron" -- think a d20 with the points cut off.  :wink: Might explain why the Italians are so good at the sport.

The Zocchihedron was a horrible beast that would never stop rolling...  :roll:

YIM  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 20 of 113123 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 111112113