Formerly laughable item descriptions
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 86 of 113123 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 111112113
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:06 pm 

bclarkie wrote:BTW, if he doesn't change his description in the next 12 hours or so, I am going to post a link to that auction over on DF and see what Gary thinks. :lol:

Here is the question I just sent him:

bclarkie wrote:
Hi there. I understand as per your auction description that you believe(falsely) that Judges Guild is the creator of D&D. As noted this is a false assumption. D&D was created in 1974 by Gary Gygax & Dave Arneson ans several others. For reference check here: Original D&D Set . Thanks.  

No, BC, that's impossible because this guy played D&D in 1968 or 1969!!!!!!!!!

I hope he is just mistaken, and not just pulling this stuff out of his ass to seem more knowledgable....hopefully just an honest mistake.....

MIke B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:18 pm 

On a totally seperate auction check out the Q&A:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 19019231&s sPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=017

Quote:
 hi, I am 6290 rated, a Powerseller & could pay with pay pal I ask as I live in UK, may I bid please? Obviously I would pay shipping charges,(GPM for smaller items or surface (M bag) preferred. Thanks for your time either way, no offence taken or intended Please "reply" to this so I know which auction were on about, thanks Failing that I now have a USA based address you can send item(s) to that will be forwarded to me, would that be better/ok? Please pay no attention to individuals who e-mail you lying about me. My reputation or the US PS M bags, instead please report them straight away by forwarding the e-mail to Ebay via customer support. Also please check my feedback & theirs, I think you'll soon discover who is the more reputable? thanks --Dave  

I don't know whether I should laugh or just shake my head.

Cougie has a form letter to coerce people into letting him bid on auctions that he by description has no business bidding on?  Doesn't surprise me, sadly.  However, I'm curious now to find out where his USA based address is and who is forwarding gaming stuff to this POS.

And dude, I have MORE feedback than you and about 80 LESS negs, so don't be bragging on your reputable feedback you sack of dodo crap.  There isn't a dealer posting on the Acaeum that has 1/10th the negs you do.  The reason people warn your buyers about your shady business practices is that your reputation is that of a lying turd eating worm.  Instead of bitching about it you should think about why so many people email people whose auctions you've won to warn them about you!  BTW, I'm not even one of them, I frankly don't have the time to give a "heads up" to everyone you are attempting to rip off, and I wouldn't .  
  However, if someone were to ask my opinion of selling to you or buying from you, I would tell them they have a better chance of walking through downtown Tehran with an American flag tatooed to their forehead than coming out ok on a deal with you.  And you can be sure from now on that I will make EVERY effort to start emailing those people whose auctions you are bidding on that are US only and pointing out that you are based in the UK...no "lying" involved, right?

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:20 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
The thing that makes it even more sad is the fact that it is a form "question" and yet it is still loaded with misspelled words, grammatical errors and punctuation mistakes. :roll:  You'd think that he would at least make sure that it wasn't phrased like he just got done filming the movie Deliverance. :?

I've honestly began to wonder if he isn't either dyslexic, or comes at English as a second language. No one can purposefully write that idiotically.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:45 pm 

bclarkie wrote:On a totally seperate auction check out the Q&A:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

I don't know whether I should laugh or just shake my head. :?

The message I sent to the seller:

Hi:

I just read your last Q&A contact.  I have to agree with what he says:  By all means you should check out his feedback before you do business with him.

Nice one, Coug.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:54 am 

The seller mentioned above asked me which guy I was refering to.

I sent him back:

"The UK guy.  Ask yourself why he warns you not to listen to warnings."

