Formerly laughable item descriptions
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 106 of 113123 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107 ... 111112113
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:02 am 

Winterwords wrote:OK, that is really weird.. time to up my medication maybe. ;)

Can you pick what deity & alignment the ordained minister who blesses the dice is?

:D

ROFL!! :lol:  :lol:  :!:

Second time in 24 hours--first was last night, seeing Coach Pat Summitt (Tennessee women's b-ball coach) leading cheers, dressed as a Tennessee cheerleader, and singing "Rocky Top"!! Still can't help but smile--Ok, grin like an idiot!--every time I think of it!! :lol:  :lol:  :)  :)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:46 am 

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Slurpee drinking buddies???  I drank quite a few things playing D&D over the years....I dont remember ever drinking a Slurpee though.  :)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:02 am 

cgi.ebay.com/ADVANCED-DUNGEONS-DRAGONS- ... dZViewItem

I don't know, this one made no sense to me.   :?:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:16 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:

Slurpee drinking buddies???  I drank quite a few things playing D&D over the years....I dont remember ever drinking a Slurpee though.  :)

Crap . .  wonder if that "Crazy Sci-Fi role play" Cosmic Encounter set really is "all PERFECT".

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:42 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:

Dang it.  I was lurking this auction back when it was still in cheap-shot range.

Anyone here who wins it might think about selling me the Thieves Guild second edition box.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:13 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:Crap . .  wonder if that "Crazy Sci-Fi role play" Cosmic Encounter set really is "all PERFECT".

The alien cards appear to be uncut, which is pretty rare. I don't see all of the little markers (should be four colored sets), but maybe they just weren't photographed.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:44 pm 

interesting advertising tactic on this one... 8O

-dave

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:24 pm 

Don't know if this should go under "Shady Dealers" or not:

cgi.ebay.co.uk/D-D-AD-D-Silver-Annivers ... dZViewItem

A silver box, listed as new with a shrinkwrapped picture - but the (very) small print mentions that the picture is a stock picture, it's been opened and it's missing L3 and some art.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:31 pm 

huw wrote:Don't know if this should go under "Shady Dealers" or not:

Hoping your buyers don't see the really, really small print is the very definition of "shady." As is any use of a stock photo when the seller's own item clearly differs in condition.

You posted this one in the correct thread, for sure.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:23 pm 

No doubt on that one.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:23 pm 

huw wrote:Don't know if this should go under "Shady Dealers" or not:

cgi.ebay.co.uk/D-D-AD-D-Silver-Annivers ... dZViewItem

A silver box, listed as new with a shrinkwrapped picture - but the (very) small print mentions that the picture is a stock picture, it's been opened and it's missing L3 and some art.

POSTAGE £12??!!!!  8O  8O  8O  8O  WTF is he DOING??!!! shipping it with a house-brick??!! holy feck!!

last one i shipped of them was about £5.50 or so and was very protected!

shady thats for sure. what a sap!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:15 pm 

Hoping your buyers don't see the really, really small print is the very definition of "shady." As is any use of a stock photo when the seller's own item clearly differs in condition.

You posted this one in the correct thread, for sure.

I don't think any seller of any product goes out of his or her way to stress, emphasize, or call undue attention to characteristics of an item that some may find unattractive. Case and point, virtually 100% of the items you purchase have "fine print". Nor do they seek to perfectly educate the buyer about every item they are about to purchase.

With that in mind I don't think it's reasonable to hold this seller to some higher standard. The seller correctly notes the missing elements, and frankly you'd have to be pretty stupid, ignorant, or both not to notice it [apparently everyone on this forum was aware of it under their own power]. After all, he's got in big capital letters things that are there.. and anyone who is remotely interested in these things will be sure to want to see L3 listed.. so the absence is pretty glaring.

So yes, sellers will take advantage of ignorant buyers.. just as buyers will take full advantage of ignorant sellers.. but that's human nature, and of which everyone here is "guilty" to some degree or another.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:48 pm 

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:

I don't think any seller of any product goes out of his or her way to stress, emphasize, or call undue attention to characteristics of an item that some may find unattractive. Case and point, virtually 100% of the items you purchase have "fine print". Nor do they seek to perfectly educate the buyer about every item they are about to purchase.

With that in mind I don't think it's reasonable to hold this seller to some higher standard. The seller correctly notes the missing elements, and frankly you'd have to be pretty stupid, ignorant, or both not to notice it [apparently everyone on this forum was aware of it under their own power]. After all, he's got in big capital letters things that are there.. and anyone who is remotely interested in these things will be sure to want to see L3 listed.. so the absence is pretty glaring.

So yes, sellers will take advantage of ignorant buyers.. just as buyers will take full advantage of ignorant sellers.. but that's human nature, and of which everyone here is "guilty" to some degree or another.

i guess you changed your mind in the last 5 days then:

Interesting Items Formerly on eBay

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:
gyg wrote:

Silver box - but in a teeny-tiny itsy-bitsy note -  no L3 etc

You would think "opened, but never used" would exclude a state in which important components were missing.

further proof that you continuously just talk out of your ass.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:59 pm 

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:
I don't think any seller of any product goes out of his or her way to stress, emphasize, or call undue attention to characteristics of an item that some may find unattractive.

1.  If the seller did not mention the missing items or that the picture is not the one for sale, they would be completely at fault if the buyer complained after receiving the item.

2.  With that in mind, although listed, the seller has gone out of their way to try and hide the fact that things are missing.  Using a 6 point font to note the missing items and a 20 point colour font for everything else.  That's is a deliberate attempt to hide the information and is shady.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:05 pm 

thehiddenone wrote:further proof that you

Haven't I seen this movie somewhere before?

Long ago, a friend of mine showed me the first 15 minutes of two different Anglo martial-arts movies.  They were written and produced by the same guy.  The movies featured different actors and were filmed in different years, but the two movies had the same script.  We listened to the same dialogue and saw the same type of props.  The end result was the same result:  a shitty movie.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:13 pm 

That reminds me...I have not seen bclarkie posting for about a week or so.
Does anybody know if he is ok?

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:06 pm 

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:Case and point, virtually 100% of the items you purchase have "fine print". Nor do they seek to perfectly educate the buyer about every item they are about to purchase.

The seller went out of his way to switch fonts and point sizes to de-emphasize the shaky parts of his listing. He used a stock photo that does not represent the item he has for sale (a violation of eBay policy, BTW). As this particular item loses much of its value if the L3 is not included, it seems clear to just about everyone here — but not you, of course; never you — that this is shady behavior.

thehiddenone wrote:further proof that you continuously just talk out of your ass.

Good call on that one. It's also further proof that StS is here strictly just to disagree with whatever is posted here, no matter the circumstances. If that includes contradicting himself ... well, trolls recover pretty easily from that type of damage.

Serious question: does this bulletin-board software include an "ignore user" function? I'm pretty sure it does. If so, I cast a strong vote that it be implemented as soon as possible. I've had my limit of this troll-ish bullshit.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:37 pm 

jasonw1239 wrote:That reminds me...I have not seen bclarkie posting for about a week or so.
Does anybody know if he is ok?

He has posted some over on Dragonsfoot this weekend so I am sure he is fine.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 106 of 113123 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107 ... 111112113