Formerly laughable item descriptions
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 101 of 113123 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102 ... 111112113
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:39 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:Mine might as well be shrinked. I'm married, so I have no use for it anymore.

You mean your Monster Manual, right?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:14 pm 

She's in there, under H. Harpy.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:07 am 

Good lord!  8O

** expired/removed eBay auction **

There should be a disclaimer at the beginning of the text: "Reading this auction description may cause headaches, seizures, projectile vomiting, and cerebral hemhorraging.  Proceed with caution."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:06 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Good lord!  8O

There should be a disclaimer at the beginning of the text: "Reading this auction description may cause headaches, seizures, projectile vomiting, and cerebral hemhorraging.  Proceed with caution."

That's a helluva keyword spam...his other D&D entries are just as bad.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:42 am 

Can't we have the text broken down into paragraphs or something? If it's not meant to be read and is just keyword spam ....  :evil:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:37 pm 

I like the first 2 sentences:

jrringler wrote:The world of Dragonlance was the first fictional world to be professionally produced as a role-playing game world, with product tie-ins (novels, role-playing modules, figurines, etc.) prepared and manufactured when it was first released. Before Dragonlance, fictional role-playing worlds evolved from the amateur creations of the games' players (with the most notable example being the Greyhawk campaign setting), or from previously existing fictional settings (I.C.E's MERP) or settings based in the real world.

I guess the original creators were just amatures.  :roll:

That sure is alot of keyword spams. 8O

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:34 pm 

My brain started to hurt by just LOOKING at the text.... 8O

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:40 pm 

It seems to me that this newbie seller has a lot of our old friend jonb in him, so I couldn't help myself and I asked the seller this question last night:

bclarkie wrote:Dear Seller, I was looking around Ebay tonight when I stumbled on to this auction. In your auctions description you indicate that this item is rare. Just how rare is it? Also, what is the value of this item? I am pretty sure that I have several of them and I was wondering if ti would be worth my time to sell them off. Thanks for your time.

And this afternoon I got this repsone:

Partially Retarded Seller wrote:The items are pretty rare since they are out of print. The issues I have are in excellent condition except for maybe one or two at the most. It you want to sell them off, that would be your decision. They are worth something. As far as the value of the item, that depends on what item it is and how much YOU would want to sell it for. I hope this helps some.

So for all of you sellers out there, remember this: If a book is out of print, It absolutely HAS to be rare. :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:28 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
So for all of you sellers out there, remember this: If a book is out of print, It absolutely HAS to be rare. :roll:

Well, the items ARE in shrinkwrap...I suppose you could say they are rare in that condition...

It looks like he joined ebay the day after Christmas...probably got a computer and DSL modem as a present or something....He seems less malicious than probably just slightly clueless.  Remember, guys like this probably haven't worked their way through the mounds of B1s, L1s, and D1-2s guys like us have in our careers of collecting. Hell, these might be the only copies he's ever seen of these...

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:46 pm 

I'm very suspicious when only the top of the shrink has been opened.. so they aren't considered to be in the shrinkwrap.

In a very general sense, these items surely are rare.. but not in the collecting community.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:00 pm 

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:In a very general sense, these items surely are rare.. but not in the collecting community.

Definitely disagree with this statement.  Bclarkie is absolutely right.  Just because an item is out of print it doesn't make it rare.  Given the large number of these modules we see on eBay there is NO WAY these could be considered rare.  This has nothing to do with the community.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:15 pm 

I suppose it depends on your definition of rare :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:39 pm 

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:I suppose it depends on your definition of rare :)

I'm pretty sure any definition or rare includes being somewhat hard to find.  Having 10 copies available on Ebay at all times can't be considered rare in any definition.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:48 pm 

Mars wrote:
I'm pretty sure any definition or rare includes being somewhat hard to find.  Having 10 copies available on Ebay at all times can't be considered rare in any definition.

They're rare if they're shrinked...unfortunately, I missed the lines about the SW tears at the tops and sides of some items...that would send up a little warning flare or two (perhaps it was removed, then replaced).  

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:02 pm 

I think my point got missed.  The seller told me when that the item was rare because it was out of print.  That may be the most asinine statement I have ever heard regardless of what book he might be refering to.  :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:13 pm 

The seller told me when that the item was rare because it was out of print.  That may be the most asinine statement I have ever heard regardless of what book he might be refering to.

Whenever someone needs to say something is rare, it probably ain't. :D

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:21 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I think my point got missed.  The seller told me when that the item was rare because it was out of print.  That may be the most asinine statement I have ever heard regardless of what book he might be refering to.  :?

Didn't miss your point.  It is still valid.  Regardless of the other trolling comments.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:27 pm 

Canine available from TSR!

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 101 of 113123 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102 ... 111112113