Formerly laughable item descriptions
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 57 of 113123 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 111112113
Author


Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 188
Joined: Jun 30, 2004
Last Visit: Feb 21, 2021
Location: Del Norte, CO

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:55 pm 
 

D&D Basic: Dungeons & Dragons | eBay

Reading between the lines: "We killed dat stoopid dog an used 'is mangy hide fer a cover."

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 572
Joined: Sep 02, 2004
Last Visit: Oct 05, 2022
Location: Cape Cod

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:01 pm 
 

ifearyeti wrote: D&D Basic: Dungeons & Dragons | eBay

Reading between the lines: "We killed dat stoopid dog an used 'is mangy hide fer a cover."


Holy Sh*t that was some poor arse spelling........ 8O That sentence that started " Also my hole assortment " played tricks on me when I first read it...thought it said something about his arsehole

  


Active Collector

Posts: 39
Joined: Feb 15, 2006
Last Visit: Jul 01, 2022
Location: South Carolina

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:32 pm 
 

OMG I couldn't stop laughing.  Oooooo that was my good laugh for the day.

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 4752
Joined: Oct 31, 2004
Last Visit: Jun 25, 2022
Location: Garland, TX

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:18 pm 
 

Lordan wrote:
ifearyeti wrote: D&D Basic: Dungeons & Dragons | eBay

Reading between the lines: "We killed dat stoopid dog an used 'is mangy hide fer a cover."


Holy Sh*t that was some poor arse spelling........ 8O That sentence that started " Also my hole assortment " played tricks on me when I first read it...thought it said something about his arsehole


Why is it that when I read this description I get the impression that when the guy was typing it up he was listening to "Dueling Banjos" on his stereo?  Gotta remind myself not to go to East Texas anymore.  8O

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7974
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Oct 06, 2022
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:45 am 
 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Lordan wrote:
Holy Sh*t that was some poor arse spelling........ 8O That sentence that started " Also my hole assortment " played tricks on me when I first read it...thought it said something about his arsehole


Why is it that when I read this description I get the impression that when the guy was typing it up he was listening to "Dueling Banjos" on his stereo?  Gotta remind myself not to go to East Texas anymore.  8O


"Guy frm Plaino with hokky jersey came threw here few weeks ago, we cooked him up inna stew and used his jersey to make a dice bag now don't git wrong idear I knoe what you think but don worry we ran him threw B1 before we keeled him..."

Mike B.

 WWW  


Active Collector

Posts: 39
Joined: Feb 15, 2006
Last Visit: Jul 01, 2022
Location: South Carolina

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:56 am 
 

Sitting at the computer laughing at this last eve,

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rules-Cyclopedia-D- ... mZ87709993 08QQcategoryZ44112QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Reading between the lines: "We killed dat stoopid dog an used 'is mangy hide fer a cover."


My son comes up to me asking what was so funny.  I showed him the listing.  His responce was "wow, that's cool looking.  Will you get that for me?  Come on, Dad, I've got the money to pay you for it."  I was chuckling thinking he was being sarcastic.  ......Then I realise he was serious.  Threw him out of my computer room and told him his 13 yr old butt can come back when he gets some sense in his head.

  


Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2884
Joined: Nov 04, 2004
Last Visit: May 09, 2020

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:54 pm 
 

Wait, the dog was wrapped in leather and fur? Don't dogs already come with fur?

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 4752
Joined: Oct 31, 2004
Last Visit: Jun 25, 2022
Location: Garland, TX

Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:22 pm 
 

Dungeons and dragons original white box set D D | eBay

"Got this when I was a wee lad."  

From his spelling and grammar I expect he is still a "wee lad".  :wink:

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5670
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Oct 06, 2022
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:03 pm 
 

Hey, an orignal with some ware and tare is hard tu fynd noww.

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 636
Joined: Sep 14, 2005
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2009
Location: Montreal, Canada

Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:28 pm 
 

Not so much a laughable description, its the "item" itself thats laughable.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8778069010

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 671
Joined: Dec 17, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 13, 2019
Location: Italy

Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:59 pm 
 

NetRodent wrote:Not so much a laughable description, its the "item" itself thats laughable.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8778069010


Terrific! This is really the offspring of power-play mindset!

