Formerly laughable item descriptions
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 14 of 113123 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 111112113
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:39 am 

Traveller wrote:Worse, how are you supposed to pay him?

He doesn't take checks.
He doesn't take paypal because they caught him.
He doesn't take charge cards.
He doesn't take "convenience" store money orders.

That means he only accepts bank checks, and money orders from the post office OR a place that isn't a convenience store. I wonder what he'd do if I sent him a money order from Wal*Mart? Why not just come out and say, "no money orders," because there is no way in hell he can prove that it came from a convenience store? Case in point is the 7-Eleven across the street from me. The money orders they sell happen to be Western Union. That's about as big a name in the money biz as you can get and not be a bank.

Perhaps if he wasn't such an asswipe he'd get better results on his auctions.

*shakes my head*

notice that he DOES offer BIDPAY. when you pay that way, you PAY the charges on TOP of the auction cost, so the seller gets the actual cost of the item. same as paypal in effect, but ebay allows that and not paypal :)

crafty really.

he sounds like a right melanomahead so i wont be going for that item, despite wanting it....oh well.

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:24 am 

I guess I will throw in my comment on the GDQ1-7 auction as well. . . this may be a good one to consider bidding on if you need it. . .

I've gotten some real good deals in the past by buying from sellers who think it is in their best interest to made lengthy and involved rules that the bidders must follow. The harder it is for a person to complete the sale, the less the item goes for. . .

I figure, "yeah, I'll follow your lame rules, get your GDQ for $30.00 and sell it for over twice that. Oh, and thanks for making me $50 profit. Much appreciated."  8)

A couple of other clarifcations:  Phone numbers are asked for (but NOT required) when filling out the large customs form (only required for packages over 4lbs - and for FPO addresses).

The key difference with Postal Money orders is that you can cash them at the Post Office - I guess there are still some people who don't have a bank account of their own?

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:49 am 

beyondthebreach wrote:
The key difference with Postal Money orders is that you can cash them at the Post Office - I guess there are still some people who don't have a bank account of their own?

if the person sending the postal order crosses it, you cant cash it at the post office, you HAVE to bank it. really annoys me when ppl do that :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:05 pm 

This one amused me, since it was quite subtle...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5955671299

"...(6.) AD&D Fiend Folio - Tome of Creatures Malevolent and Benign (1981) and (6a.) (A 1979 copy)..."

By elimination, the latter is the blue book, but it took a query to the seller to ascertain that it was a photocopy;
the first page of which was Don Turnbull's dated intro... :D

*g*. A proof (or working) copy would've been rarer than a genuine "collector" on the Valuation Board, here! :wink:

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:30 pm 

harami2000 wrote:*g*. A proof (or working) copy would've been rarer than a genuine "collector" on the Valuation Board, here! :wink:

Hm, David. Let me get a picture of your sense of irony by defining the term "genuine collector". I'd be interested in reading that.

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:36 pm 

Ralf Toth wrote:
harami2000 wrote:*g*. A proof (or working) copy would've been rarer than a genuine "collector" on the Valuation Board, here! :wink:

Hm, David. Let me get a picture of your sense of irony by defining the term "genuine collector". I'd be interested in reading that.

*chuckles*. Actually, I was thinking of you and grinning when I wrote that! :D

(Is just a friendly jab at Scott for that "By having representatives from both camps" comment in the locked thread...)

p.s. You moved my quotation marks ;)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:46 pm 

Thanks for the clarification, David. I'm sure we appreciate it. I see more genuine collectors than resellers on the valuation board.

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:52 pm 

There might even be some who are both.

Which camp do you sit in? Or, indeed, how camp are you?

1. Heterocollectoral?
2. Homocollectoral?
3. Bicollectoral?

:D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:19 pm 

I am multicollectoral. I'll take it any way I can get it.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:53 pm 

Never mind the small print...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5166989331

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:33 pm 

Holy shit, I think I need a bigger screen!!!!  What size was that font anyway?

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:02 pm 

Traveller wrote:Holy shit, I think I need a bigger screen!!!! What size was that font anyway?

Holy CRAPOLA!!!
The font for the sellers info is bigger than the picture of the item..... 8O
:roll: And WAY TOO BUSY Too!!! :roll:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:25 am 

harami2000 wrote:Never mind the small print...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5166989331

I elect this one as the worst auction of all time.  Remember it needs no game board!!!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:10 am 

Here is the new rare:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 4&rd=1

Red Basic rulebook without the box, brand new and in never opened shrinkwrap 8O  :lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:23 am 

bclarkie wrote:Here is the new rare:

Red Basic rulebook without the box, brand new and in never opened shrinkwrap 8O :lol:

Sorry dude, not as funny as you thought (but still funny cuz it's not all that rare).
From the Acaeum listing:
In all printings up to and including the Thirteenth, the Basic Set rulebooks were also sold separately from the Sets, and have the same artwork as their respective Box Sets (though rulebook prints First through Seventh were monochrome blue; Eighth+ had color covers, and came shrinkwrapped).

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:27 am 

deimos3428 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Here is the new rare:

Red Basic rulebook without the box, brand new and in never opened shrinkwrap 8O :lol:

Sorry dude, not as funny as you thought (but still funny cuz it's not all that rare).
From the Acaeum listing:
In all printings up to and including the Thirteenth, the Basic Set rulebooks were also sold separately from the Sets, and have the same artwork as their respective Box Sets (though rulebook prints First through Seventh were monochrome blue; Eighth+ had color covers, and came shrinkwrapped).

Oops, my bad. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Guess you learn something new everyday.  :D

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:31 pm 

This book is still in good shape for it's age with nothing loose or torn

cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... 3&rd=1
At least the price is right...

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:56 pm 

My god, at least it's not torn. :roll:

I think I've mentioned before that my copy of Eldritch Wizardry is in pretty bad shape, and in more than one way is in worse shape than that.  It wasn't my fault though, as I got my copy of Eldritch from a person who never took good care of his books and (truth) lived in a home that was falling down around him.  In time I'll upgrade and relegate the other copy to use with Rules Cyclopedia D&D, as Elrdritch has the Artifacts that the Rules Cyclopedia omits.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 14 of 113123 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 111112113