Formerly laughable item descriptions
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 74 of 113123 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 111112113
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:15 pm 

Ouch...unless you REALLY need a 3rd print PHB and a (1st? ) print MM  8O

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 1:30 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Looks like someone wrote a book about EBay:

Advanced Dungeons and Dragons Books | eBay

"I give the same feedback as you give me."

Sellers who use feedback as blackmail annoy me.  If I have bid and paid it is now the seller's duty to properly ship.

Since my part is done as soon as I pay, I expect feedback at that time.  

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 1:37 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:

eBay

Sellers who use feedback as blackmail annoy me.  If I have bid and paid it is now the seller's duty to properly ship.

Mark   8)

I can't agree more. Sad part is that this is becoming the exception and not the rule. Maybe as sellers we should start posting negative feedbacks on sellers who don't post feedback. Be sure to state that we got the item it was fine but seller blackmails feedback.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:03 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:   "I give the same feedback as you give me."

Mark   8)

I am agree too. I had a very hard discussion with cougar about this fact... (yes shame on me, I bought to him...)

ebay should block buyer feedback until seller post his feedback. And the problem will be solve. If the buyer is not able to post his feedback, the seller will be forced to post it before. I have email eBay many times about this, but never had any answer...

Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 4:48 pm 

blackdougal wrote:
Plaag wrote:
Wow..I do know they went up in price through the years when I bought mine (I believe I got mine from the begining when they started to come out), but I didn't think there was that many printings. So now I have to ask, is there a site that distinguishes printings like the Acaeum does for 2nd edition material? (TSR archive does not in this instance any rate) Or is it only the logos and price that change on these books?

ShaneG.

I've compiled a fair amount of info on 2E printings over the years, in particular on the core books and the PHBRs.  There were as many as eleven printings on some of them.  I'll try to get that posted some time tomorrow for your enjoyment.  :)

just wondering where the post of all the prints ended up? this kind of stuff really excites me, didn't know that was more than 3 prints since that's the only things i seen of them the type of covers for them :P

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:57 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:

Advanced Dungeons and Dragons Books | eBay

Mark   8)

You are totally right. But I also understand that some sellers have had business with morons who left a negative just for fun (or because there were some slight problems or delays and these guys just did not have the patience to try and solve the issues), maybe feeling safe because the seller had already left his own.

In general, I invite sellers I buy from to post their feedback first. Not to retaliate in case of a negative feedback, but to avoid leaving a positive and receiving nothing in return.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:09 pm 

guerret wrote:
MShipley88 wrote:

Mark   8)

You are totally right. But I also understand that some sellers have had business with morons who left a negative just for fun (or because there were some slight problems or delays and these guys just did not have the patience to try and solve the issues), maybe feeling safe because the seller had already left his own.

In general, I invite sellers I buy from to post their feedback first. Not to retaliate in case of a negative feedback, but to avoid leaving a positive and receiving nothing in return.

I do sympathize with sellers who deal with unjust customers.  

Still, unreasonable customers are part of being in business.  I imagine that this is especially true of Ebay....because both parties are faceless.

Sellers who are leery of this sort of unfair slander do have the option to block bidders who lack a minimum amount of feedback, don't they?

That might alleviate the problem of Ebay rookies or reincarnated troublemakers who might be inclined to leave negative feedback for petty reasons.

I myself have never left a negative feedback.  Almost all of my experiences have been very positive.  However, there is one pending feedback on my list that I am mulling over..... :?

Mark   8)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:20 pm 

guerret wrote:
MShipley88 wrote:

Mark   8)

