Formerly laughable item descriptions
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 95 of 113123 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 111112113
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:47 pm 

Traveller wrote:This is about as bad as a woman on ebay selling space on her chest for someone to advertise their product.

You say this like it's a bad thing! :lol:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:48 am 

bclarkie wrote:
You part of me gets angry when I see this auction and part of me actually feels really bad.  I mean we rip the hell out of Cougar, and well for damn good reasons, but when I see an auction like this it kind of makes me feel bad for him just the same. :?  

I think part of it is the fact that you really have to be quite pathetic to try and pass off pieces off pay-doh and silly putty for D&D miniatures and when I say pathetic, I don't necessarily mean "evil" pathertic, I mean really kind of "sad" pathetic.  The other part of me that feels bad for him is that you kind of get the impression in his auction description on this one that he really believes what he is saying.  I think he put more effort into that auction description than all 300 of his other auctions combined, which kind of gives me the impression that he was really trying.   Like I am really kind of a sarcastic prick and really I hold nothing back in most circumstances, I will rip on just about anyone and everyone for just about anything.  Of course, thats really just my sense of humor and I mean no  harm by it.  That said, sometimes I see someone who is trying really hard and still can't do anything right and it kind of makes me sad.  I don't know man, that auction has just kind of put me in a weird place when I think about it, thats kind of the place that I am in right now.  Seriously. :?

I wish I could spare the compassion, but let's face it, Cougie has chosen his path and from all accounts seems to enjoy being the  bad guy that "loses" shipments from the US sent by newbie buyers, after harranguing them to ship by untraceable M-Bag.  Every single day he wakes up he can chose to change his life for the better...and every single day he's the same wanker.  
 Sure Cougie is a pathetic waste of space.....but honestly, most loser tards I've known in my life, when you get to know them, turn out to be pretty pathetic. This is why they use their bullying, arrogance, smarminess, blockheadedness, etc to eff up the lives of everyone around them.  Inside they are disappointed in what they have become and when they look in the mirror, they see a piece of crap and don't know how to change.  So they continue trundling along as a piece of crap, smelling up everyone's lives who come in contact with them.
  I know plenty of people who were going down dark paths...drugs, drinking, promiscuity, even criminal activity...and have managed to turn their lives completely around. I've known just as many that now at age 40+ are fat, bloated, unhealthy, addicted, worthless pieces of junk without a friend in the world (deservedly). The chief difference?  You have to want to change, and then you have to actually change.  I see nothing in Cougar's actions that lead me to believe he's on that path.   On the contrary, he seems to be proud of the fact he's an inarticulate, slobbermouthed narcissist.  I learned a long time ago not to spare the time of day for people like that, and instead try to help those who honestly want to better themselves. In Cougie's case, I think he just honestly wants to pass off pieces of playdoh as gaming material, and thinks there is somebody out there stupider than him that might pay a buck for them.  Pathetic, sure, but not worth even the minute amount of introspection we've given this inbred cretin.  Remember that the next time you see him pass off a polyhedron insert as a rare "RPGA" module...

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:49 am 

I've got to admit . . . I was pretty pissed when I read about this.   :x   Just yesterday, my daughter was working on a similar project and I had already begun comtemplating exposing her work to the ebay market.   Now, keep in mind, she is just an amateur (only 2 1/2 years old!) but her work shows definite creative skill.

She calls this piece "Lunch".

Image[url]

Inspired by her work, I began attempting to forge my own creations.  I had been a bit shy, but I feel inspired to share with you the results of my own endeavors:

This piece is called "Two-Armed Roper"

I'm particulary proud of this duo - I don't fancy coming across these scary guys in a Dungeon . . . do you?  

I call that one "Water Weird and Piercer".

But, monsters are not the only sculptures I can make.  This is a selection of arms & armor.  Notably, a crossbow, buckler and Two-Handed Sword (actually, it's a Scottish Claymore similar to the one Mel Gibson wielded in Braveheart . . . but all you medieval enthusiasts could probably tell that right away! )

This one, in particular, gives me chills when I see it:  no further explanation is needed for "Severed Head".

This last one . . . I couldn't remember what, exactly, it was . . . however, on further consideration I believe it to be an unformed lump of colored clay.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:52 am 

bclarkie wrote:Cougar absolutely HAS to be the only person that I know that would actually try to pass off Play-doh as feckin D&D minitures. :roll:  I am totally speechless.....

As an aside, Play-Doh would harden in the air.  Coug's 'minis' are made from some other common modeling clay.

I think he's having some fun with the auction.  I pray that his auction is a joke.  Those wacky Englishmen and their sense of humo(u)r.

