Formerly laughable item descriptions
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 71 of 113123 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 111112113
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 7:46 am 

Marlith wrote:There have been posts here where I and others have hinted or even said that it sometimes seems that not everyone is in on the joke. I think this is due to the closeness of some of the relationships here and nothing intentional though to new members it might seem as if people were being left out of some threads. It is possible that the same thing occurs there and I would suspect it does and I have just not encountered it yet.

Let me just grab my torch of never ending light and dust off my +2 pitch fork  :lol:

No doubt once you have any group of individuals that have known each other for a while the conversations from an outside perspective will appear a little cryptic.  This still doesn't justify:

KM32 wrote:One, I do not deal with those "people" at that site and I will also add that the Acaeum is certainly not as correct as most would like them to be...

Now this is just one immature individual.  However, I am sensing that this attitude is a little more widespread at DF. Hopefully someone will prove me wrong.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:23 am 

lawrenson wrote:
Xaxaxe wrote:ST1 threads tend to get heated. The damn thing just attracts controversy ...

No it doesn't...   :wink:

Yes, they do. :twisted:  :lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:39 am 

As far as KM32 goes, here is some of the first few posts that I ever read over on DF were here:

KewlMarine32 wrote:I am a completist...

I have everything published for D&D since 1977 except for some of  the rare tournament modules (well, I have ST1-Up the Gardens Path)...

I will continue to purchase more as i troll on Ebay because my intent is to own at least 3 to five copies of everything...

Over the last 20 years, i have amassed just at 13,218 lbs worth of RPG books from various companies from the early editions of D&D (1977) to 3.5...

KewlMarine32 wrote:
Now you make me feel like an idiot. From around '79 to about '85-86 I was on the autoship list and got a copy of everything TSR produced. I gave boxes of modules away after I got married and then wrote them and they quit shipping to me.

As was I...  I am VERY pleased to say that I have 3 of everything for 1st and 2nd Edition except for B12 and that damn Combat wheel of which i have 2 (i found them in the packing)...;-)

The guy is a feckin piece of sh*t liar. I can't stand people like that.  I really like where he says that he will continue to pick up lots more stuff on EBay, yet when you look at his EBay feedback its at 139 and almost all of his last purchases have been Minis: :roll:

eBay Feedback Profile for kewlmarine32

Christ, he can't even spell the name of the module right.  :roll:  The thing that really kills me though is that I have called him out on DF at least 3 times to prove his wild claims and this is the response that I got:

KewlMarine32 wrote:The reason i do that BCLARKIE is that in the event someone needs something, I can provide it to them...  

The reason I do let people on this board know what I have is that in the event they want a review of the product, i will give it if asked...

The reason I tell people on this board that I have what I have is that in the event that I have extra copies (which I do), i will gladly sell them the copy for little or nothing...

And for what it is worth, I can brag about what I want...  I do not answer to you...

Whatever.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:03 am 

bclarkie wrote:As far as KM32 goes, here is some of the first few posts that I ever read over on DF were here:

That's just KewlMarine32 being KewlMarine32.  *sigh*  Don't think that he is representative of Dragonsfoot members.  Dragonsfoot is a larger, more generalized site than the Acaeum, and I don't know if it has a typical member.

Y'all already know that, but I am Master of the Obvious.

KM32 recently returned to Dragonsfoot after a long hiatus, so give him a chance to adjust.  Or not.   :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:06 am 

well! i can see maxwell will fit in there perfectly.

who really cares about how many items you have and all that?

sheesh.

glad i didnt venture over there now.

i would rather chat n discuss stuff with ppl i regard as friends.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:11 am 

bclarkie wrote:
lawrenson wrote:
No it doesn't...   :wink:

No it does not!   :twisted:  :lol:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:26 am 

killjoy32 wrote:well! i can see maxwell will fit in there perfectly.

who really cares about how many items you have and all that?

sheesh.

glad i didnt venture over there now.

i would rather chat n discuss stuff with ppl i regard as friends.

Al

Don't get me wrong, I do think DF is a cool place. KM32 is not very well liked by a lot of people over there and they usually just flat out ignore his posts whether its something useful or not. :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:28 am 

well i think i will just stay here. i post enough times here anyway and dont feel the need to spread my gospel further afield than i already do :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:08 pm 

lawrenson wrote:
bclarkie wrote:

No it does not!   :twisted:  :lol:

Damnit, yes it DOES!

Jesus!

++++++

Anyone got a laughable item to post? This thread has taken on all sorts of different personalities over the past 2-3 pages ... :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:10 pm 

well its nice to see that we all stay on topic isnt it :D

ah well what the hell - its all fun :)

Al

*goes off to look for a laughable item to post here*

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:16 pm 

I can't see judging Dragonsfoot by a few posts or a negative comment.  

I'm sure most of what goes on there is just great.  They have a lot to offer, including great access to some industry figures.

One or two people can't wreck all that.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:33 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
*goes off to look for a laughable item to post here*

Here is one:

Ad&d 2nd Edition | eBay

Nothing about the auction itself is particularly funny, except when you take into consideration that the seller placed this in the Featured Items.  Generally, when you have $50 or $60 worth of books to sell, generating an EBay listing cost of ~$20 is probably not the best way to do it.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:42 pm 

For the last time, yes it does!

Whoops, sorry — got excited there for a second.

Also, referencing the above, why do so many people not look at their listings with a critical eye? I mean, really: bold and italic text? Is the point to make the listing as difficult to read as possible?

The "little things" can be very important on eBay: a clean-looking listing, correct spelling, a keyword-rich title, at least one photo, clear terms, etc. We could fill threads upon threads with D&D sellers who don't even hit the minimums.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:36 pm 

Ad&d 2nd Edition | eBay

Note the mix of block, ingot, and medallion logos, i.e. mixed printings.

Now if they were all 1st printings, that'd be worthwhile.

Yes I do accumulate (rather than collect) these in the different printings/logos.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:42 pm 

ExTSR wrote: Ad&d 2nd Edition | eBay

Yes I do accumulate (rather than collect) these in the different printings/logos.

I do as well, I have at least 5 printings of the Priests handbook 8O

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 7:19 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:
ExTSR wrote: Ad&d 2nd Edition | eBay

I do as well, I have at least 5 printings of the Priests handbook 8O

Wow..I do know they went up in price through the years when I bought mine (I believe I got mine from the begining when they started to come out), but I didn't think there was that many printings. So now I have to ask, is there a site that distinguishes printings like the Acaeum does for 2nd edition material? (TSR archive does not in this instance any rate) Or is it only the logos and price that change on these books?

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 7:24 pm 

Oh and back on topic and on that note:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8805052275

Got a paint ball gun..can trade it for this.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 7:54 pm 

I noticed the paintball auction. I carry a spare in the car, and I was thinking it might be worth it to trade it off. It isn't a semiauto or anything special, so I have no qualms about parting with it. And the price to get a slightly better one would be FAR less than the value of the books.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 71 of 113123 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 111112113