Formerly laughable item descriptions
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 19 of 113123 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 111112113
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:21 am 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 98158&rd=1

If this condition is "fair", I am an aardvark  8)

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:59 am 

rosenkav wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 98158&rd=1

If this condition is "fair", I am an aardvark 8)

hey if you're a blue aardvark, you could go running around saying "stoopid ant"

gotta admit thats prb the worst DMG i have ever seen! and for $7 too! lol oh man if someone buys that they really are in a bad way! :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:34 am 

killjoy32 wrote:gotta admit thats prb the worst DMG i have ever seen! and for $7 too! lol oh man if someone buys that they really are in a bad way! :)

If it were a T1st DMG, that'd be about right, but it isn't.  I've seen and owned worse.   :wink:

YIM  

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:48 am 

I'm tempted of buying it to show others how these books could get battered and still hold together in "fair" condition  :lol:

YIM  

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:51 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:gotta admit thats prb the worst DMG i have ever seen! and for $7 too! lol

Hey, I thought I had the dishonor of owning that!

New Print Chronolgy for DMG • Collecting General •  The Acaeum :?:

(Was done in the name of research. Honest... :oops: )

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:07 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Anyone who really wants to laugh, check out this auction:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 9&rd=1

The auction itself is not what is funny, but look at the seller/buyer question/answer at the bottom of the listing. Looks like some kitty taming to me. :lol:

Ya I emailed the seller said good job in putting the pussy in his place...... I was talking to him about coming over and picking up the mods if I won because he lives pretty close, well thats if I won a few of his lots.  I knew the bastard was doing chargebacks on ppl after talking them into non-trackable shipping.(couger that is)

here was his reply.

Paula (my other half) has nicknamed him "eBay Nazi". He has all kinds of suggestions and "rules" on his auction, but he doesn't follow them himself. If he had half of a brain, he'd notice the only negative feedback I've EVER gotten is from him!! I left him positive and he ended up doing the chargeback on me. You aren't the first person that has told me he's done this. I wonder if we should report the jackass. We changed our eBay name b/c we are planning on starting a d20 company later this year to match. That's probably why he doesn't recognize me.

Also, if it had been another foreigner with an American address; I probably would have agreed to let him bid.

On my auctions, BIG HIGH & BID OFTEN!!! As I said, you can come by and get them. Hell, maybe we can go out for dinner or something.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:14 pm 

should let meeeeeee bid! i am great to deal with honest!!! and i neeeeeed stuff :)

draco76 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Anyone who really wants to laugh, check out this auction:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 9&rd=1

The auction itself is not what is funny, but look at the seller/buyer question/answer at the bottom of the listing. Looks like some kitty taming to me. :lol:

Ya I emailed the seller said good job in putting the pussy in his place...... I was talking to him about coming over and picking up the mods if I won because he lives pretty close, well thats if I won a few of his lots. I knew the bastard was doing chargebacks on ppl after talking them into non-trackable shipping.(couger that is)

here was his reply.

Paula (my other half) has nicknamed him "eBay Nazi". He has all kinds of suggestions and "rules" on his auction, but he doesn't follow them himself. If he had half of a brain, he'd notice the only negative feedback I've EVER gotten is from him!! I left him positive and he ended up doing the chargeback on me. You aren't the first person that has told me he's done this. I wonder if we should report the jackass. We changed our eBay name b/c we are planning on starting a d20 company later this year to match. That's probably why he doesn't recognize me.

Also, if it had been another foreigner with an American address; I probably would have agreed to let him bid.

On my auctions, BIG HIGH & BID OFTEN!!! As I said, you can come by and get them. Hell, maybe we can go out for dinner or something.