His reply is too funny:

I too, shared your concerns.
He actually hounded me for the next day and a half to put him on my exception list because he was -such a good member- of eBay.
His name is cougarrinard , and I just so happened to see a transaction with him listed on another bidder's feedback: voidoblivion
Needless to say, I did not add him to my -exempt- list!
Thanks for your vote of confidence!
-Kankennon-

Mark   8)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:13 am 

I just noticed that the Coug updated his about me page again:

http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V ... ugarrinard

It gets funnier all the time.   :P  We must be getting to him if he is retorting posts written here on his about me page.   :wink:  I especially love this part:

Coug wrote: . Its great to know I have sold more items (NOTE THATS ITEMS NOT RATINGS ~perhaps get someone to read that part to you if you belong to that web site as you clearly cannot read it yourself?) on ebay than all their combined pitiful entire web site members jealous efforts. (note I do not include Guido as part of your web site he only logged onto stop you bad mouthing him which of course worked as you are all gutless wonders. I would not mind so much if I had actually had any dealings with them?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Dave since I know that you read this site, next time you make a change to your about me page put your address on there so that I can mail you a Speak & Spell and an English Language dictionary.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:32 am 

Guido put a stop to something here?  I don't recall it.

Seems like coug could use his powers to stop the madness that is Acaeum.  Apparently Guido did?

I have to say that I have never badmouthed coug except to repeat exactly what he said and did, or directly quote others.

All I did with the seller above was urge him to take coug's own advice and read coug's feedback...and the things coug himself said.  It doesn't take Perry Mason to cross-examine that witness.   8O  

Coug essentially told the seller:  1) People say bad things about him, and 2) Go and look at the bad things people say and the vengeful things I say back.

The funny thing about coug is that he seems to be doing loads of business despite all of his public nastiness and all of the horrible people trying to destroy his Titanium Seller status.  He has bunches and bunches of sales.

If he would just ignore the Acaeum and stop sending out feedback reprisals he would be golden.  Go figure.

Mark  8)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:36 am 

eBay Feedback Profile for voidoblivion

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:52 am 

MShipley88 wrote:The seller mentioned above asked me which guy I was refering to.

I sent him back:

"The UK guy.  Ask yourself why he warns you not to listen to warnings."

His reply is too funny:

I too, shared your concerns.
He actually hounded me for the next day and a half to put him on my exception list because he was -such a good member- of eBay.
His name is cougarrinard , and I just so happened to see a transaction with him listed on another bidder's feedback: voidoblivion
Needless to say, I did not add him to my -exempt- list!
Thanks for your vote of confidence!
-Kankennon-

Mark   8)

Too funny.  This is despite the fact that Cougie has avoided negative feedback the last 30 days.....except for the dozen or so mutual withdrawls, which of course are all negatives.  But hey, on the surface his feedback looks ok for the unititated, so by all means everyone let him hound you into making an exception of him....as everyone knows "hounding" someone is the best way to deal with potential business partners.

Mike  B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:47 am 

MShipley88 wrote:Guido put a stop to something here?  I don't recall it.

Seems like coug could use his powers to stop the madness that is Acaeum.  Apparently Guido did?

I have to say that I have never badmouthed coug except to repeat exactly what he said and did, or directly quote others.

All I did with the seller above was urge him to take coug's own advice and read coug's feedback...and the things coug himself said.  It doesn't take Perry Mason to cross-examine that witness.   8O  

Coug essentially told the seller:  1) People say bad things about him, and 2) Go and look at the bad things people say and the vengeful things I say back.

The funny thing about coug is that he seems to be doing loads of business despite all of his public nastiness and all of the horrible people trying to destroy his Titanium Seller status.  He has bunches and bunches of sales.

If he would just ignore the Acaeum and stop sending out feedback reprisals he would be golden.  Go figure.

Mark  8)

I have enjoyed the occasional crotch kick to the Coug, because it gets more and more pathetic when you realize HE READS EVERYTHING POSTED HERE yet is too much of a gutless wonder to post here and defend himself.  True, it might be a dogpile if he did so, but then again maybe he would bring us all around and we'd hold hands and sing campfire songs.  Unlikely, but you never know.  
     I myself have a few questions I'd love to present him with, referring just to his "About Me" page in general.  Coug, as you are reading this, why not defend yourself here and get us all off your back once and for all?  After all, posting here got Tonya a little bit of cred...

