Formerly laughable item descriptions
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 79 of 113123 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 111112113
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:03 am 

zhowar wrote:Dragon Magazine 18 Issues Swimsuit Issue near MINT | eBay

Which issue is the "Swimsuit Issue"???

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Well, technically, any issue with the ol' chainmail bikini in it is a Swimsuit Issue.  Though you better make your Swim check, 3.5ers.  :wink:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:19 pm 

Pointy Stick wrote:
zhowar wrote: Magazine Issues | eBay

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Well, technically, any issue with the ol' chainmail bikini in it is a Swimsuit Issue.  Though you better make your Swim check, 3.5ers.  :wink:

To be honest, I can't see any chainmail bikini in those covers. Nor any swimsuit, of course.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:33 pm 

zhowar wrote:Dragon Magazine 18 Issues Swimsuit Issue near MINT | eBay

It is not in that lot that I can see. IIRC it was in the 140s though I may be off on that. It was an April Fools issue and had a big nordic looking woman on the cover.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:20 am 

Dragon always thought their April Fools edition was really funny.  As a purchasing gamer, I thought it was a waste of money.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:23 pm 

I don't have Dragon Mountain, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't come with these...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8828289320

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:33 am 

First Edition AD&D AGAINST the GIANTS II

cgi.ebay.co.uk/First-Ed-AD-D-AGAINST-th ... dZViewItem

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:36 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:First Edition AD&D AGAINST the GIANTS II

cgi.ebay.co.uk/First-Ed-AD-D-AGAINST-th ... dZViewItem

hehe nice condition! (NOT).....looks like S4 with it there aint it?

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:46 am 

I liked the idea of an Against the Giants II. Would that be G4 then?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:06 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:I liked the idea of an Against the Giants II. Would that be G4 then?

yeah could be - looks like it was hit with a critical hit from a giant too :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:43 am 

quality picture taking here!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... gory=44112

oh wait hang on, maybe you need them 3-D glasses for the picture to look right?  :twisted:

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:12 am 

get a load of this one - want your characters pic done? a cool £25 will get you one...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... gory=44114

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:19 am 

killjoy32 wrote:get a load of this one - want your characters pic done? a cool £25 will get you one...

I am actually surprised more artists don't try to do this. Yeah computer generated ones wouldn't appeal to me, but those who could hand draw them would probably do pretty well if they were reasonable in price (and hell it would get your stuff out there that a company may decide they like your stuff and hire you)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:54 am 

Plaag wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:get a load of this one - want your characters pic done? a cool £25 will get you one...

I am actually surprised more artists don't try to do this. Yeah computer generated ones wouldn't appeal to me, but those who could hand draw them would probably do pretty well if they were reasonable in price (and hell it would get your stuff out there that a company may decide they like your stuff and hire you)

ShaneG.

There are a number of artist who do this. They advertise on the MMORPG boards/sites all the time. I am suprised they do not appear on more playing than collecting oriented sites like Dragonsfoot. There are some that do the CGI art but many are old pen, pencil and ink types. Some of the better one, IIRC, stopped doing it as they had too large of a back log of requests to ever finish them all.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:42 am 

Plaag wrote:

ShaneG.

but every players' group have at least one potential "artist", no?... In our group we have two players who draws every characters for us...

Loki

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:48 am 

lokiwookie wrote:
Plaag wrote:

ShaneG.

but every players' group have at least one potential "artist", no?... In our group we have two players who draws every characters for us...

Loki

My group never did, though my brothers group at the time had one who was very good (He later went on to do comic books and I think now is in the web design/graphic field)

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:49 am 

Marlith wrote:
Plaag wrote:

ShaneG.

There are a number of artist who do this. They advertise on the MMORPG boards/sites all the time. I am suprised they do not appear on more playing than collecting oriented sites like Dragonsfoot. There are some that do the CGI art but many are old pen, pencil and ink types. Some of the better one, IIRC, stopped doing it as they had too large of a back log of requests to ever finish them all.

Any of them do so on Ebay?

ShaneG.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:01 am 

Plaag wrote:
lokiwookie wrote:but every players' group have at least one potential "artist", no?... In our group we have two players who draws every characters for us...

Loki

My group never did, though my brothers group at the time had one who was very good (He later went on to do comic books and I think now is in the web design/graphic field)

ShaneG.

It is very interesting to have one in each group. And he could even draw different scenes of adventures involving our groups etc. We have some very beautifull drawing. Perhaps we should sell them on ebay :)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:37 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:It is very interesting to have one in each group. And he could even draw different scenes of adventures involving our groups etc. We have some very beautifull drawing. Perhaps we should sell them on ebay :)

I've always been the one that was the "artist" in my groups. My style tends towards the cartoony side though. But I still to this day do sketches of my characters.

Here's a sketch of a cleric I played, named Gunther:

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 79 of 113123 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 111112113