Formerly laughable item descriptions
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 103 of 113123 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104 ... 111112113
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:11 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Dumbass alert!

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Not only is this rare but we won't find another one anywhere.  Apparently he has a vast collection of supre rare items like this basic rulebook:

Supre...is that Italian?  :?

Yea, I saw those last night.  I think that guy must me partially retarded or something.  Also, note that he has B2 listed as a Second Edition adventure.  :roll:

Oh yeah and don't forget to mention this rare piece:

Back to The Future RARE | eBay

:roll:  :roll:  :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:56 am 

bclarkie wrote:
Gateways to Art: Books | eBay

8O  8O  8O  8O  8O
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:05 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

Yea, I saw those last night.  I think that guy must me partially retarded or something.  Also, note that he has B2 listed as a Second Edition adventure.  :roll:

Wait!  That isn't rare?  Dang...makes me a fool for paying a dollar for one the other day!   :x

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:04 am 

Those were indeed funny.

Here is the most significant piece of verbal diarrhoea I think I have seen. Get your reading glasses ready....

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:23 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:Here is the most significant piece of verbal diarrhoea I think I have seen. Get your reading glasses ready....

From that auction:

Note: This review actually contains two different d20 Magazine Rack staff reviews presented to help you form an opinion of your own about the product.

I just had my auctions yanked for saying I would take "well-concealed cash" as I have done for years.  But I can plagiarize Wikipedia or d20 Magazine Rack (or, presumably, ENWorld) and get away with it?  Point me to Google and load me up with keywords!   :roll:

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:31 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:I just had my auctions yanked for saying I would take "well-concealed cash" as I have done for years.

This is against Ebay rules?? Which part - accepting cash, or stating that it should be well-concealed?

Edit: just did some searching on Ebay & found this:

"Not permitted on eBay.com: Sellers may not solicit buyers to mail cash. Sellers may not ask buyers to send cash through instant cash transfer services (non-bank, point-to-point cash transfers) such as Western Union or Moneygram."

I've had that in my auction for years & never had one pulled. Time to do some editing...Not too big of a deal, I've only had about 1 auction a year (or less) pay in cash.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:45 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:
I just had my auctions yanked for saying I would take "well-concealed cash" as I have done for years.

Well, I wasn't aware of Ebay's policy change on sellers accepting cash either.   Apparently someone reported you and thats why they took it down.  Ebay doesn't police thier own site, they let others do it for them. :roll:

Aside, I would have never actively offered cash as option though either.  I have actually tried to disuade folks who wanted to send it to me.  I have accpeted it on a very few rare occasions, but just way too many things that can wrong. With no proof of payment for the buyer and seller, it can only lead to porblems. If someone sends cash no one is protected and it would just be one hassle I don't want to have to deal with. Just my $.02. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:18 pm 

HermitFromPluto wrote:Those were indeed funny.

Here is the most significant piece of verbal diarrhoea I think I have seen. Get your reading glasses ready....

Very nice.  I wish everyone put that much information into their listings.

Page counts...at least...would be nice.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:17 pm 

Is WotC really in this much trouble? I mean who in the hell in their right mind is going to buy this steaming pile of horse crap?  Its like they created a bad splat book by branching off a very minor subject that was dealt dealt with in a seperate bad splat book.  :roll:   I am sorry to say, but things have apparently gotten quite dire for the 3.0/3.5 crowd as far as new material goes. This book makes the Player's Options books from 2nd edition look like pure RPG genius. :roll:

Last edited by bclarkie on Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:27 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

Is WotC really in this much trouble? I mean who in the hell in their right mind is going to buy this steaming pile of horse crap?  Its like they created a bad splat book by branching off a very minor subject that was dealt dealt with in seperate bad splat book.  :roll:   I am sorry to say, but things have apparently gotten quite dire for the 3.0/3.5 crowd as far as new material goes. This book makes the Player's Options books from 2nd edition look like pure RPG genius. :roll:

I must admit I don't really know what a splat book is, but for what it's worth that's a hardcover.  Why don't they just make the Complete Non-Archetypal Munchkin and be done with it?

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:41 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:I must admit I don't really know what a splat book is, ..</clip>

Splatbook - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:wink:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:08 pm 

There ya go.  I thought it was a book that went splat when you dropped it.  :oops:

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:03 am 

deimos3428 wrote:There ya go.  I thought it was a book that went splat when you dropped it.  :oops:

The splat is when I defacate on it from three feet up.  Whan an asinine pile of garbage!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:24 am 

Some complain that some splatbooks are unbalancing to the game as additional powers are given to the group focused on in the book to provide players with incentive to purchase the book.

The Complete *  splatbooks

I have never understood the term until now.  Splatbooks were the whole point behind 2nd edition AD&D...they easily the largest bulk of the rules for that edition.

Yes, I think WOTC is milking 3.5 for all it's worth...with character class splatbooks...some of which include ideas that can in fact be used.

I have a couple players who purchase essentially every new hardback that appears...and read every D&D fiction paperback that comes out.

They can be difficult to deal with because they are always bringing up rules that are not part of the game....sometimes good ideas too.

Some 3.5 players remind me of what I thought of as the "second wave" of D&D players that appeared around the year 1980.  These players (typically a bit younger) were obsessed about "the rules."  We slightly older guys called them "twits."  We were used to winging the rules all the time...since there were almost no rules to use before the appearance of the Player's Handbook.

Some 3.5 players still remind me of the old twits.

Mark   8)

Last edited by FormCritic on Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:26 am 

MShipley88 wrote:.

I have a couple players who purchase essentially every new hardback that appears...and read every D&D fiction paperback that comes out.

Oh to have the time.... (and money)

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:29 am 

They are single and work federal government union jobs.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:35 am 

MShipley88 wrote:They are single and work federal government union jobs.

Ah - all becomes clear!

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:58 am 

Sorry not D&D related but I had to post this one ....

cgi.ebay.com.au/Chihuahua-Stud-Dog-Prof ... dZViewItem

Now you too can pimp your dog on ebrothel  8O  8O  8O

Please take some time and read the questions and answers.  :lol:

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 103 of 113123 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104 ... 111112113