Formerly laughable item descriptions
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 85 of 113123 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 111112113
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:53 am 

NetRodent wrote:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Let's hammer this guy with questions...I just sent him one:

BTW,D&D was created by Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson, the facts of this are pretty much indisputable.  

Everyone on this board needs to send him a comparable response until he changes his description....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:16 pm 

Plaag wrote:
:lol:

Course it has a Treasury of Archiac Names 1st print

ShaneG.

yeah prb worth it just to get that - what a muppet tho..

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:16 pm 

NetRodent wrote:

Interesting...my post from last night has disappeared.

I think this guy is just honestly mistaken.  He misunderstood what he heard.

It would be more interesting to hear about his conversation at Judges Guild back in the day.  Also, did he happen to pick up any JG pencils while he was there?

Mark

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:46 pm 

NetRodent wrote:

:lol: Had to chuckle at the 1 bid on this auction, not that Frank has bid, but his handle name being a part of this auction

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:14 pm 

Badmike wrote:
Everyone on this board needs to send him a comparable response until he changes his description....

Mike B.

Here's his response...I don't know quite what to say.  I guess I'll just leave it alone, the guy is just remembering wrong I guess....

Check and see if Gary Graduated from Milikin University in Decatur IL One of the guild owners was named Gary he eventually sold the business to another person who relocated to a different area of Decatur. I am going off of memory here and was there the night they closed the store. Took two pick up truck loads of stuff some had never been to market. This was 20 years ago so I going off of memory. I do Know we first played D and D in 1968 or 1969. Thanks for the info

:?  :?  :?  :?  :?  :?  :?  :?

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:19 pm 

Badmike wrote:

:?  :?  :?  :?  :?  :?  :?  :?

Mike B.

Either that or he is just been smoking some hard core crack. :?

I think I will send him a link to the site. :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:23 pm 

BTW, if he doesn't change his description in the next 12 hours or so, I am going to post a link to that auction over on DF and see what Gary thinks. :lol:

Here is the question I just sent him:

bclarkie wrote:Hi there. I understand as per your auction description that you believe(falsely) that Judges Guild is the creator of D&D. As noted this is a false assumption. D&D was created in 1974 by Gary Gygax & Dave Arneson ans several others. For reference check here: Original D&D Set . Thanks.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:31 pm 

On a totally seperate auction check out the Q&A:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=017

hi, I am 6290 rated, a Powerseller & could pay with pay pal I ask as I live in UK, may I bid please? Obviously I would pay shipping charges,(GPM for smaller items or surface (M bag) preferred. Thanks for your time either way, no offence taken or intended Please "reply" to this so I know which auction were on about, thanks Failing that I now have a USA based address you can send item(s) to that will be forwarded to me, would that be better/ok? Please pay no attention to individuals who e-mail you lying about me. My reputation or the US PS M bags, instead please report them straight away by forwarding the e-mail to Ebay via customer support. Also please check my feedback & theirs, I think you'll soon discover who is the more reputable? thanks --Dave

I don't know whether I should laugh or just shake my head. :?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:36 pm 

bclarkie wrote:On a totally seperate auction check out the Q&A:

What has always cracked me up about cougar is that he actually has a form letter that he sends to sellers begging them to let him bid on their auctions.  :lol:   For some reason the words "PATHETIC DOUCHEBAG" keep popping into my head every time I read it.  Not sure why... :roll:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:43 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
What has always cracked me up about cougar is that he actually has a form letter that he sends to sellers begging them to let him bid on their auctions.  :lol:   For some reason the words "PATHETIC DOUCHEBAG" keep popping into my head every time I read it.  Not sure why... :roll:

The thing that makes it even more sad is the fact that it is a form "question" and yet it is still loaded with misspelled words, grammatical errors and punctuation mistakes. :roll:  You'd think that he would at least make sure that it wasn't phrased like he just got done filming the movie Deliverance. :?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:06 pm 

bclarkie wrote:BTW, if he doesn't change his description in the next 12 hours or so, I am going to post a link to that auction over on DF and see what Gary thinks. :lol:

Here is the question I just sent him:

bclarkie wrote:
Hi there. I understand as per your auction description that you believe(falsely) that Judges Guild is the creator of D&D. As noted this is a false assumption. D&D was created in 1974 by Gary Gygax & Dave Arneson ans several others. For reference check here: Original D&D Set . Thanks.  

No, BC, that's impossible because this guy played D&D in 1968 or 1969!!!!!!!!!

I hope he is just mistaken, and not just pulling this stuff out of his ass to seem more knowledgable....hopefully just an honest mistake.....