1.  You have continually referred to yourself in the past as a "Titanium Powerseller". As the definition of this was $100k sold a month, NOT volume as you indicate, how can you justify still saying you were once a Titanium Powerseller?

2. When you say you started Ebay in 2000, is this a boast along the lines of Al Gores having invented the internet, or just lousy wording?

3. When you say you are using Ebay tools to help your online business, is spell/grammar check part of this tool base?  If not, then why?

4.  You say your feedback is "several times" those who are spreading the "lies" about you.  First, how would you know how your feedback compares to anyone emailing your potential customers?  If it is a Acaeum member, you probably have 90% more negative feedback than anyone else posting here.  FYI the Acaeum is NOT a conspiracy formed to affect your sales....you are probably getting hosed by former customers who are NOT happy with your business practices.  Is there a possiblity those spreading "lies" about you come from this subset, and not from the Acaeum per se?

5.  You sound like you are overweight.  How overweight are you?

6.  Why is one of your pet hates feedback dodgers?  Why does this concern you so much?  From those who have purchased from you, it seems you go to stalker-like lengths to get feedback.  Why is this?  Why even worry about it? If you wait for them to leave feedback and then reply, why should it concern you so?

7.  How on Earth do you answer 500+ emails a day?  Do you not realize that a Spam Filter could help you immensely? FYI, the guys emailing you from Africa are NOT really trying to hide 10 million dollars, this is a common scam known as the "Nigerian scam" and you don't have to reply to all this individuals.

8.  Were you really born to DM?

9.  How come your "previous weeks relists" always the same dozen or so items?  Are you such a lazy git you don't change this every week much less every year or so?

10. Do you not understand that run on sentences and random use of question marks is generally frowned upon in proper writing circles?

11. Since you obviously read all these posts and kept up with the Guido saga, did you not realize that the reason Acaeum members stopped "badmouthing " him (a misnomer; he was never actually attacked in print) is that he began posting here, defending his stories used to sell his items, and put a human and enjoyable face on what previously had been a cypher?  Has the idea not occured to you that if you were to do the same, perhaps those "lying" about you to others would stop? Or do you consider your shady business practices too unacceptable to defend in print?

12.  Exactly how many M-Bag packages to you HAVE been lost over the last, oh, say, five years?  Considering I've had exactly ONE package to the UK lost in that same time period, how do you explain this large number and to what do you attribute the anomaly of so many disappearing packages to you?

13.  Why do you insist on bidding in auctions designated "US only" when it is clearly marked?  Do the rules of Ebay not apply to you since you think you "started" ebay some six years ago? What is it about a "US only" sale you don't seem to grasp?  And, when you win such a sale, how do you justify badgering and hounding the unfortunate seller to send you said items by M-Bag, when in the first place they had never even planned on shipping to the UK, and the second place M-Bag shipping is untraceable and thus not covered by the Paypal agreement?

14.  Can you explain the following quote from your About Me Page?  

Glad to answer any questions if they can face their being wrong, which I doubt? I WANT TO THANK THEM FOR DRIVING PEOPLE TO MY SALES, Of course I have the laregst sales of D&D in UK, anyone can see that. Not everyone is educated beyond their intelligence. AND SAY SORRY FOR NOT ADVERTISING THEIRS AND WILL STOP TELLING THE TRUTH ABOUT THEM WHEN THEY STOP TELLING LIES ABOUT ME

I'm sorry, it makes absolutely no sense.  There is just so much wrong in this simple paragraph, I don't know where to start.  But let's start anyway:

a.  Why is simple sentence structure unfathomable to you? re: the first sentence which I can't make heads or tails of.

b.  If people on the Acaeum are driving buyers to your sales, and you thank them for it, why are you upset?

c.  Do you have independent confirmation of the largest seller in the UK? Is this connected to your discredited boast of once being a Titanium Powerseller?

d.  Please explain what language the final sentence is in (the second bold sentence), as it does NOT seem to be in English?

