Formerly laughable item descriptions
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 73 of 113123 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 111112113
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 06, 2006 9:58 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:Can't see anything rude about a BIN offer.  Actually, I expected a counter-offer...and told the seller that.  Our communications did not seem all that rude to me.

His previous lot auction sold for less than that.  Can't see what all the tsk-ing is about.

Mark   8)

i aint that bothered really - if you could have got it for $75 then good on you i say!

said it before that if a seller doesnt do their homework before selling an item, thats their problem really.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:03 pm 

I wonder how high this lot will go.  The individual components can be had if a buyer is patient.

The part of that lot that I actually want is the 3rd edition Stormbringer...the Games Workshop, lurid British version.  (At least, I presume it is lurid  :wink: )

Check over my posts and see if I've ever been deliberately rude to someone.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:04 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:Can't see anything rude about a BIN offer.  Actually, I expected a counter-offer...and told the seller that.  Our communications did not seem all that rude to me.

His previous lot auction sold for less than that.  Can't see what all the tsk-ing is about.

Mark   8)

Asking the seller for a BIN is not necessarily rude, but when you demand a specific price, that to me is rude.  I can tell you that I have had BIN offers on item before and it never bothered me, but I can tell you that if someone came and demanded a price on item, they would get the same repsonse that you got, and then they would also find themselves blocked from my auctions.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:14 pm 

bclarkie wrote:but when you demand a specific price, that to me is rude.

Yeah; just that the wording comes across as being closer to a directive/demand rather than as a mere and humble request that the seller in their benevolence might look kindly upon a poor, yet worthy roleplayer and deem it acceptable to part with their goods for a mutually agreeable sum and your eternal gratitude...

^^

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:38 pm 

I think it's frigging hilarious. Otherwise I would never have posted it, since I'd love to win the auction. I'd even pay "gasp" $100! American!

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 6:45 pm 

Well, I guess I don't know the rules.  

One rule I guess I do know...now...is don't write your name in a communication with a seller because he might post it trying to make you look stupid.

Mark  8)

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 7:36 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:Well, I guess I don't know the rules.

There are no "rules," Mark, other than those that exist in the heads of people who think they know everything about eBay.

You did absolutely nothing wrong (although, as mentioned, perhaps the wording of your request could have been a little different). The seller cut you off at the knees by actually posting what could have easily remained a private correspondence.

Finally (as you mentioned), as long as you're going to both (A) bid on D&D items, and (B) remain a member of this community, I would never sign a note like that. Everyone here knows everyone else's business to a very disturbing degree already; signing a BIN offer like that just makes it even worse.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:54 pm 

I don't see anything wrong with signing it. Or with pitching a BIN price. Everyone and their mother does it now anyways.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:54 pm 

Looks like someone wrote a book about EBay:

Advanced Dungeons and Dragons Books | eBay

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:42 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Looks like someone wrote a book about EBay

Hey, I wanna see that seagoing swine... the $3 'ship pig'

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:53 pm 

ExTSR wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Looks like someone wrote a book about EBay

LOL Frank beat me to the punch.  Hey a $3 Ship Pig can't be all that bad, at least you could kill it for bacon? What is a fair price for a Ship pig anyway?

still in very nice shape with only minor wear. please ask any questions you may have. shippig is 3.00

The shipping instructions made me laugh also.  I can just picture a monotone computer giving these shipping orders:

SHIPPING IS A FLATE RATE WHERE EVER YOU LIVE IN THE USA. MOST OF MY ITEMS SHIP PRIORITY MAIL. INSURANCE IS AN OPTION. I SHIP MOST OF MY ITEM WITHIN 7 DAYS. PAYMENT MUST BE MADE IN 7 DAYS OR ITEM WILL BE RELISTED. I GIVE THE SAME FEEDBACK AS YOU GIVE ME. ALWAYS ASK ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE. IF I WRITE AS IS IN THE AD, THAT MEANS NO RETURNS. IF YOU PAYING BY MONEY ORDER, YOU MUST INCLUDE A PRINTED PAGE OF THE SELL OR ITEM WILL NOT SHIP. THE PRINTED PAGE MUST HAVE THE ITEM NUMBER.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:07 pm 

Badmike wrote:
ExTSR wrote:

LOL Frank beat me to the punch.  Hey a $3 Ship Pig can't be all that bad, at least you could kill it for bacon? What is a fair price for a Ship pig anyway?

I smell another "Creature Feature" coming on...  :)

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:32 pm 

That is uncanny. My next creature, which should be out this week, has to do with shipping.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:14 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:That is uncanny. My next creature, which should be out this week, has to do with shippig.

Uncanny? Hogwash, I say! :D

=
*oops... unauthorised edit* ;)

And I feel sorry for some of that seller's customers, too, judging by their feedback.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:15 pm 

Ouch...unless you REALLY need a 3rd print PHB and a (1st? ) print MM  8O

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 1:30 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Looks like someone wrote a book about EBay:

Advanced Dungeons and Dragons Books | eBay

"I give the same feedback as you give me."

Sellers who use feedback as blackmail annoy me.  If I have bid and paid it is now the seller's duty to properly ship.

Since my part is done as soon as I pay, I expect feedback at that time.  

Mark   8)

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 1:37 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Looks like someone wrote a book about EBay:

eBay

"I give the same feedback as you give me."

Sellers who use feedback as blackmail annoy me.  If I have bid and paid it is now the seller's duty to properly ship.

Mark   8)

I can't agree more. Sad part is that this is becoming the exception and not the rule. Maybe as sellers we should start posting negative feedbacks on sellers who don't post feedback. Be sure to state that we got the item it was fine but seller blackmails feedback.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:03 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:   "I give the same feedback as you give me."

Mark   8)

I am agree too. I had a very hard discussion with cougar about this fact... (yes shame on me, I bought to him...)

ebay should block buyer feedback until seller post his feedback. And the problem will be solve. If the buyer is not able to post his feedback, the seller will be forced to post it before. I have email eBay many times about this, but never had any answer...

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 73 of 113123 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 111112113