 ICQ  

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2501
Joined: Feb 07, 2006
Last Visit: Oct 06, 2022
Location: France / Cité des Papes

Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:02 pm 
 

NetRodent wrote:Not so much a laughable description, its the "item" itself thats laughable.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8778069010


An entire Empire with 153653 towns for me please :) and of course I want only differents characters, no duplicates!

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5670
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Oct 06, 2022
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:24 pm 
 

This is why I support the idea of breeding licenses for humans.

My question to the seller:

I'm not sure I understand. You make up the character for me? All the stats and skills? Do you charge extra to play the character, or is that included in the auction price?

 WWW  


Collector

Posts: 9
Joined: Mar 14, 2006
Last Visit: Mar 23, 2006

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:54 am 
 

What exactly is wrong with it?

It's just an oppurtunity for people to have characters designed for them. I fail to see how this item is laughable. I would have thought that gamers of all people would have been more open to ideas than that, guess I'd be wrong though.

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6455
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Sep 10, 2022

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:04 am 
 

Halondiyr wrote:What exactly is wrong with it?

It's just an oppurtunity for people to have characters designed for them. I fail to see how this item is laughable. I would have thought that gamers of all people would have been more open to ideas than that, guess I'd be wrong though.


Why would anyone pay to create a character for you.  Part of the fun of the game is rolling up your character.  Above and beyond from that payiing someone "create" your character for you is attune to paying someone to tie your shoes for you.  Its not like character generation is like changing the engine on your car where only a select few people know how to do it, and by having it done for you really kind of defeats the purpose of playing the game in the first place. I mean seriously, you roll some dice a few times and pick some characteristics for your character, thats it.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 2789
Joined: Feb 10, 2003
Last Visit: Oct 06, 2022
Location: Olde London Towne

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:10 am 
 

...there is a pic on his 'about me' page of the very individual who will likely be rolling up your character...  :D

eBay View About Me for heidi_c


Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

  


Collector

Posts: 9
Joined: Mar 14, 2006
Last Visit: Mar 23, 2006

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:10 am 
 

The item is meant more for NPCs rather than PCs.

Of course the half the fun is in creating your own character, but DMs don't always have the time to flesh out NPCs as fully as they might like to. I've had occaisions where a DM friend has asked me to run off a few characters for him whilst he's been busy writing the notes for a session and didn't have time to do them properly.

I'd have loved to have been able to grab some from online at the time, but no-one ever had anything I liked the sound of.

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 4752
Joined: Oct 31, 2004
Last Visit: Jun 25, 2022
Location: Garland, TX

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:15 am 
 

bclarkie wrote:
Halondiyr wrote:What exactly is wrong with it?

It's just an oppurtunity for people to have characters designed for them. I fail to see how this item is laughable. I would have thought that gamers of all people would have been more open to ideas than that, guess I'd be wrong though.


Why would anyone pay to create a character for you.  Part of the fun of the game is rolling up your character.  Above and beyond from that payiing someone "create" your character for you is attune to paying someone to tie your shoes for you.  Its not like character generation is like changing the engine on your car where only a select few people know how to do it, and by having it done for you really kind of defeats the purpose of playing the game in the first place. I mean seriously, you roll some dice a few times and pick some characteristics for your character, thats it.


Bclarkie beat me to it.  I have the same problem with the auction.  In my opinion it is a bit pathetic to have someone else roll up a character for my use.  As bclarkie said, it takes the fun out of doing it yourself.  Not only that it sounds just plain lazy.  With computers and machines doing the majority of our work nowadays you would think humans have plenty of time to roll up their own PC's.  :roll:

What is really funny about this auction for me is you pay the auction price plus a "small shipping cost" and you get what?  A text file emailed to you or a piece of paper.  No computer generated picture of your PC, no special tyvek folder to keep it in, and no certificate of authenticity letting you know your PC is unique.  Whoop-dee-doo.  8O

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 57 of 113123 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 111112113