Formerly laughable item descriptions
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 15 of 113123 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 111112113
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:38 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:Trav, I have several copies of all the supplements if you want to consider a trade. I actually just put up four 1st prints.

I'm not sure what I would have that you might be interested in, but let me know.  I might be surprised.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:16 pm 

This is more a laughable pic than an item description.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

I mean who chooses that environment for a background unless the situation went like this:

"Honey, I need you to chop the greens for dinner before my parents get here"
"I'll be right there, I need to take a picture of my module for an auction that I just listed."
"NOW!"
Slinks into kitchen, chop, chop, chop, thinks 'oh sh!t I need to get that picture listed', quickly throws module onto counter, snaps picture and runs off to the computer.

:)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:37 pm 

dzubak wrote:This is more a laughable pic than an item description.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

I mean who chooses that environment for a background unless the situation went like this:

"Honey, I need you to chop the greens for dinner before my parents get here"
"I'll be right there, I need to take a picture of my module for an auction that I just listed."
"NOW!"
Slinks into kitchen, chop, chop, chop, thinks 'oh sh!t I need to get that picture listed', quickly throws module onto counter, snaps picture and runs off to the computer.

:)

Well at least you will have an answer for the inevitable "What the hell is this green stuff on here anyway?!" question, whenever you receive your module in the mail  :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:36 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Looks like one of our own has succumbed to putting the TSR history in his listings:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 7&rd=1

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I thought I'd give it a try and see if I can get $26 for a set of cards like the last one. :D If it works, I might add Judges Guild history, FASA and some others, and a disclaimer at the bottom that says they're not manufactured by Ral Partha, Grenadier or Citadel Miniatures. :D

There seems to be so much search manipulation going on, I thought I'd give it a bash. I could have just made it white or hidden it in some html I suppose.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:10 pm 

Here's another one for  ABSOLUTELY TRUE COMPLETIST  8O
I mean no REAL collector's collection can be complete without this:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:03 pm 

If there was enough to do my 3-year-old's room, I'd get it. He's a massive Conan/Thundarr fan.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:21 pm 

I'm not sure if this one applies or not.  I always thought S1-4 was bound similar to I3-5 or T1-4...am I wrong?

cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... 1&rd=1

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:31 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:I'm not sure if this one applies or not. I always thought S1-4 was bound similar to I3-5 or T1-4...am I wrong?

Actually, for some reason S1-4 is loose from the cover like it appears in the picture, and it was not attached at the spine like the other supermodules are. IMHO regardless, S1-4 is without a doubt the worst of any of the supers by FAR. It was a horrible attempt at putting together 4 totally seperate excellent scenarios that had no real attachement to each other than the fact that they were all located in Greyhawk, listed in the S series and not much else. It was just a mess. :roll:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:21 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:I'm not sure if this one applies or not. I always thought S1-4 was bound similar to I3-5 or T1-4...am I wrong?

Actually, for some reason S1-4 is loose from the cover like it appears in the picture, and it was not attached at the spine like the other supermodules are. IMHO regardless, S1-4 is without a doubt the worst of any of the supers by FAR. It was a horrible attempt at putting together 4 totally seperate excellent scenarios that had no real attachement to each other than the fact that they were all located in Greyhawk, listed in the S series and not much else. It was just a mess. :roll:

Not to mention the modules are incomplete, missing levels and such from the originals (S3 is almost like an abridged edition it's so chopped up).

Mike B.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:58 pm 

I've actually looked into this, now that I have all five (1,2,3,4 + 1-4 :-)

S3 has lost a couple of levels of description

S4 has lost the UA and MM2 stuff

Otherwise the text has been worked upon, with boxes added to read-aloud

All the player illustrations are present

It's not actually that bad, it just feels bad.

I've a fuller list if someone wants it (like the Acaeum site)

BJS

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:50 pm 

i've got 3 S1-4's - got carried away wanting one and ended up with three :D

S3 is one of my fave mods....i just think the idea is great, but in S1-4, it just doesnt "feel right" - thats the best way i can explain it.

mind you, talking of super-mods, T1-4 AND A1-4, i find them all more cumbersome than the originals.

DM'ing them, i feel, puts more pressure on you cos there just seems to be more to take in when you look at a thicker book. kinda an "all in the mind" thing i guess.

i have at least one of all of them, and still much prefer the seperated modules.

Al

ps. hi bruce by the way :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:37 pm 

Look at the description:

queen of the spiders in very good shape map book is included no markings cover wear

Yeah until you put it in the snot stew your wife spilled on the counter.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:44 pm 

Check out the title on this auction:

I wonder if the PHB is 3rd division :wink:

Its like math for D&D  :lol:

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:59 pm 

And don't forget to read the fine print, wherein the buyer gets the privilege of getting shafted for PayPal's seller fees. Actually, it's "pay pall" according to this genius.

This guy, to quote our UK friends, is a total muppet.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:26 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:And don't forget to read the fine print, wherein the buyer gets the privilege of getting shafted for PayPal's seller fees. Actually, it's "pay pall" according to this genius.

This guy, to quote our UK friends, is a total muppet.

Another thing that is really odd:

SORRY I CAN'T SHIP TO CANADA!!!

But he ships otherwise worldwide  :?  I wonder does he have a drug conviction(Bob Probert) ?  Or doesn't he realize the South Park movie was a fictional cartoon(maybe he is a big Baldwin fan)  :wink:

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:55 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I wonder does he have a drug conviction(Bob Probert)?

Well, it's official: it really is a small world. How else can you explain logging onto a D&D collecting site and finding a reference to one of the NHL's all-time goofiest characters? We love you, Probie!

For non-NHL fans (and, yes, I realize that's most everyone), Bob Probert would be, roughly speaking, a 12th-level half-orc barbarian with an 18/99 strength, a 7 intellligence, and matching +5 Fists of Destruction.

We now return to actual D&D collecting ... apologies to everyone south of the Mason-Dixon Line, all our UK friends, and ... uh, everyone else. :oops:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:01 am 

Sorry, a bit off topic I must admit  :oops:

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:05 am 

bclarkie wrote:Sorry, a bit off topic I must admit :oops:

Clarkie, I should have worded that better. You were still on the topic ... I'm the one posting pictures of NHL goons. And now I'm off-topic about being off-topic. :)

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 15 of 113123 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 111112113