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:17 pm 

ya and compare your feedback to cougers he may be over 99% but thats just from extortion.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:49 pm 

draco76 wrote:ya and compare your feedback to cougers he may be over 99% but thats just from extortion.

hey corey, LEAVE MY FEEDBACK NOW. if you don't i am gonna neg you for being slow n lazy n forgetful  :P

:lol:

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:22 pm 

lol let me ship the stuff 1st... well after you pay :P  I'm going to the post office now to get the shit I need to mail your crap :P  Well that and to drop off 50 other freaken packages.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:05 pm 

draco76 wrote:lol let me ship the stuff 1st... well after you pay :P I'm going to the post office now to get the shit I need to mail your crap :P Well that and to drop off 50 other freaken packages.

LOL oh youre such a goodie goodie :)

i will sniff the package first just in case there is any litter in the box :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:05 pm 

draco76 wrote: Ya I emailed the seller said good job in putting the pussy in his place...... I was talking to him about coming over and picking up the mods if I won because he lives pretty close, well thats if I won a few of his lots. I knew the bastard was doing chargebacks on ppl after talking them into non-trackable shipping.(couger that is)

here was his reply.

Well, I can honestly say that I am now seriously concerned about my dealings with cougar. He has won a few of my auctions now for some basically crappy stuff, and to this point he has been relatively bearable, but this post has me seriously considering dealing with him in the any further. I consider myself a pretty fair person, that I try to give folks the benefit of the doubt, until they do me wrong then I will not deal with them any further, but in this circumstance I may have to make an exception. I can tell you one thing, if cougar screws me in any way, shape or form, I can honestly say he will REGRET IT, more than he can ever imagine. That pr*ck makes you jump through his stupid M-bag hoops, and then he does a charge back through Paypal :?: :!:

BTW, I have never actually had to ship M-bag, is there a way you can put tracking on it? Because if there is not I am definitely not selling to cougar any more. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:23 am 

sorry guys but what is chargeback?

and no you can't track m-bags

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:41 am 

killjoy32 wrote:sorry guys but what is chargeback?

and no you can't track m-bags

Chargeback is when a seller pays with PayPal, and then asks PayPal to recover his money because he disagrees with what you've sold him. PayPal take the disputed paymnet from your account and hold it in ecrow until the dispute is resolved.

US customers who pay with credit cards can use their credit cards to take money back directly from your account. UK buyers do not have this ability because our law works differently.

PayPal offers Seller Protection against chargeback, and basicly it entails confirming the address your shipping to, or only shipping to buyers with confirmed addresses, and providing tracking and insurance. You can oblige buyers to pay for insurance and trackings (AKA Maxi-Pad's Great Quest).

I've had to recover money two or three times. The latest guy in the UK failed to ship recorded delivery and the package disappeared. Under PayPal rules I'm entitled to a full refund £51, and he's left to try to get his £28 from the post office.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:49 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:I've had to recover money two or three times. The latest guy in the UK failed to ship recorded delivery and the package disappeared. Under PayPal rules I'm entitled to a full refund £51, and he's left to try to get his £28 from the post office.

oh man what a shit system we have. so much for honesty and integrity eh? personally, i would have rather gone round to the guys house and gouged out his face with a blunt-spoon. but hey thats just me :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:59 am 

PayPal will return my money 'cos he didn't add tracking to the package. He's the one that ends up stiffed. So I'm happy. :D

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:05 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:PayPal will return my money 'cos he didn't add tracking to the package. He's the one that ends up stiffed. So I'm happy. :D

However, if there is no money in the Paypal account to be had, then the buyer gets stiffed.  :evil:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:11 am 

bclarkie wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:PayPal will return my money 'cos he didn't add tracking to the package. He's the one that ends up stiffed. So I'm happy. :D

However, if there is no money in the Paypal account to be had, then the buyer gets stiffed. :evil:

That is not true with PayPal's Buyer Protection. If the PayPal Buyer Protection symbol is displayed on the auction, then PayPal must return the money to you following a successful case. In order for a PayPal Buyer Protection Shield to appear on the auction, the seller has to be fully varified with PayPal, and have granted PayPal access to their bank account and credit card. Anyhow, I'll know buy Monday.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 19 of 113123 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 111112113