Formerly laughable item descriptions
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 104 of 113123 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 111112113
Author

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:37 am 

improvstone wrote:Sorry not D&D related but I had to post this one ....

cgi.ebay.com.au/Chihuahua-Stud-Dog-Prof ... dZViewItem

Now you too can pimp your dog on ebrothel  8O  8O  8O

Please take some time and read the questions and answers.  :lol:

Alas! Your link does not work. I fear Ebay may have removed it!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:01 pm 

** expired/removed eBay auction **

This really doesn't qualify under "Laughable Item", more like "Clueless Seller", but this thread is still the most fitting because the sheer stupidity of it made me laugh.  Maybe we should create a "Clueless Seller" thread for these types of circumstances. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:39 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

This really doesn't qualify under "Laughable Item", more like "Clueless Seller", but this thread is still the most fitting because the sheer stupidity of it made me laugh.  Maybe we should create a "Clueless Seller" thread for these types of circumstances. :)

Man, there are so many problems there...got the author wrong, and the date dead wrong...plus the picture of the Dungeon Geomorphs, if they are with the set and complete they are worth about 20 of those box sets!  How funny.

MikeB.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:18 am 

Badmike wrote:Man, there are so many problems there...got the author wrong, and the date dead wrong...plus the picture of the Dungeon Geomorphs, if they are with the set and complete they are worth about 20 of those box sets!  How funny.

A clarification from the seller reads as follows:

"The Geomorps are complete & uncut. There are also 2 clear plastic overlay sheets that I did not scan & forgot the mention in the posting. They appear to be for measuring distance but I am not sure. These are my sons games."

Important Edit:  The seller has re-mailed me and said

"This regarding city state invincible over lord. Please review the new information on this item. there were so many pieces to this game and I was confused as how to count the geomorphs . i have posted the correct info."

And the correct info from the auction is now

My apologizes. I am really confused about the Geomorphs. I went throught them again and far as I can tell there are three sets. Set 1 is complete, set 2 is complete but 1 sheet has pencil marks, set 3 is missing 2 of the card stock sheets. None of them are cut.

And now my post is illegible due to italics and boldface and edits.  :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:30 pm 

Here is another one of those Super Duper Ultra Rare Gateway to Adventure Catalogs:

I really love this line:

This is in NEW condition and never used.  I never had the chance to use these

he has never had the chance to use it???? Use it for what? A drink coaster. :roll:

And yet this line might even be the best ever on Ebay. Jonb would be proud of this line:

will not find this anywhere, that I can tell you for sure

Whatever. :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:18 pm 

I like "That means some RARE and Incredible finds at great pricing."

Thanks for sharing the link bclarkie, I mean, you could've just bid on it yourself. Now the whole Acaeum crowd will compete furiously on this RARE and incredible find!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:57 pm 

This is the third time he's tried to sell that catalog...

Perhaps it's so rare that nobody wants to bid on it because they don't know what it is?

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
--H.L. Mencken

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:26 am 

Here's a copy of the very rare Ravenloft boxed set Bleak Spouse:

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
--H.L. Mencken

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:28 am 

NetRodent wrote:Here's a copy of the very rare Ravenloft boxed set Bleak Spouse:

An adventure about my marriage!!!!!!!!! 8O

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:39 am 

NetRodent wrote:Here's a copy of the very rare Ravenloft boxed set Bleak Spouse:

Wasn't that a series followed by Bleak Widow and Return of the Bleak Husband ...

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:17 am 

Along the lines of the TSR boardgame 'Glixir' that was mentioned here a while ago - do people just not think? (Argh!!)

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:45 am 

Heh.  Actually, I might keep an eye on that.  Bleak House was one of the boxed sets that I lost in a flood at my last house.  Lost me a few choice items, that flood did.  On the other hand, it also got rid of Elminster's Ecologies, which I'm still not sure why I bought in the first place.  So maybe not all bad... ;)

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:49 pm 

The original, 1985 Gold Dragon Cover,  D&D Basic Game Master Players & Dungeon Masters Rulebook for players age 12 & up. Excellent condition! A collectors DREAM! Bidding starts @ $50.00 US. Need I say anymore???

You are "TEH SUCK".

Need I say anymore?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:20 pm 

"Sorry I can't find a picture of the combat medic."  So instead I'll use a picture of a woman dressed like demon in lingerie.

--H.L. Mencken

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:25 pm 

Kamelion wrote:Heh.  Actually, I might keep an eye on that.  Bleak House was one of the boxed sets that I lost in a flood at my last house.  Lost me a few choice items, that flood did.  On the other hand, it also got rid of Elminster's Ecologies, which I'm still not sure why I bought in the first place.  So maybe not all bad... ;)

Oh well - that got too pricey too quickly  (seller quoted $26.00 shipping for surface mail, so a bit of a no-brainer there, lol).  A guy from my gaming group went for it (reinbo), but he got sniped right at the end, heh heh.  No spouse this time around :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:20 pm 

NetRodent wrote:"Sorry I can't find a picture of the combat medic."  So instead I'll use a picture of a woman dressed like demon in lingerie.

That Japanese woman seems to find lignerie quite boring...she looks bored and pissed off.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:45 pm 

"Captain, my sarcasm detector has gone off the scale!" --Mr. Spock. :lol:  :lol:  :D  :!:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:51 am 

For $4500 you could at least spell dungeons right.  Even if you are from the French part of Canada.

cgi.ebay.com/Dongeons-Dragons-DnD-Card- ... dZViewItem

"... and may I remind you that this ain't the end. I can still kick some ass." - Tom Petty

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 104 of 113123 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 111112113