Formerly laughable item descriptions
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 57 of 113123 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 111112113
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:55 pm 

D&D Basic: Dungeons & Dragons | eBay

Reading between the lines: "We killed dat stoopid dog an used 'is mangy hide fer a cover."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:01 pm 

ifearyeti wrote: D&D Basic: Dungeons & Dragons | eBay

Reading between the lines: "We killed dat stoopid dog an used 'is mangy hide fer a cover."

Holy Sh*t that was some poor arse spelling........ 8O That sentence that started " Also my hole assortment " played tricks on me when I first read it...thought it said something about his arsehole

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:32 pm 

OMG I couldn't stop laughing.  Oooooo that was my good laugh for the day.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:18 pm 

Lordan wrote:
ifearyeti wrote: D&D Basic: Dungeons & Dragons | eBay

Holy Sh*t that was some poor arse spelling........ 8O That sentence that started " Also my hole assortment " played tricks on me when I first read it...thought it said something about his arsehole

Why is it that when I read this description I get the impression that when the guy was typing it up he was listening to "Dueling Banjos" on his stereo?  Gotta remind myself not to go to East Texas anymore.  8O

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:45 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Lordan wrote:

Why is it that when I read this description I get the impression that when the guy was typing it up he was listening to "Dueling Banjos" on his stereo?  Gotta remind myself not to go to East Texas anymore.  8O

"Guy frm Plaino with hokky jersey came threw here few weeks ago, we cooked him up inna stew and used his jersey to make a dice bag now don't git wrong idear I knoe what you think but don worry we ran him threw B1 before we keeled him..."

Mike B.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:56 am 

Sitting at the computer laughing at this last eve,

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rules-Cyclopedia-D- ... mZ87709993 08QQcategoryZ44112QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

My son comes up to me asking what was so funny.  I showed him the listing.  His responce was "wow, that's cool looking.  Will you get that for me?  Come on, Dad, I've got the money to pay you for it."  I was chuckling thinking he was being sarcastic.  ......Then I realise he was serious.  Threw him out of my computer room and told him his 13 yr old butt can come back when he gets some sense in his head.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:54 pm 

Wait, the dog was wrapped in leather and fur? Don't dogs already come with fur?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:22 pm 

Dungeons and dragons original white box set D D | eBay

"Got this when I was a wee lad."  

From his spelling and grammar I expect he is still a "wee lad".  :wink:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:03 pm 

Hey, an orignal with some ware and tare is hard tu fynd noww.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:28 pm 

Not so much a laughable description, its the "item" itself thats laughable.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8778069010

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:59 pm 

NetRodent wrote:Not so much a laughable description, its the "item" itself thats laughable.

Terrific! This is really the offspring of power-play mindset!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:02 pm 

NetRodent wrote:Not so much a laughable description, its the "item" itself thats laughable.

An entire Empire with 153653 towns for me please :) and of course I want only differents characters, no duplicates!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:24 pm 

This is why I support the idea of breeding licenses for humans.

My question to the seller:

I'm not sure I understand. You make up the character for me? All the stats and skills? Do you charge extra to play the character, or is that included in the auction price?

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:54 am 

What exactly is wrong with it?

It's just an oppurtunity for people to have characters designed for them. I fail to see how this item is laughable. I would have thought that gamers of all people would have been more open to ideas than that, guess I'd be wrong though.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:04 am 

Halondiyr wrote:What exactly is wrong with it?

It's just an oppurtunity for people to have characters designed for them. I fail to see how this item is laughable. I would have thought that gamers of all people would have been more open to ideas than that, guess I'd be wrong though.

Why would anyone pay to create a character for you.  Part of the fun of the game is rolling up your character.  Above and beyond from that payiing someone "create" your character for you is attune to paying someone to tie your shoes for you.  Its not like character generation is like changing the engine on your car where only a select few people know how to do it, and by having it done for you really kind of defeats the purpose of playing the game in the first place. I mean seriously, you roll some dice a few times and pick some characteristics for your character, thats it.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:10 am 

...there is a pic on his 'about me' page of the very individual who will likely be rolling up your character...  :D

eBay View About Me for heidi_c

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:10 am 

The item is meant more for NPCs rather than PCs.

Of course the half the fun is in creating your own character, but DMs don't always have the time to flesh out NPCs as fully as they might like to. I've had occaisions where a DM friend has asked me to run off a few characters for him whilst he's been busy writing the notes for a session and didn't have time to do them properly.

I'd have loved to have been able to grab some from online at the time, but no-one ever had anything I liked the sound of.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:15 am 

bclarkie wrote:
Halondiyr wrote:What exactly is wrong with it?

Why would anyone pay to create a character for you.  Part of the fun of the game is rolling up your character.  Above and beyond from that payiing someone "create" your character for you is attune to paying someone to tie your shoes for you.  Its not like character generation is like changing the engine on your car where only a select few people know how to do it, and by having it done for you really kind of defeats the purpose of playing the game in the first place. I mean seriously, you roll some dice a few times and pick some characteristics for your character, thats it.

Bclarkie beat me to it.  I have the same problem with the auction.  In my opinion it is a bit pathetic to have someone else roll up a character for my use.  As bclarkie said, it takes the fun out of doing it yourself.  Not only that it sounds just plain lazy.  With computers and machines doing the majority of our work nowadays you would think humans have plenty of time to roll up their own PC's.  :roll:

What is really funny about this auction for me is you pay the auction price plus a "small shipping cost" and you get what?  A text file emailed to you or a piece of paper.  No computer generated picture of your PC, no special tyvek folder to keep it in, and no certificate of authenticity letting you know your PC is unique.  Whoop-dee-doo.  8O

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 57 of 113123 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 111112113