15. And finally, what on earth does "block wipe" mean anyway?

Dave (I feel like I can call you by your name since we have had such a nice communication here), please think about not being the gutless wonder we all think you are here at the Evil Empire (aka Acaeum) and defend your business practices in print.  Until you stop lurking here like a juvenile peeping tom, and actually decide to engage in a thoughtful discourse with your detractors (or those just curious about your various odd comments), you will continue to be treated like the leper-bearing pariah you are.  Volume of sales is not an indicator of great talent or business acumen or likablity, just simply the fact you can list a lot of items.  More disturbing is the large amount of negative press you seem to generate among fellow dealers, past and potential buyers, US based sellers, and small pets.  The saying where there is smoke there is fire is nowhere more apt than in a description of you and your Ebay sales.  The sad thing is that you could have chosen to become a leader in the RPG reselling community and instead have settled for resident whipping boy and laughing stock.  Obviously these comments all do matter as you read them and comment about them in hopes we will all see them and then comment about you again, a sick cycle I will agree, but one you find necessary; if these comments mattered so much, why wouldn't you go to the source and try to DEAL with them instead of snidely pretending to ignore them.  Perversely, you've shown us all how much our approval (or disapproval in your case) matters to your psyche with your comments and form letters, yet you are too cowardly to take any actions.  
   But hey, as been said before, you are doing loads of business and ignoring the liars seems to be the best advice anyone here has offered you, you should take it and run.  In the meantime try to figure out for yourself why our withheld approval seems to matter so, so much to you in your "success".

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:37 am 

You seem a bit tense, Mike.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:34 am 

Whew now I am mad and I don't even dislike the cougar. 8O

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:40 am 

Does cougar really think that the members of The Acaeum are solely responsible for all of his bad press?  I started using Ebay in 2000/2001 to build up my D&D collection and two of the first sellers I remember looking at purchasing from were cougarrinard and eastern treasure chest.  I never bid on any of their auctions simply because of their feedback ratings.  I didnt become a member of The Acaeum until late 2003 so I disliked him as a seller even before joining this site.

As for Guido...I never realized that Guido was given any bad press from anyone on this site.  Sure we made some cracks about the stories he included with his auctions (which he no longer uses  :( ) but for the most part they were goofy and entertaining.  And as a seller he was courteous, prompt, and reliable....unlike Cougar.  So most likely Coug is lying about Guido's intents when he joined this site.

And as for Cougar coming here and defending his tactics...it will never happen.  He is a slimeball and he knows it.  The only reason that he doesnt screw over his buyers in the U.K. is he knows they can track his ass down and stomp a shithole in him if they dont get their stuff.  :P

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:42 am 

FWIW as far as Guido goes, Cougar as usual, is lying.  There is only one person that I know of on this forum that had a bad transaction with Guido and it never made it here, it was left on Ebay.  The only thing that people used to say about Guido had absolutely nothing to do with his buying/selling/Ebay tactics at all, it had to do with that awful story that he used to run on his auctions.  When Guido started posting here last year he even admitted that the story he put in his auction was awful and everyone had a good laugh about it.  As much as Cougar wants to dispute these facts, its all a bunch of lies. I ask everyone to not even believe me, check for yourself:

search.php?search_id=1841990777

There are 111(now 112) posts that contain the name Guido and see for yourself if any of these posts contain the same language & tone of disgust, that gets held for the Coug.  It doesn't.  

Lets face it, Cougar's shitty reputation is not something that we have contrived here, it is something that he has been well earned through his own tactics on EBay(and actually off EBay for that matter i.e selling photocopies of rare items to his list of people that he spmas on a regular basis), by outrageous S&H, fees, bullying in general, feedback extortion, mysteriously non arriving shipments, harrasment of both buyer & sellers, bidding on auctions that he is not permitted to but does anyway, etc.  We didn't amke this up, just check his own feedback and it tells the story, and its not a very pretty one at that.   Once again, I invite anyonme who doesn't believe me to check it out for themeselves.  Look here(it may take a few minutes to pull up, be patient  :) )

Negative/Neutral Feedback received by cougarrinard

Now looking at that, how many people on that shit list there are actually members of this site?  

