Formerly laughable item descriptions
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 96 of 113123 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 111112113
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:01 pm 

Wait a minute, though ... you know what is just plain stupid? Not double-checking your listings before they are posted.

The item title/description (boxed set) doesn't match the photo at all (three loose modules). What a nO0bZoRz. :?

+++++

edit: didn't realize this would post on a new page. I'm referring to the guy BtB mentioned.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:38 pm 

The thing about the old loser tag on role-playing gamers.....

Q:  What do you call a nerd ten years after high school?
A:  You call him, "boss."

You never know who you're talking to.  Try that "parents' basement/got a girlfriend" line on your boss in the tech department.

This dude sells used religious books.  Wow...what...a...winner.  Not that I am knocking selling books, or even religious books.  I just mean...hey...wow...talk about bigtime careers that make role-players look...like SO lame.  How's the weather up there?

If there is anything lame about the fantasy fiction genre it is that it has become so mainstream that there is no mystery to it anymore.  It is no longer "our thing."  

Face it, fantasy won.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:46 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:The thing about the old loser tag on role-playing gamers.....

Q:  What do you call a nerd ten years after high school?
A:  You call him, "boss."

You never know who you're talking to.  Try that "parents' basement/got a girlfriend" line on your boss in the tech department.

This dude sells used religious books.  Wow...what...a...winner.  Not that I am knocking selling books, or even religious books.  I just mean...hey...wow...talk about bigtime careers that make role-players look...like SO lame.  How's the weather up there?

If there is anything lame about the fantasy fiction genre it is that it has become so mainstream that there is no mystery to it anymore.  It is no longer "our thing."  

Face it, fantasy won.

Mark   8)

What shocks me are all the chicks nowadays that like and read fantasy literature.  When I was in high school, there were none...I mean zip, zero, nada.  Hell, it was hard to get any GUYS to admit they read/liked Fantasy or SciFi.  Now it's practically a badge of honor.  Just this week I ran into one of my friend's ex wives, she was reading the new Thomas Covenant book; one of my wife's coworkers, reading one of the many Dragonlance sequels; and one of my daughters friends reading one of the older Sanctuary/Thieves World collections.  I had interesting conversations with all three about their choice in reading material; It's nice to think that if I was 20years younger my choice of literature would be downright acceptable.  Just think, I could actually use fantasy reading material to PICK UP GIRLS: "Hey, I notice you are reading some Eddings there, ever try The Sword of Shannara?"

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:37 pm 

Badmike wrote:"Hey, I notice you are reading some Eddings there, ever try The Sword of Shannara?"

"Hey, baby, wanna see my Moorcock?"

ba-dum-kish!

Thank you; you've been a great audience! I'm here through Thursday. Drive home safely.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:41 am 

How many of you have a TSR Greyhound?

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:05 am 

The witty D&D player bashing in the eBay listing information is turning into a seasonal trend...  :)

JasonW

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:26 pm 

jasonw1239 wrote:The witty D&D player bashing in the eBay listing information is turning into a seasonal trend...  :)

JasonW

I just think it's funny some twathead thought the word "nerdy" is a good thing to include in the listing title for search purposes..yep, that's always one of my main "search" words..... 8O

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:20 pm 

jasonw1239 wrote:

Truly silly... :roll:

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:41 pm 

Badmike wrote:
I just think it's funny some twathead thought the word "nerdy" is a good thing to include in the listing title for search purposes..yep, that's always one of my main "search" words..... 8O

Mike B.

I'm not sure but I think "twathead" beats "nerdy" hands down in the funny category.  Maybe you should consider using it in your auctions from now on.  Just put it in your auction description like this:

Thanks so much to all you loyal twatheads who keep coming back, you've made the last few years great!!!!! Remember to also check out my Ebay store!

No one would notice.  :wink:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:29 pm 

Badmike wrote:

I just think it's funny some twathead thought the word "nerdy" is a good thing to include in the listing title for search purposes..yep, that's always one of my main "search" words.....  

Mike B.

I'm not sure but I think "twathead" beats "nerdy" hands down in the funny category.  Maybe you should consider using it in your auctions from now on.  Just put it in your auction description like this:

Quote:
 Thanks so much to all you loyal twatheads who keep coming back, you've made the last few years great!!!!! Remember to also check out my Ebay store!

No one would notice.  

I guarantee if the guy had used "twathead" in his title he would be getting more hits on his auction!!!!!

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:06 pm 

Hmm, something just doesn't seem quite right here...

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:09 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Hmm, something just doesn't seem quite right here...

Were you referring to the Moldvay rulebook in the Holmes box, or the entirely fabricated description?  :roll:

YIM  

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:12 pm 

OK, I bit and took a look...
Ok, reading beyond the silliness.

DOA item must be returned for testing/verification
Wow, all that bs in the description and then this? Hate to buy electronics from this jokester.

Oh yeah, love the condition:
EXCELLENT/AS NEAR MINT CONDITION AS YOU ARE GOING TO FIND
You know, the box is pretty nice, but not worth the minimum $12.06.
:D

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:36 pm 

Badmike wrote:
Just think, I could actually use fantasy reading material to PICK UP GIRLS: "Hey, I notice you are reading some Eddings there, ever try The Sword of Shannara?"

Mike B.

Actually Mike I met a girl once at the airport reading Lord of the Rings.  It gave me a starting point for a conversation.  She turned out to be a really nice girl who was down from Queensland for a dance interview.  I later went upto Queensland and had a holiday type fling with her.  So it does work.  :wink:

So sometimes it does pay to be a nerd and trendy girls do read sci fi / fantasy.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:18 am 

deimos3428 wrote:Were you referring to the Moldvay rulebook in the Holmes box, or the entirely fabricated description?  :roll:

I was refering to the Moldvay book in the Holmes set. :wink:   I never even bothered to read the description though, which is almost as bad.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:18 am 

I absolutely love the HUGE.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:47 pm 

HUUUUGE! The green font on black background is nice too. I noticed this in the notes below:

FEEDBACK: After you, my kind friend. Transaction not complete until you are happy.

I've been using ebay for years, but i don't know if there is a standard feedback protocol or not  :?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:08 pm 

brute wrote:I've been using ebay for years, but i don't know if there is a standard feedback protocol or not  :?

There is a standard protocol suggested by eBay.  You're meant to leave feedback when you're paid, and when you receive the item.  For various reasons that probably deserve a separate discussion thread, this protocol is not always followed.   :wink:

YIM  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 96 of 113123 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 111112113