MIke B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:18 pm 

On a totally seperate auction check out the Q&A:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 19019231&s sPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=017

Quote:
 hi, I am 6290 rated, a Powerseller & could pay with pay pal I ask as I live in UK, may I bid please? Obviously I would pay shipping charges,(GPM for smaller items or surface (M bag) preferred. Thanks for your time either way, no offence taken or intended Please "reply" to this so I know which auction were on about, thanks Failing that I now have a USA based address you can send item(s) to that will be forwarded to me, would that be better/ok? Please pay no attention to individuals who e-mail you lying about me. My reputation or the US PS M bags, instead please report them straight away by forwarding the e-mail to Ebay via customer support. Also please check my feedback & theirs, I think you'll soon discover who is the more reputable? thanks --Dave  

I don't know whether I should laugh or just shake my head.

Cougie has a form letter to coerce people into letting him bid on auctions that he by description has no business bidding on?  Doesn't surprise me, sadly.  However, I'm curious now to find out where his USA based address is and who is forwarding gaming stuff to this POS.

And dude, I have MORE feedback than you and about 80 LESS negs, so don't be bragging on your reputable feedback you sack of dodo crap.  There isn't a dealer posting on the Acaeum that has 1/10th the negs you do.  The reason people warn your buyers about your shady business practices is that your reputation is that of a lying turd eating worm.  Instead of bitching about it you should think about why so many people email people whose auctions you've won to warn them about you!  BTW, I'm not even one of them, I frankly don't have the time to give a "heads up" to everyone you are attempting to rip off, and I wouldn't .  
  However, if someone were to ask my opinion of selling to you or buying from you, I would tell them they have a better chance of walking through downtown Tehran with an American flag tatooed to their forehead than coming out ok on a deal with you.  And you can be sure from now on that I will make EVERY effort to start emailing those people whose auctions you are bidding on that are US only and pointing out that you are based in the UK...no "lying" involved, right?

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:20 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
The thing that makes it even more sad is the fact that it is a form "question" and yet it is still loaded with misspelled words, grammatical errors and punctuation mistakes. :roll:  You'd think that he would at least make sure that it wasn't phrased like he just got done filming the movie Deliverance. :?

I've honestly began to wonder if he isn't either dyslexic, or comes at English as a second language. No one can purposefully write that idiotically.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:45 pm 

bclarkie wrote:On a totally seperate auction check out the Q&A:

The message I sent to the seller:

Hi:

I just read your last Q&A contact.  I have to agree with what he says:  By all means you should check out his feedback before you do business with him.

Nice one, Coug.

Mark   8)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:54 am 

The seller mentioned above asked me which guy I was refering to.

I sent him back:

"The UK guy.  Ask yourself why he warns you not to listen to warnings."

His reply is too funny:

I too, shared your concerns.
He actually hounded me for the next day and a half to put him on my exception list because he was -such a good member- of eBay.
His name is cougarrinard , and I just so happened to see a transaction with him listed on another bidder's feedback: voidoblivion
Needless to say, I did not add him to my -exempt- list!
Thanks for your vote of confidence!
-Kankennon-

Mark   8)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:13 am 

I just noticed that the Coug updated his about me page again:

http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V ... ugarrinard

It gets funnier all the time.   :P  We must be getting to him if he is retorting posts written here on his about me page.   :wink:  I especially love this part:

Coug wrote: . Its great to know I have sold more items (NOTE THATS ITEMS NOT RATINGS ~perhaps get someone to read that part to you if you belong to that web site as you clearly cannot read it yourself?) on ebay than all their combined pitiful entire web site members jealous efforts. (note I do not include Guido as part of your web site he only logged onto stop you bad mouthing him which of course worked as you are all gutless wonders. I would not mind so much if I had actually had any dealings with them?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Dave since I know that you read this site, next time you make a change to your about me page put your address on there so that I can mail you a Speak & Spell and an English Language dictionary.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:32 am 

Guido put a stop to something here?  I don't recall it.

Seems like coug could use his powers to stop the madness that is Acaeum.  Apparently Guido did?

I have to say that I have never badmouthed coug except to repeat exactly what he said and did, or directly quote others.

All I did with the seller above was urge him to take coug's own advice and read coug's feedback...and the things coug himself said.  It doesn't take Perry Mason to cross-examine that witness.   8O  

Coug essentially told the seller:  1) People say bad things about him, and 2) Go and look at the bad things people say and the vengeful things I say back.

The funny thing about coug is that he seems to be doing loads of business despite all of his public nastiness and all of the horrible people trying to destroy his Titanium Seller status.  He has bunches and bunches of sales.

If he would just ignore the Acaeum and stop sending out feedback reprisals he would be golden.  Go figure.

Mark  8)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:36 am 

eBay Feedback Profile for voidoblivion

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 85 of 113123 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 111112113