Formerly laughable item descriptions
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 98 of 113123 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 111112113
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:17 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
** expired/removed eBay auction **

Sorry but this is definitely in "Crapola" condition.  And the way the auction description is worded I am assuming that the books and ref sheets aren't included.  :?

Looks like it's got leprosy!

Let mirth prevail!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:50 pm 

Hmm, look at the Qustion and Answer portion of this auction.  "Do these books say 1st or 2nd print on them?". Nothing like being uneducated when it comes to these things and then totally grasping at straws. :lol:

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:11 pm 

bombadil wrote:
Looks like it's got leprosy!

Yep...and it looks like the seller made a change to his description.  It now states that the books are definitely not included.

Someone will probably disagree with me on this but IMHO that box belongs in the trash...not on Ebay.  It's not a woodgrain for chrissakes.  :?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:13 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Yep...and it looks like the seller made a change to his description.  It now states that the books are definitely not included.

Someone will probably disagree with me on this but IMHO that box belongs in the trash...not on Ebay.  It's not a woodgrain for chrissakes.  :?

You all obviously don't remember who that is do you?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:24 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

Didn't you out the seller for shilling his own auctions some time back?  I can't keep up with all of these wackos.  :P

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:42 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

Dungeondad joined The Acaeum in August 2005 and the only info in his profile is that he is from Marietta, GA.

Without going through his 39 posts I don't recall right off if there was anything controversial. Perhaps one of the members with an encyclopedic memory can kick in their two cents?

JasonW

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:05 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Didn't you out the seller for shilling his own auctions some time back?  I can't keep up with all of these wackos.  :P

BINGO!  Yep thats him.  he used to sell under the ID of Mike Wyner and changed after his temporary suspention.  He did join up here and post for alittle while, but kind of got the cold shoulder due to his previous actions.  I will say though, its not like I have been tracking all of his auctions or anything, but I have looked periodically and he seems to have learned his lesson and ceased from the shilling BS.  :)   Perhaps it is possible for people to turn over a new leaf.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:37 pm 

This got a little chuckle.

The 'used' could be 'Used!!!'.
8)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:39 pm 

Wow, this is a new level of idiocy from cougar:

MINT FROM A A25TH SILVER ANNIVERSARY BOXED SET THAT IS BEING SPLIT. THIS IS THE YERAS HIOSTORY OF 1975 ~ 1999 PLAOTTING THE GW STARTM, THE TSR HAY DAY AND FALL AND THEN WOTC PICKING UP THE D&D MANTLE VERY INTERESTING ~ THE REST OF THE BOXED SET ALOS ON EBAY NOW BID & RE ASSEMBLE, PARTS OFTEN WORTH MORE THANTHE WHOLE???

(item:  
)

Imagine actually paying to list an item with that description.

Let mirth prevail!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:32 pm 

"The original retail value of these sheets were well over $100."

I really have to wonder how he figured that two (incomplete) sets of monstrous compendium pages had an original value over $100.  

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
--H.L. Mencken

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:00 pm 

bombadil wrote:Wow, this is a new level of idiocy from cougar:

(item:  
)

Imagine actually paying to list an item with that description.

I've always had a personal theory that Cougie is dyslexic.  Would explain a lot of the very simple words having letters re-arranged.

Geez, he's up to 52 mutual withdrawls?

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:58 pm 

Actually, looking at Cougarrinard's feedback for the past month or so, he has sold a whopping 673 items and had one negative and three mutual withdrawls.

1) One of those withdrawls was a guy who did not like the shipping cost and did not pay...and did not respond to the non-paying buyer query.

2) One did not like the shipping charges, then noted that he had realized he was wrong...and specifically noted that he was new to Ebay.

3) Another was a guy who eventually got a refund but had left a negative before contacting the seller.

4) The one negative was from a guy who bought a Paranoia booklet and found missing pages.  He was mad that he did not get a full refund...that is, for the shipping amount.  So, Cougarrinard did give him a refund according to his stated terms.  (We have no idea about the missing pages or if Cougarrinard knew about them.)

These are sandwiched in among hundreds and hundreds of positive feedbacks, including some from Acaeum members.

Given the thousands and thousands of sales he has...and if one did not know about the M-bag accusations...a neutral observer might regard Cougarrinard as an outstanding Ebay seller.

I mean...just to be fair.  

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:04 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:Actually, looking at Cougarrinard's feedback for the past month or so, he has sold a whopping 673 items and had one negative and three mutual withdrawls.

1) One of those withdrawls was a guy who did not like the shipping cost and did not pay...and did not respond to the non-paying buyer query.

NPB feedback withdrawls by Ebay are not Mutual Feedback withdrawl agreements, they are entirely different and are not counted towards a members Mutual withdrawl count.  The 53 mutual feedback withdrawls you see by Coug's feedback are just that, they are mutual agreed feedback withdrawls by the buyer and seller.  The feedback that Ebay removes is not counted in a members feedback at all.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:20 am 

MShipley88 wrote:
Given the thousands and thousands of sales he has...and if one did not know about the M-bag accusations...a neutral observer might regard Cougarrinard as an outstanding Ebay seller.

Until they read one of his descriptions, saw the words spelled incorrectly, and ran for the hills.  
 I'd rather run naked through a room full of hungry pit bulls than spend a buck on a Cougie auction.....

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:14 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:Actually, looking at Cougarrinard's feedback for the past month or so, he has sold a whopping 673 items and had one negative and three mutual withdrawls.

2) One did not like the shipping charges, then noted that he had realized he was wrong...and specifically noted that he was new to Ebay.

3) Another was a guy who eventually got a refund but had left a negative before contacting the seller.

4) The one negative was from a guy who bought a Paranoia booklet and found missing pages.  He was mad that he did not get a full refund...that is, for the shipping amount.  So, Cougarrinard did give him a refund according to his stated terms.  (We have no idea about the missing pages or if Cougarrinard knew about them.)

These are sandwiched in among hundreds and hundreds of positive feedbacks, including some from Acaeum members.

I mean...just to be fair.  

Mark   8)

BTW, check out the latest Cougie victim in the Shady Dealers thread. I think the tactics Cougie uses here are the reason we don't see more negs...Coug uses intimidation, coercion, and just plain vindictive cruelness (leaving a neg for a Neutral, then offering mutual withdraw) to manipulate the feedback to his advantage...

Just to be fair.... :wink:

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:38 am 

I read coug's life story over on the Shady Dealers thread.

Very interesting.

No doubt that coug is a bully.  He bullied me for asking if he was a bully.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:00 am 

Another cougarrinard's artwork.

Gelatinous Cube by coug

8)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:05 am 

le Rahib wrote:Another cougarrinard's artwork.

Gelatinous Cube by coug

8)

What the hell are "bady bits"?  And what kind of treasure or coins is he expecting someone to put under it?  I am assuming that it is about 2" tall so I guess someone could put a nickel or a quarter in it.  But wouldn't that just be stupid?  :?

And he must not be doing very well as a seller if he can't afford to go out and get a better camera.  Must be spending all his money on art supplies for his new venture: Cougarrinard's Homemade D&D Miniatures.

What a douchebag.  :twisted:

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 98 of 113123 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 111112113