Formerly laughable item descriptions
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 96 of 113123 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 111112113
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:50 pm 

grodog wrote:
** expired/removed eBay auction **

I'm surprised that this BH lot sold as high as it did, given the possible rusting due to moisture, and the extensive highlighting....

Could it be due to the minis? I don't know much about them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:22 am 

JohnGaunt wrote:I just asked him "Are these true 25mm scale, or are they 28mm?".  If he posts the Q&A in the auction, then we'll know if he is joking or if he has gone off the rails . . .

Oh god, I think I just broke something internally.

Referring back to Coug's nefarious shipping ploys... exactly what IS an "M-bag"? It sounds like a nasty thing to call someone!

It's US Airmail or Economy mail, dropped in a burlap bag which magically makes it a lot cheaper.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:18 am 

GraysonAC wrote:It's US Airmail or Economy mail, dropped in a burlap bag which magically makes it a lot cheaper.

It also magically disappears if headed for Cougie's lair. He then does a chargeback (PayPal or credit card; both work well), making your wallet magically lighter.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:51 am 

Yes, he saves money that way. Cougie's version of FuckNut's Everfull Purse.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:31 am 

Nothing like insulting your potential customers.

cgi.ebay.com/TSR-Dungeons-Dragons-Boxed ... dZViewItem

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:55 am 

Beyondthebreach wrote:Nothing like insulting your potential customers.

All those bids on that auction are showing that his marketing strategy is working quite well. :roll:   I'd be willing to bet a lot of money that he(and I can almost guarantee that its a he) doesn't get laid much himself.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:30 pm 

gyg wrote:

Words fail me - anyone got any words they feel are relevant here!? :lol:

My god, guys, this is brilliant!  

Can't you see it?  He's laughing his ass off right now at all of these comments.  He wins!

Now that's a hilarious joke, mainly because he know his target so well that he's absolutely certain no one will guess it's a joke.  

Absolutely brilliant.

Let mirth prevail!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:36 pm 

bombadil wrote:
My god, guys, this is brilliant!  

Can't you see it?  He's laughing his ass off right now at all of these comments.  He wins!

Now that's a hilarious joke, mainly because he know his target so well that he's absolutely certain no one will guess it's a joke.  

Absolutely brilliant.

I actually thought that he might be having a joke with us . . . and then I thought:  If he makes an auction like that as a joke on others . . .  but everyone believes that he would actually, seriously do something like that . . . then the real joke is on himself.   8)

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:41 pm 

Beyondthebreach wrote:
. . . then the real joke is on himself.   8)

You're right, of course.  I hadn't thought of that.   :D

Let mirth prevail!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:32 pm 

Beyondthebreach wrote:Nothing like insulting your potential customers.

Am I the only one who laughed? (wow, the irony; a few days ago, I was chastised publicly for needing to "lighten up.")

He strikes me as a non-RPG seller who is just hoping to get a couple of bucks out of a lot he could not care less about. So he tosses in some jokes we've all heard a thousand times ... no biggie. Maybe I'll throw in a bid if the price stays low. :)

+++++

(But, yes, I agree with the first statement: in general, insulting your customers is a questionable strategy)

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:01 pm 

Wait a minute, though ... you know what is just plain stupid? Not double-checking your listings before they are posted.

The item title/description (boxed set) doesn't match the photo at all (three loose modules). What a nO0bZoRz. :?

+++++

edit: didn't realize this would post on a new page. I'm referring to the guy BtB mentioned.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:38 pm 

The thing about the old loser tag on role-playing gamers.....

Q:  What do you call a nerd ten years after high school?
A:  You call him, "boss."

You never know who you're talking to.  Try that "parents' basement/got a girlfriend" line on your boss in the tech department.

This dude sells used religious books.  Wow...what...a...winner.  Not that I am knocking selling books, or even religious books.  I just mean...hey...wow...talk about bigtime careers that make role-players look...like SO lame.  How's the weather up there?

If there is anything lame about the fantasy fiction genre it is that it has become so mainstream that there is no mystery to it anymore.  It is no longer "our thing."  

Face it, fantasy won.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:46 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:The thing about the old loser tag on role-playing gamers.....

Q:  What do you call a nerd ten years after high school?
A:  You call him, "boss."

You never know who you're talking to.  Try that "parents' basement/got a girlfriend" line on your boss in the tech department.

This dude sells used religious books.  Wow...what...a...winner.  Not that I am knocking selling books, or even religious books.  I just mean...hey...wow...talk about bigtime careers that make role-players look...like SO lame.  How's the weather up there?

If there is anything lame about the fantasy fiction genre it is that it has become so mainstream that there is no mystery to it anymore.  It is no longer "our thing."  

Face it, fantasy won.

Mark   8)

What shocks me are all the chicks nowadays that like and read fantasy literature.  When I was in high school, there were none...I mean zip, zero, nada.  Hell, it was hard to get any GUYS to admit they read/liked Fantasy or SciFi.  Now it's practically a badge of honor.  Just this week I ran into one of my friend's ex wives, she was reading the new Thomas Covenant book; one of my wife's coworkers, reading one of the many Dragonlance sequels; and one of my daughters friends reading one of the older Sanctuary/Thieves World collections.  I had interesting conversations with all three about their choice in reading material; It's nice to think that if I was 20years younger my choice of literature would be downright acceptable.  Just think, I could actually use fantasy reading material to PICK UP GIRLS: "Hey, I notice you are reading some Eddings there, ever try The Sword of Shannara?"

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:37 pm 

Badmike wrote:"Hey, I notice you are reading some Eddings there, ever try The Sword of Shannara?"

"Hey, baby, wanna see my Moorcock?"

ba-dum-kish!

Thank you; you've been a great audience! I'm here through Thursday. Drive home safely.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:41 am 

How many of you have a TSR Greyhound?

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:05 am 

The witty D&D player bashing in the eBay listing information is turning into a seasonal trend...  :)

JasonW

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:26 pm 

jasonw1239 wrote:The witty D&D player bashing in the eBay listing information is turning into a seasonal trend...  :)

JasonW

I just think it's funny some twathead thought the word "nerdy" is a good thing to include in the listing title for search purposes..yep, that's always one of my main "search" words..... 8O

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:20 pm 

jasonw1239 wrote:

Truly silly... :roll:

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 96 of 113123 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 111112113