Formerly laughable item descriptions
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 84 of 113123 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 111112113
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:23 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I think that guy has come up here in the past and IIRC KingofPain indicated that he was also a jack-ass. Must be something in the name. :?

It was either King or BadMike — maybe both — but that's how I remember it, too. Jackass alert! Shields up!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:35 am 

bclarkie wrote:Well here it is:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

The....Temple....of....Elemental...  Energy. :?

And no its not a typo because the same seller also has:

Return to the Temple of Elemental Energy.

It makes me wonder . . . are they just so afraid of the world "Evil" that they can't bring themselves to actually say or write it?  

. . . Or, are they so in love with Evil that they feel it transcends it's normal definition and is actually a form of "Energy".  Perhaps, in their little cult, they worship this Energy?

. . .  Or, are they just stupid?

:D

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:47 am 

Xaxaxe wrote:It was either King or BadMike — maybe both — but that's how I remember it, too. Jackass alert! Shields up!

Jeez...really gotta drink my coffee before reading posts.  Coulda swore someone called me a jackass.  Had to rub my eyes for a minute there.  :D

Yeah, Titan Comics is a seller to stay away from.  Rip-off artists of the first degree....and stupid to boot apparently.  :P

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:51 am 

Beyondthebreach wrote:
It makes me wonder . . . are they just so afraid of the world "Evil" that they can't bring themselves to actually say or write it?  

. . . Or, are they so in love with Evil that they feel it transcends it's normal definition and is actually a form of "Energy".  Perhaps, in their little cult, they worship this Energy?

. . .  Or, are they just stupid?

:D

Maybe they are superstitious like hotel owners that don't have a 13th floor, a room 666, or let Jack Nicholson stay in their hotel.  :wink:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:11 am 

See now you guys have got me curious.  I think that I am going to email the seller and ask. :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:14 am 

bclarkie wrote:See now you guys have got me curious.  I think that I am going to email the seller and ask. :?

My question:

bclarkie wrote:Dear Seller, I am interested in this item potentially, but I have a question.  You have the title of this module as being listed as the "Temple of Elemental Energy", but the front cover of the book seems to indicate a different title.  Is this book really titled as the "Temple of Elemental Energy" or is it some thing else? Thanks for your time.

Lets see if I get a response and if so, what it is. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:22 pm 

Okay, I just got a response to my question and it appears the seller just was not paying close enough attention.  They adjusted the auction titles.  Looks like nothing supersticious or weird going on. :)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:02 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Okay, I just got a response to my question and it appears the seller just was not paying close enough attention.  They adjusted the auction titles.  Looks like nothing supersticious or weird going on. :)

Uh huh . . .  :?   They'll be praying to their gods of Elemental Energy tonight Clarkie . .  you shouldn't have meddled . . .

If you don't have access to Protection from Energy 10' radius, I suggest you try not to fall asleep tonight.  :twisted:

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:31 am 

Xaxaxe wrote:It was either King or BadMike — maybe both — but that's how I remember it, too. Jackass alert! Shields up!

He's based in Dallas....he mostly deals in comics....his knowledge of rpgs or games is virtually nil.  Take that into account.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:23 am 

Beyondthebreach wrote:See if you can find me some Winnie the Pooh sheet sets . . . or maybe something with Tinkerbell.

I'd be willing to shell out a couple of more bucks if the seller had them listed in Roleplaying Games.  8)

Care Bear sheets...  Getting closer to Winnie the Pooh...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:36 am 

What's the point of including an incredibly tiny photo?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:19 pm 

The seller says that the books belong to her son.  Apparently, she photographed them through his bedroom door keyhole!

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:46 pm 

Gamma World TSR: Role Playing Games | eBay

When a seller posts in the auction title and description that the set is complete and then says that it is missing the dice in the next sentence fragment.....doesnt that dictate that the set is incomplete?  Why do seller's contradict themselves like this?  And why does it irritate the heck out of me?  :x

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:19 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:

When a seller posts in the auction title and description that the set is complete and then says that it is missing the dice in the next sentence fragment.....doesnt that dictate that the set is incomplete?  Why do seller's contradict themselves like this?  And why does it irritate the heck out of me?  :x

I advertise sets as complete all the time that don't have dice.  Of course, I say it is complete except for the dice.  To be honest, almost all sets seem to be missing dice . . . even if there are dice present  (and even though I am fairly knowedgeable about RPG items), I often am not sure if they are the original dice or not . . . who knows in many cases?  Unless I am 100% sure they are the original dice, then, invariably, I simply take them out and throw them in my dice jar.  Why bother with the possible aggravation of a buyer complaining that the "dice aren't authentic".  I just don't include them to begin with.

I (personally) don't think that dice and/or crayons affect completeness.  I feel an item is complete without them . . . they are just a "bonus" if they are still there.  Same goes with the original flyers, catalogs or advertisements.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:19 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
When a seller posts in the auction title and description that the set is complete and then says that it is missing the dice in the next sentence fragment.....doesnt that dictate that the set is incomplete?  Why do seller's contradict themselves like this?  

It's a classic on ebay. The " this set is complete except for...".
In an auction I had even seen "complete but the rule book is missing"  8O

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:24 pm 

Beyondthebreach wrote:I (personally) don't think that dice and/or crayons affect completeness.  I feel an item is complete without them . . . they are just a "bonus" if they are still there.  Same goes with the original flyers, catalogs or advertisements.

But...I presume you would not call a set complete if it did not have the requisite maps!

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:16 pm 

3 Dungeon and Dragons Books by the original Creators

Judges Guild was located in Decatur Illinois and story has it that this is where the game was created and later sold to TSR. These are some of the books that were published locally by the creators of the game. I dont know this to be fact but this is what the owner of the place told me sometime in the early 1970s. These books are still of value today in gameplay but more than that they are a part of the history of the game

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:22 pm 

8O  8O  8O  8O  Words cannot describe such utter nonsense...

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 84 of 113123 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 111112113