Formerly laughable item descriptions
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 109 of 113123 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110111112113
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:08 am 

** expired/removed eBay auction **

The title alone made me laugh.

"We were put on this Earth to fart around."
                            - Kurt Vonnegut

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:32 am 

ravenloaf!? sounds.. delicious

"Somehow, in hell I knew there would be mushrooms"

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:27 pm 

Does one have to battle the evil Count Bake-ula?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:38 pm 

so that's all there is to 1st Edition?  man, i completed my collection years ago  :roll:

-dave

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:23 pm 

:)  ...the whole thing  ....the whole shebang .... the whole freekin kit and caboodle!        I .... I ... I'm so excited. Gotta bid for this! I'll be a real Collector then!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:28 pm 

Here's one for all you grumps who hate 3rd edition D&D
Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition | eBay
:D

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:36 am 

The lost TSR setting:

cgi.ebay.co.uk/AD-D-2nd-ed-Runescape-Ca ... dZViewItem

:lol:  :lol:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:15 am 

Gus Landt wrote:Here's one for all you grumps who hate 3rd edition D&D

:D

At least they're in good shape!  :lol:

"We were put on this Earth to fart around."
                            - Kurt Vonnegut

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:27 am 

"the Ban module "The Throne of Bloodstone" this book was pulled from publication because of the parallel's between the adventure itself and that of our own Satan and Hell. If you have never heard of this module its as if you were playing in Dante's Inferno, Character levels minimum 100 (and you better bring some friends with lots of magic items)"

"AD&D Forgotten Realms The Throne of Bloodstone and The Destruction of Orcus the Satanic Prince of Darkness 1985 TSR Banned Publication"

:roll:

Never heard that one before...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:13 am 

mmm the demiplane of bread it is then

"Somehow, in hell I knew there would be mushrooms"

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:37 pm 

zhowar wrote:

"the Ban module "The Throne of Bloodstone" this book was pulled from publication because of the parallel's between the adventure itself and that of our own Satan and Hell. If you have never heard of this module its as if you were playing in Dante's Inferno, Character levels minimum 100 (and you better bring some friends with lots of magic items)"

"AD&D Forgotten Realms The Throne of Bloodstone and The Destruction of Orcus the Satanic Prince of Darkness 1985 TSR Banned Publication"

I love the sub-heading of the auction, though.   :D

Let mirth prevail!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:54 pm 

I'd love to know what this guy's angle is...  He's clearly made up the second half of the "title", but why?  Is he trying to make the module (which from the picture is in really bad condition) sound sexy?  Does he really believe it was "ban[ned]" (and by whom)?  Is he a religious nutcase who doesn't really know what he's got, or a gamer with brain damage who is trying to make more money off his old collection than it's worth?  Boggles the mind...:)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:59 pm 

zhowar wrote:

This may in fact be one of the most factually incorrect auction descriptions that I have ever read in my entire life.  Reading through the description you get such gems as :

• "three books that are original college publications by Gary Gygax, the very original Dungeons and Dragons books (a mint set of three)

Mint Set? It looks like someone may have in fact run them through a washing machine to try and get the name penned on the front covers off.

• "If you have never heard of this module its as if you were playing in Dante's Inferno, Character levels minimum 100"

In regards to H4, its actually for Character levels 18-100 not a minimum character level 100.

• "If you do not own your own "Role-Playing" store you might after winning this auction"

I should open up a Role-Palying shop because I just bought a garbage lot of someone's used and abused stuff on Ebay? Yeah, thats it.

• "First Editions copyright 1974 Gygax original College publications"

Gygax was in College in 1974?  Someone might want to tell him that.  :?

• "AD&D Forgotten Realms The Throne of Bloodstone and The Destruction of Orcus the Satanic Prince of Darkness 1985 TSR Banned Publication"

Banned??? When was this banned? Are we just making sh*t up now and including this in our auction descriptions now?

• "D&D Tegel Manor Judges Guild (For the Judgment of super villains)"

For the Judgement of Super Villlans?? I guess we are just making sh*t up and putting it our auction descriptions.  :roll:

All that and the fact he is including pieces of box sets and then counting them as total items along with the obvious overgrading of all the items really makes me want to put down $500 for that lot....

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Last edited by bclarkie on Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:12 pm 

Why doesn't someone with an active eBay account (mine is still "open" pending final closure sometime next month) ask him some questions, just to see what the responses are like?  It'd be entertaining, I'm sure.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:19 pm 

"the Ban module "The Throne of Bloodstone" this book was pulled from publication because of the parallel's between the adventure itself and that of our own Satan and Hell.

Hey!  Speak for yourself!  He may be your "own" Satan and Hell, but I have a special, super-powerful Satan and a particularly deep and nasty Hell that would mare "your" Hell look weak and pitiful in comparison.  

And, besides, that's Orcus on the cover of H4 and he'll be none too pleased to hear you comparing him to a Devil.  I wouldn't be surprised if he sent some minions to carry you off to the depths of the Abyss for that commnet.  Don't worry, he'll probably turn you into a Zombie . . . or something.  :twisted:

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:27 pm 

Would anyone really want to bother? Looks like he just created the new ebay account just to try and off load that worn out rubbish.

The new "in thing" is to protent they are thick/clueless too....as a get out clause when they offload their shite on others.
OOOh! Sorry i did not know it was all just worth £25....because im dense me!

Not to mention Gary Gygax was nearly 40 years old and supposedly still in college?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:45 pm 

ATOM wrote:Would anyone really want to bother? Looks like he just created the new ebay account just to try and off load that worn out rubbish.

The new "in thing" is to protent they are thick/clueless too....as a get out clause when they offload their shite on others.
OOOh! Sorry i did not know it was all just worth £25....because im dense me!

Not to mention Gary Gygax was nearly 40 years old and supposedly still in college?

I guess you're right.  I couldn't resist, though, and sent him an e-mail (not through eBay, he put his address in the description), just for s&*ts and giggles.  I really don't think this one is pretending to be thick; more likely he's both stupid and dishonest.  Whatever.  I'm a bit bored today :).  I'll let you know if he replies with anything interesting.

BTW, Gygax was 36 is 1974.  Reason I mention it is because I am currently 36 (at least for another 2 months), and that is NOT nearly 40 (can't you almost hear the denial in my post? :).

Last edited by Radovarl on Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:45 pm 

Beyondthebreach wrote:And, besides, that's Orcus on the cover of H4 and he'll be none too pleased to hear you comparing him to a Devil.

I had always assumed that was Orcus on the cover, but the piece of art on the cover is called "Orcus' Doorman" so I have to assume that its not Orcus.

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
--H.L. Mencken

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 109 of 113123 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110111112113