I used to leave feedback as soon as the buyer paid, but the realities of Ebay nowadays prevents me from doing so.  Far too many buyers threatened negative feedback "if their package didn't arrive TODAY!!!" that it was just getting silly. Finally, one week when I had about ten of these plus one moron who threatened to leave negative feedback three days after he paid since he hadn't gotten his item yet, I changed my policy.  I've never been happier either, and I would never go back. I no longer get feedback blackmail and buyers are generally much more patient and less emotional, and if there is a problem, I have a chance to fix it now instead of listen to uninformed ramblings about how the buyer is going to leave neg feedback over a $5 paperback that the USPS bent in half while stuffing it in his apartment mail slot (true story...).  Plus I hate to say it but there are asinine idiots out there who leave neg feedback for no reason (my last two negs as a matter of fact) and this way there is some way of retaliating to undeserved negs.
  While I agree the buyer's part is done once he pays, the transaction is NOT finished until the buyer recieves the item and checks to make sure it is the item he ordered and in the condition he wanted.  So I feel justified in withholding feedback until the buyer indicates his satisfaction with the item...he doesn't have to leave me feedback first, but he does have to let me know he did recieve the item and it's in ok shape.  I can't tell you how much easier and less stressful this method is compared to the old way...

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:23 pm 

Hey all, please don't turn this thread into a feedback thread.  This has been done over and over and no one ever agrees on who should leave feedback first.  Lets all just agree to disagree. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:25 pm 

OK   8)

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:45 pm 

Oh, come on. All due respect and everything, but it's not like this is a serious thread anyway:

Acaeum User 1: "Hey, I just found this eBay listing that's really stupid. Here's a link. Let's make fun of it."

Acaeum User 2: "That seller is retarded."

Acaeum User 3: "He sucks."

Acaeum User 4: "And I hear he's gay." **

Then start again at 1 and repeat, over and over and over for 65 pages ... this isn't important D&D research or helpful advice; this is a thread we openly mock other people.

To be fair, the feedback debate won't be solved here (nor on any other thread, for that matter), and I wouldn't want to see, say, another 30 posts on the subject. But, really, is a thread called "Laughable item descriptions" enduring much harm if it occasionally lurches off-topic?

+++++

** Not that there's anything wrong with that ...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:51 pm 

My point was more that no one will ever agree on the "feedback" question no matter what thread it is in, and if you are not careful it will 15 pages deep and people will be all pissed off. I have seen it happen here before.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:59 pm 

bclarkie wrote:My point was more that no one will ever agree on the "feedback" question no matter what thread it is in, and if you are not careful it will 15 pages deep and people will be all pissed off. I have seen it happen here before.

Absolutely you are dead right - people here will not agree - even though they really know that the right wya to do it is seller first buyer afterwards.  You know afrtrer a few drinks - all this stuff becomes crystal clear...

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:10 pm 

bclarkie wrote:My point was more that no one will ever agree on the "feedback" question no matter what thread it is in, and if you are not careful it will 15 pages deep and people will be all pissed off. I have seen it happen here before.

Of course you are right, still there's no harm in exchanging each other's opinions over who should leave feedback first even without trying to make people agree on them.

But then you would probably disagree with me for adding another post on the subject even if I was off-topic. So until we all agree that we have disagreed enough to go back to the original topic, I think we all agree that there will be other off-topic comments on the question. Do you agree?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:11 pm 

I was responding to the "this" in the following sentence:

bclarkie wrote:Hey all, please don't turn this thread into a feedback thread.

Which I took to mean as "this particular thread." And if there's any thread here that could just disappear and have absolutely no negative impact on this site, it is this one. Thus, my lack of caring if it veers off-topic.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:13 pm 

guerret wrote:

Of course you are right, still there's no harm in exchanging each other's opinions over who should leave feedback first even without trying to make people agree on them.

But then you would probably disagree with me for adding another post on the subject even if I was off-topic. So until we all agree that we have disagreed enough to go back to the original topic, I think we all agree that there will be other off-topic comments on the question. Do you agree?

aaah, you italians with your wordsmithery - this is becoming like an Italo Calvino novel.  :wink:

Let's go fly a kite

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:20 pm 

For the record, this is also the same thread that recently featured the complete waste of time known as "let's put 10,000 quote boxes within other quote boxes." :roll:

Formerly laughable item descriptions

Acaeum threads tend to be self-policing. All it's going to take is for someone to post a real doozy of a mangled eBay listing and this bad boy will be right back on-topic.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:22 pm 

I kind of like a thread that is way off topic though - it has a bit of extra charm dont'cha think?

Let's go fly a kite

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 74 of 113123 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 111112113