Now look at the feedback that Cougar has left for others:

Negative/Neutral Feedback left by cougarrinard

Once again, that is not members of this site that are in all that nasty feedback, that is other people totally unaffiliated with this site. It is factually in print and it is not being made up by us.

Another thing that I find quite comical about Coug is that he seems to have this sick infatuation with his feedback.  The question is though, how many of those feedback that he so loves so much are actually BS.  I am not even talking about the feedback that he has "mutually agreed to have removed" and the the feedback that he has bullied his buyers into giving him. I am talking about the feedback that he has acquired by buying from feedback boosters.  You know the ones where you buy a picture, a recipe, or some other intangible item for $.01, that you don't even pay for, you just leave the seller a positive feedback and he in return gives you one.  How many of those are included into his almighty feedback?  100? 200? Who knows. :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:52 am 

Greetings Acaeum!!  Long time no write.   I received a message from a forum member that there was an issue concerning Cougar and myself.   I thought I better weigh in and possibly clear up some questions.  

Initially, Cougar did point me to the statements on the forum (way back when).   However, I did not sign up to lambast the forum members.   I joined because I found useful insight here and it has helped me grow as a collector and be a better seller.   I know I mess up (heck I just totally messed up on a sale to one of the forums members).   I feel that if I am to leverage the info on this site, then I should join and participate for good or for bad.  

Cougar and I have had some successful sales and I do not personally have any issues.   However, Dave, I think at this time it would be best to join and wade through the issues and concerns.

I do want to thank the members of the site for their kind words.   With my wife wrapping up school in a couple of months, I hope to be a more active member.    

Dave, think about the advice above.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:05 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:You seem a bit tense, Mike.

Couldn't find my blood pressure pills at 2 am in the morning....sorry everyone.
         But I have just about come to the end of my rope when it comes to this clown.  Coug, either man up and defend yourself here, or stop referring to us in your oh-so-oblique way in your About Me page and form letters.  I'm done giving you any benefit of the doubt, if there ever was one to give.   
   BC is right....the majority of "warning" emails don't come from Acaeum members but EBAY MEMBERS WHO COUGIE HAS PISSED OFF.  I personally have had several UNSOLICITED emails from Ebay members (not Acaeum members) who I have never dealt with and don't know from Adam who specifically asked me what do I know about this guy bidding on their collection.  This typically happens when I am also a bidder on said item.  I can only suppose they have COMPARED feedbacks and being frightened with Coug's very dicey array of negs and mutual withdrawls, have instead gone to me with inquiries since I have under double digit negs and no Mutuals. No, Cougie, you are not a paranoid jackass for no reason, I guess everyone REALLY IS out to get you. Sheesh. :roll:
  Until BC brought it up I had completely forgotten the photocopy selling of rares and the buying of feedback on Ebay (clear violation of their rules).  Another two nails into the coffin of Cougies reputation as a dealer and a human being.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:25 pm 

Man, I thought BadMike's post was the best thing I've ever read here. Bravo!

I'm still reserving the best thread title for Draco, though ... how can you top this:

God couger is a retard and should be kicked off ebay....

:P  :D  :)  :P

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:34 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Another thing that I find quite comical about Coug is that he seems to have this sick infatuation with his feedback.

It took me a while, but I finally figured that one out: DM Dave's entire sense of self-worth is based around his eBay activities.

There is no job, no outside activities, no hobbies, and — I'd bet money on this — no actual interaction with other humans in a social setting. His view of himself is based solely around "sales" and "powerseller status" and his feedback number.

It's actually quite pathetic. It should be sad ... but it's not. This is the same guy who sells incomplete items, then blames the buyer for "not asking." Using that logic, he could sell blank pages, then claim the ink was missing.

Bottom line: absolutely the worst seller on eBay. We should retire the "shady dealer" thread because no one else even comes close.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 86 of 113123 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 111112113