Formerly laughable item descriptions
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 87 of 113123 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 111112113
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:46 pm 

NetRodent wrote:
3 Dungeon and Dragons Books by the original Creators

Judges Guild was located in Decatur Illinois and story has it that this is where the game was created and later sold to TSR. These are some of the books that were published locally by the creators of the game. I dont know this to be fact but this is what the owner of the place told me sometime in the early 1970s. These books are still of value today in gameplay but more than that they are a part of the history of the game

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Badmike wrote:
Badmike wrote:
Everyone on this board needs to send him a comparable response until he changes his description....

Mike B.

Here's his response...I don't know quite what to say.  I guess I'll just leave it alone, the guy is just remembering wrong I guess....

Check and see if Gary Graduated from Milikin University in Decatur IL One of the guild owners was named Gary he eventually sold the business to another person who relocated to a different area of Decatur. I am going off of memory here and was there the night they closed the store. Took two pick up truck loads of stuff some had never been to market. This was 20 years ago so I going off of memory. I do Know we first played D and D in 1968 or 1969. Thanks for the info

:?  :?  :?  :?  :?  :?  :?  :?

Mike B.

Just when you think that this story can not get any stranger, this guy just posted over on DF. :?

Dragonsfoot • View topic - Question about Origins of D and D

I actually showed Gary the link to this auction a few days ago and we all had a pretty good laugh about it. The sad part is that prior to even mentioning it to Gary, I sent this seller a message directing him right here.   :?  Can this possibly get any wierder? I am getting that  I am in the Twilight Zone feeling. :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:12 pm 

Actually, this guy is just confused about a few details from a conversation 25+ years ago.  He obviously knew Bob Bledsaw and we ought to mine whatever he can remember about the old days of Judges Guild.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:54 am 

MShipley88 wrote:Actually, this guy is just confused about a few details from a conversation 25+ years ago.  He obviously knew Bob Bledsaw and we ought to mine whatever he can remember about the old days of Judges Guild.

Mark   8)

I don't know as you would get anything useful out of him.  Pretty much everything doesn't make sense, it's all a jumble.  He says he was playing D&D in the late 60's, his timeframes seem to be really out of whack.  He's obviously old school though.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:18 pm 

I haven't been through this thread in a while. So this may already be in here somewhere.  I haven't posted anything in a while either but I got a kick out of this while searching for a copy of VR.

[/url]

Do you think I can get a recipe for a nice "ghoul-osh"?

If this is only funny to me.  Sorry :oops:

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:11 pm 

pjflores wrote:I haven't been through this thread in a while. So this may already be in here somewhere.  I haven't posted anything in a while either but I got a kick out of this while searching for a copy of VR.

[/url]

Do you think I can get a recipe for a nice "ghoul-osh"?

If this is only funny to me.  Sorry :oops:

:lol: Thats bad!

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:04 am 

"has marks on cover from storage"

8O

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:19 am 

zhowar wrote:"has marks on cover from storage"

8O

Where the hell did they store it at, the top of a chimney?  8O

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:20 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

Was it...maybe...sitting atop a furnace with another book on top of it?  I don't know what would make those marks besides heat and smoke.

Mark   8)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:59 pm 

This guy is so impressed with the "collection" he is selling, that he is offering a payment plan.

Dude its 10 modules, a few hardcovers,  a pile of Dragon magazines that you would be lucky to get $1 a piece for and the rest is pretty much odds and ends. Payment Plan?  :?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:15 pm 

bclarkie wrote:This guy is so impressed with the "collection" he is selling, that he is offering a payment plan.

Dude its 10 modules, a few hardcovers,  a pile of Dragon magazines that you would be lucky to get $1 a piece for and the rest is pretty much odds and ends. Payment Plan?  :?

Aw, c'mon.  You didn't even mention the best part.  He has a 20-point grading scale, with no grades under 15!  :lol:

YIM  

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:26 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:Aw, c'mon.  You didn't even mention the best part.  He has a 20-point grading scale, with no grades under 15!  :lol:

:D

and this part is funny too ;)

YOU AGREE TO PAY WHICHEVER SHIPPING CHARGES YOU HAVE CHOSEN (I DON'T JACK UP THE SHIPPING COST LIKE SOME EBAYER'S DO) BUT I DO HAVE TO CHARGE A $25 PACKING FEE BECAUSE IT'S GOING TO BE DIFFICULT AND TIME CONSUMING TO PACKAGE ALL THIS STUFF CAREFULLY SO IT IS PROTECTED

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:33 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

I think they used it as edging to stain some trim :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:53 pm 

A $25 packing fee for a job which MIGHT take 1/2 hour, if he takes a coffee break. What a hammerhead.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:40 pm 

Good lord.  :lol:

no flaws that I can see other than being very old, and gently used, corner has tiny piece missing but thats it.

Had to wipe the tears out of my eyes after reading that one.  :roll:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:06 pm 

Quote:
 no flaws that I can see other than being very old, and gently used, corner has tiny piece missing but thats it.

Gently used by a wookie as toilet paper, just maybe.  At least the starting bid is legit (1 cent).  Unfortunately the item isn't even worth that.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:26 pm 

Badmike wrote:Gently used by a wookie as toilet paper, just maybe.  At least the starting bid is legit (1 cent).  Unfortunately the item isn't even worth that.

It's harder to choke down the $5 shipping.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:43 am 

I like this kind of book...for free...or maybe 25 cents at Goodwill.  But, at least this one got used.  "Never Used" is the saddest phrase in gaming.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:15 am 

Another gem from the same guy

Good condition 8O

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 87 of 113123 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 111112113