Formerly laughable item descriptions
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 58 of 113123 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 111112113
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:56 pm 

Thanks Bombadil.

Yes, it's difficult for both us, but we're coping. As far as the various doctors we've seen can tell, the memory loss is permanent; although she retains basic abilties such as speech, reading etc all knowledge of her previous 25 years of life, including parents, family, and even me, is gone for good.

Thank you for the welcome  :)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:07 pm 

Halondiyr wrote:Thanks Bombadil.

Yes, it's difficult for both us, but we're coping. As far as the various doctors we've seen can tell, the memory loss is permanent; although she retains basic abilties such as speech, reading etc all knowledge of her previous 25 years of life, including parents, family, and even me, is gone for good.

Thank you for the welcome  :)

Sorry for pushing, but this is a matter I'm quite curious about. Beyond the basic abilities, does she keep the non-basic ones? For example: if she knew how to ski or swim or drive when she was young, is she still able to do that?

However, I am sorry to hear about this. I hope that she can replace the lost memories with good ones.

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:14 pm 

That's alright Guerret.

No, she holds a driver's licence, but has not only forgotten how to drive, did not know what cars were when it first happened. Even now she is reluctant to use any form of motorised transport. The first few weeks after it happened were spent (apart from being in hospital) explaining what rain was, that the TV wasn't a box with little people stuck in it etc. For all intents and purposes, she has returned to a very child-like state of mind, though she does grasp concepts quickly and is re-learning basic maths, words etc.

Thanks, its a slow process but we're getting there.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:17 pm 

Artists, in general, have a difficult existence, I believe, and to suffer amnesia on top of it must be unbearable.  

The DCS story was a very tragic one indeed.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:14 pm 

I'm new to collecting, but this looks strange to me. Weren't the TSR cards just a response to #the other card game#. Are TSR cards worth the paper they are printed on???

Ad&d Lot: Dungeons & Dragons | eBay

Why do we always have to attack uphill?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:27 pm 

Onlondore wrote:I'm new to collecting, but this looks strange to me. Weren't the TSR cards just a response to #the other card game#. Are TSR cards worth the paper they are printed on???

Definatly this belongs on the laughable price thread.  Some cards were rare but I do not think that price is justifiable.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Onlondore wrote:I'm new to collecting, but this looks strange to me. Weren't the TSR cards just a response to #the other card game#. Are TSR cards worth the paper they are printed on???

Definatly this belongs on the laughable price thread.  Some cards were rare but I do not think that price is justifiable.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:28 pm 

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:36 pm 

I guess you feel pretty strongly about that, eh Jeff?   :lol:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:44 pm 

State your opinion, for God's sake!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:58 pm 

bombadil wrote:I guess you feel pretty strongly about that, eh Jeff?   :lol:

Heh Heh, hard day at work!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:44 pm 

But many of those cards have such wonderful artwork on them! How can you guys say such horrible things?

BTW, this is the start of an opposite sketch.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:08 am 

I think earning a living selling your art is awesome.  If House Morbannon can do it then hooorah for them.   :D

Of course, any artist who lives by their work has to take the poverty with the profits.   :cry:

I'm gonna read that amnesia thread...sounds interesting.

Also, I wasn't necessarily making fun of the poetry.  My own poetry uses the word "dark" a lot too.  What I meant was that any poet who starts out with that line seems to be worth reading.  One way or the other it's gonna be interesting.   :wink:

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:12 am 

Thanks Mark :)

I know you weren't making fun of it, I just was pointing out that it was just one way of describing blackness. It was meant in a lighthearted way, hence the wink in it :)

Yeah, being able to sell our work is a great feeling, but it's not the most organised and regular way to earn a living. We've been known to make £70-80 from orders in a couple of hours, but there can be times when it's only been a couple of our cards that week. It varies a lot, but we enjoy it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:12 pm 

MTV Party to Go | eBay

Good thing I have a search set up for "looking to start a new party"...

:P

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:53 pm 

mordrin wrote: MTV Party to Go | eBay

Can't even see what they are. One appears to be the Standing Stone, I have no clue about the other one.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:00 pm 

mordrin wrote: MTV Party to Go | eBay

I was going to bid on this, but a click on the shipping calculator reveals a deep shipping gouge.

I'm not bidding on principle.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 58 of 113123 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 111112113