I just asked him "Are these true 25mm scale, or are they 28mm?".  If he posts the Q&A in the auction, then we'll know if he is joking or if he has gone off the rails . . .

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:00 am 

Beyondthebreach wrote:Inspired by her work, I began attempting to forge my own creations.  I had been a bit shy, but I feel inspired to share with you the results of my own endeavors.

Dear seller, do you have a BIN in mind for the "two-armed ropper"?
As I live oustide the US, I will ask you permission for bidding for your items. I use paypal and will cover the shipping costs. (M bags?)
Thanks for reading, best regards.
:D
PS : yours are more & more impressive than Couggie's!

That is just crazy.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:22 am 

*applauds Beyondthebreach*

Bravo!!

How about a Beholder?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:35 am 

le Rahib wrote:

Dear seller, do you have a BIN in mind for the "two-armed ropper"?
As I live oustide the US, I will ask you permission for bidding for your items. I use paypal and will cover the shipping costs. (M bags?)
Thanks for reading, best regards.
PS : yours are more & more impressive than Couggie's!

That is just crazy.

You know, it would be REALLY funny if two-armed roper made it up on Ebay and we could bid on it with the results going to the Jeff Perrin fund...just imagine, with only Acaeum members in the know, think of the totally confused average ebay buyer who would see this work of art steadily climb up the charts....and quite a few enterprising souls might think it's a trend and put up their own! Hilarity would ensue.  I GUARANTEE I will put a bid on this when/if it makes it to ebay.  Besides, my creations from 5th and 6th grade that are atop my book cabinet in my office are getting lonely (see below).

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:40 am 

zhowar wrote:*applauds Beyondthebreach*

Bravo!!

How about a Beholder?

I came up with a little something . . .  (WARNING:  Large file!  Don't attempt to open unless you have a high speed connection.)

http://www.beyondthebreach.com/images/beholder.mpg

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:50 am 

Beyondthebreach wrote:I came up with a little something . . .  (WARNING:  Large file!  Don't attempt to open unless you have a high speed connection.)

Hilarious!

I'm having flashbacks to Clay-o-Rama from Dragon Magazine:

Clay-O-Rama | Board Game | BoardGameGeek

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:52 am 

Beyondthebreach wrote:
I came up with a little something . . .  (WARNING:  Large file!  Don't attempt to open unless you have a high speed connection.)

Death awaits You!!!

Jeeezzuuusss Christ!!!

:lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:59 am 

Beyondthebreach wrote:

It looks like Brian de Palma's 'plan-sequences'.
Excellent, Beyondajoke :lol:!

But I hope your wife and children didn't see you acting and making your film.
 8O

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:03 am 

Nice vid.  You forgot the violent content warning tho in your message.  That attack on the camera is vicious!  LOL!

bonk

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:14 pm 

"Are these true 25mm scale, or are they 28mm?"

Coug's reply:

either / both
please bid on them & find out for yourself how truely versitile they are.
thank you for your interest and imitation of my ID

cougarrinard

Two typos, and he didn't put the Q&A on the auction page.  :(

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:25 pm 

Badmike wrote:You know, it would be REALLY funny if two-armed roper made it up on Ebay and we could bid on it with the results going to the Jeff Perrin fund...

I get paid this week, so I'm in for some bids.  :)

If BTB feels sufficiently motivated, he could make many, many of these:

. . . individual minis
. . . prototypes and limited-edition minis
. . . Mint-On-Card (in ziplock bag?)  boxed sets (in an egg carton?)
. . . primed minis, "pro-painted" minis

Enclose a letter of authenticity, a "making of" CD or DVD, and some money could be made (and donated).

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:46 pm 

Busily forwarding Beyondthebreach's claymation masterpiece to Nick Park - talent alert!

Referring back to Coug's nefarious shipping ploys... exactly what IS an "M-bag"?  It sounds like a nasty thing to call someone!

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:03 am 

For those who havent seen it - this is the real deal from Otherworld

'Old School' Miniatures for AD&D

(pic about half way down the page)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:20 am 

lucyjoyce wrote:Busily forwarding Beyondthebreach's claymation masterpiece to Nick Park - talent alert!

Referring back to Coug's nefarious shipping ploys... exactly what IS an "M-bag"?  It sounds like a nasty thing to call someone!

It is those big bags of mail that 'Santa' gets at Christmas time or they show in old western movies on the trains that the bad guys try and rob ('cause one has the payroll in it).

They still exist and are totally untraceable (i.e. - no such thing as delivery confirmation attached to them).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:29 pm 

** expired/removed eBay auction **

I'm surprised that this BH lot sold as high as it did, given the possible rusting due to moisture, and the extensive highlighting....

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 95 of 113123 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 111112113