Formerly laughable item descriptions
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 69 of 113123 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 111112113
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:11 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:
Damn it stop it with all the quotes. :P

what quote?

Did I miss something?  :roll:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:11 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:
Damn it stop it with all the quotes. :P

what quote?

As usual Al has the most quotes  :lol:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:24 pm 

improvstone wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:
what quote?

Here a quote, there a quote!  Everywhere a quote quote!  Old Acaeum had a quoate EI EI O!!!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:15 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:
improvstone wrote:

Here a quote, there a quote!  Everywhere a quote quote!  Old Acaeum had a quoate EI EI O!!!

And I just posted on Dragonsfoot that the Acaeum is generally less off-topic. (in response to the Acaeum being referred to as "snooty").  :roll:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:29 pm 

zhowar wrote:
Blackmoor wrote:

And I just posted on Dragonsfoot that the Acaeum is generally less off-topic. (in response to the Acaeum being referred to as "snooty").  :roll:

Well, we don't off-topic that often so we might as well enjoy it. :wink:  

Heh, "snooty", whatever. :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:36 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
zhowar wrote:

That's kinda funny....someone on Dragonsfoot saying we're "snooty".  I signed up over there about 3 or 4 months ago.  I still haven't posted anything cause I never can figure out what the heck they are talking about.

They can all go "quote" themselves.  :P

By the way...anyone noticed how the thread is slowing down exponentially the more we keep "quoting" each other?  I think we are reaching some sort of "critical mass" here.  I hope the forum doesnt implode.  :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:44 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote: By the way...anyone noticed how the thread is slowing down exponentially the more we keep "quoting" each other?  I think we are reaching some sort of "critical mass" here.  I hope the forum doesnt implode.  :D

Yes, so I am breaking the string.  25 is plenty. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:45 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:

That's kinda funny....someone on Dragonsfoot saying we're "snooty".  I signed up over there about 3 or 4 months ago.  I still haven't posted anything cause I never can figure out what the heck they are talking about.

They can all go "quote" themselves.  :P

By the way...anyone noticed how the thread is slowing down exponentially the more we keep "quoting" each other?  I think we are reaching some sort of "critical mass" here.  I hope the forum doesnt implode.  :D

Snooty? How are we snooty ... ?  Now if the forum dones implode Foul is going to kill us  :twisted:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:46 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Yes, so I am breaking the string.  25 is plenty. :)

26 ... had to beat dragonsfoot

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:56 pm 

improvstone wrote:   Now if the forum dones implode Foul is going to kill us  :twisted:

Well, if the forum breaks, I'm telling. :twisted:  :lol:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:57 pm 

zhowar wrote:And I just posted on Dragonsfoot that the Acaeum is generally less off-topic. (in response to the Acaeum being referred to as "snooty").  :roll:

I like to see this ... can you post a link to the thread?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:14 am 

improvstone wrote:
zhowar wrote:And I just posted on Dragonsfoot that the Acaeum is generally less off-topic. (in response to the Acaeum being referred to as "snooty").  :roll:

Dragonsfoot • Information

To be fair, the poster later said that that was probably not the best choice of words and his actual beef seems to be about a bad buying experience. Bclarkie has been having a civil discussion with him.

ST1 threads sure stir up a lot of emotion, eh?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:22 am 

zhowar wrote:
improvstone wrote:

Dragonsfoot • Information

To be fair, the poster later said that that was probably not the best choice of words and his actual beef seems to be about a bad buying experience. Bclarkie has been having a civil discussion with him.

ST1 threads sure stir up a lot of emotion, eh?

Yep.  Clangador seems like a good guy to me, but I have a different opinion of "I have 3 of everything" KM32.  Did I mention that I feckin hate bullsh*ters. :x

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 1:05 am 

zhowar wrote:ST1 threads sure stir up a lot of emotion, eh?

Every single time — and for a crap giveaway that is rare only through a series of odd circumstances.

Its popularity is utterly lost on me ... but I suppose I can see where the "It Must Be Mine!" crowd tends to get emotional, since for some of them, it's probably one of the few items left to obtain.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 1:56 am 

bclarkie wrote:Yep.  Clangador seems like a good guy to me, but I have a different opinion of "I have 3 of everything" KM32.  Did I mention that I feckin hate bullsh*ters. :x

3 of everything huh. go and ask him has he got 3 1st print tegel manors (certainly bet he hasnt) or even 10 1st print frontire forts of kelnore in sealed original envelopes (no feckin chance) etc...3 of everything my arse. 3 blasted land? er nah

'nuff said

Al

ps. i feckin hate ppl like that. who really cares?

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 1:58 am 

Xaxaxe wrote:
zhowar wrote:ST1 threads sure stir up a lot of emotion, eh?
... but I suppose I can see where the "It Must Be Mine!" crowd tends to get emotional, since for some of them, it's probably one of the few items left to obtain.

From what I read of the thread it wasn't the ST1 that was the issue but the bitterness toward the acaeum.  To my way of thinking it isn't a bout them and us.  We are talking about one gaming community with different forums for different interest within the gaming community.  

The snootiness remark was interesting as I have consitently seen new members welcomed here with open arms (expected the few who act like complete and uter dills).  I wait to see wether I am welcomed with open arms over there!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:08 am 

improvstone wrote:The snootiness remark was interesting as I have consitently seen new members welcomed here with open arms (expected the few who act like complete and uter dills).  I wait to see wether I am welcomed with open arms over there!

i was considering also registering over there too some time ago, but just didnt get around to it. when i sat down and started to read through all the stuff that was being discussed, it just kinda put me off for some reason. dunno what it was exactly, but tbh, i like the ppl here and i can discuss what i want here anyway, so why go over there and pretty much duplicate it there too? doesnt seem to be a point in doing that to me and i can talk all i want here anyhow :)

as mike says, i can reply to anything here (and often do). :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:12 am 

I was referring to ST1 in general, not that specific thread at DF (which I rarely, rarely visit, and have a difficult time really caring about).

My point: it doesn't matter where the discussion takes place — here, DF, rpg.net, ENworld, what-have-you — ST1 threads tend to get heated. The damn thing just attracts controversy ...

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 69 of 113123 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 111112113