Formerly laughable item descriptions
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 13 of 113123 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 111112113
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:23 pm 

This one isn't so funny as it puzzling :? What is it about this module that makes it so rare and "you had to be there". I mean I was never "there" Yet I have owned at least 4 copies of this at one time, two of which were in plastic(I still own 1, sold the other 3). Am I just being dumb, or I am missing something here?

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 4&rd=1

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:35 pm 

You're not missing anything, that's for sure.  I have one myself, though it was opened.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:52 pm 

check this idoit out

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

He steals the picture from my auction which you can clearly see the part where the covers fucked up from the price sticker and rates his 9 out or 10

I don't care if he steals the picture but he should have found a better one.

this my auction the pic he borrowed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MESO:IT

if your going to borrow a pic get a good one!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:19 am 

draco76 wrote:check this idoit out

Plus, you've got to love the "Hey, Mr. Buyer — YOU get to pay all of my PayPal fees!" attitude. Wow, where do I get in line to bid? :roll:

Oh, and be sure to look at the question from the potential buyer. How many of us have seen that exact wording before? Titanium Power-seller, my ass ...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:03 am 

i thought you couldnt offload the paypal fees to the buyer? i was under the impression that ebay stopped that last year? hmmm

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:22 am 

draco76 wrote:.....if your going to borrow a pic get a good one!

Borrow? Hell, he stole it and everyone here now knows he did. I will be placing him on my no-bid lists. Lets call a thief a thief....

No one with any sense of fair play and a decent level of business acumen would STEAL a picture that shows damaged goods and then pass off his listing as being for undamaged goods.

What an asshole.............. and  a complete idiot as well! If he steals pictures (And worse, bad ones), then what is stopping him from ripping off buyers??

Nothing....

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:31 am 

lol stealing a picture isn't a big deal, its just the fact that he has it like its the one he is selling.  He claims his is like 9/10 the one shown have cover damage in the pic, its really gonna cost him money in the end.  

It makes the other one I have listed look much nicer hehe

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:01 pm 

I asked the guy about the book. I said it looks like theres a mark where he took a sticker off it. He said that the picture wasn't actually of the book he was selling, that his was near mint, and that he'd nicket the picture off of another auction.

I also asked him about PayPal fees. He said if I was dumb enough to buy stuff on eBay with my credit card, I should be screwed anyways.

What an asshole!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:36 pm 

You might want to shoot him this link: Payment surcharges policy

Seems it has a little language in it that states, rather succinctly that thou shalt not pass along ty paypal charges to thy customer.  Specifically, it mentions that you cannot pass along the fees for electronic transfers to the customer, as it violates laws in several states, as well as the state of California, which happens to be where Ebay is based.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:42 pm 

Question to the seller:

Please look at pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-su ... arges.html.  On that page it states "Sellers may not charge eBay buyers an additional fee for their use of ordinary forms of payment, including acceptance of checks, money orders, >>electronic transfers<< or credit cards."

(Emphasis is mine)

Do you still believe that you're not in violation of the Ebay TOS given the information presented above?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:07 pm 

All thieves must be punished. Even stealing a picture is wrong, especially when you are an asshole about it.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:44 pm 

Traveller wrote:You might want to shoot him this link: Payment surcharges policy

Seems it has a little language in it that states, rather succinctly that thou shalt not pass along ty paypal charges to thy customer.

Good catch; I thought I knew most of eBay's ins-and-outs, but I didn't know that rule.

However, just to play devil's advocate, isn't it still okay to charge whatever you want as a "handling fee?" Or, to put it another way, isn't the mistake this clown is making is that he's SPECIFICALLY calling it PayPal charges in his listings? Don't get me wrong — I am NOT on this guy's side. I'm just wondering ...

These "handling charges" seem to have become more and more of an issue over the past couple of years. I wonder if the day is coming when eBay takes an official stance on them (i.e., allowing them, limiting them, disallowing them, or whatever).

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:49 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:All thieves must be punished. Even stealing a picture is wrong, especially when you are an asshole about it.

Amen to that. I really don't understand some of the "live and let live" responses to this subject.

It's stealing. It specifically violates the eBay user agreement. It shows great laziness. None of these are good things ...

Personally, I take GREAT pleasure in reporting every violator I come across. :evil:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:33 pm 

Looks to me like he's already lined up for a beating.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:20 pm 

The ass changed the auction picture, and rescinded the paypal fee, though in his reply, he claims that he's permitted to do so from a discussion with an Ebay representative.  Of course he complained that I must be poor if I had nothing better to do than complain about the paypal fee.  Boy, I guess he doesn't know how poor I am after finally getting a copy of Blackmoor at a decent price and topping the cougar in the process (as if that was difficult in this instance).

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:24 pm 

Traveller wrote:The ass changed the auction picture, and rescinded the paypal fee, though in his reply, he claims that he's permitted to do so from a discussion with an Ebay representative. Of course he complained that I must be poor if I had nothing better to do than complain about the paypal fee. Boy, I guess he doesn't know how poor I am after finally getting a copy of Blackmoor at a decent price and topping the cougar in the process (as if that was difficult in this instance).

Looks like this jack ass got booted from his GDQ1-7 auction, but he's back now and he's acting like an even bigger ass hole.

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 0&rd=1

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:52 pm 

I really want to buy items from this chap - he seems to go out of his way to make the potential customers life easier!   8O
(Methinks possibly use any profit from the module for anger management classes)(or reverse the sense of humour bypass operation)[/quote]

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:58 pm 

Since when is a phone number required by customs?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 13 of 113123 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 111112113