Current Tsojconth auction
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:38 am 

The problem is that there is no realistic way to grade this conventionally. 3 hole punching is damage, at least to me it is. So is a damaged module considered VG? Fine? I don't think it can be classified as either.
Myself, I'd cap the limit of what I'd spend on it at $200. Even then, I'd be overspending. I'd rather spend $800-$1,000 for a super nice one than $200 for a bulletholed copy.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:58 pm 

I have to agree with Frank ... I would rather spend a bit more and have a super nice Frank approved one.

The thing that bugged me about the other seller was that it took three emails for herto respond when I enquired about it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:57 am 

Mysterious Merlin has just conjured up another……………….Tsoj  8O

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 41905&rd=1

"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:30 pm 

invincibleoverlord wrote:Mysterious Merlin has just conjured up another……………….Tsoj  8O

erm, have you been reading my posts, Mike? ;)

To be honest, the mention of a 1st edn. Chainmail is more interesting... 8)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:13 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
invincibleoverlord wrote:Mysterious Merlin has just conjured up another……………….Tsoj  8O

erm, have you been reading my posts, Mike? ;)

To be honest, the mention of a 1st edn. Chainmail is more interesting... 8)

its mine!!!!!! nobody else bid! :twisted:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:33 pm 

Harami wrote:

erm, have you been reading my posts, Mike?

I don't just read your posts Harami, I live for them…….. :P , I did read your post about the Mysterious Merlyn, I'm just shocked that it's the forth one in under a month. Do you know the seller?

To be honest, the mention of a 1st edn. Chainmail is more interesting...

I could only dream of a first edition Guidon chain coming to the block. The only thing that bothers me is how it's worded "Keep an eye out for my upcoming listings of 1st Ed. "Chainmail" and "Blackmoor". He's most likely talking about a TSR 3rd edition printing, but I hope my intuition is wrong.

Invincible :roll:

"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:18 pm 

if you bid against me on this one I will be forced to hunt you down!  I'll stab you in the eye with a 30th Anniversary pencil!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:01 pm 

invincibleoverlord wrote:I don't just read your posts Harami, I live for them…….. :P

Flattery is useless: I've got nothing to sell to you, Mike! :D
*lol*.

invincibleoverlord wrote:, I did read your post about the Mysterious Merlyn, I'm just shocked that it's the forth one in under a month. Do you know the seller?

No; not at all. Just know that they sent advance warning to people who bid on the previous copies.
(Free ads as well as attempted scams from elsewhere; great, huh? ;))

invincibleoverlord wrote:I could only dream of a first edition Guidon chain coming to the block. The only thing that bothers me is how it's worded "Keep an eye out for my upcoming listings of 1st Ed. "Chainmail" and "Blackmoor". He's most likely talking about a TSR 3rd edition printing, but I hope my intuition is wrong.

You mean the ones that have "3rd edition" printed on the front cover?
Would be a bit silly to claim "1st edition", if so!

There's one person here who sold a 1st Chainmail privately at the end of October. I only hope it's not now being resold for profit, if the buyer presented themselves as a "collector" at the time...

=

(aside: As for 1st "Blackmoor"s becoming more valuable (and noteworthy), recently; well, I suppose that's not entirely a bad thing, and has justification in the context of things. JMO, of course).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:38 pm 

No, I doubt he has it wrong. I'd bet it is a 1st. Mine went pretty cheap last year, and I got it far cheaper than that. I'd guess it would go for well over $500, probably $800 or so.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:49 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:No, I doubt he has it wrong. I'd bet it is a 1st. Mine went pretty cheap last year, and I got it far cheaper than that. I'd guess it would go for well over $500, probably $800 or so.

Are you sure you don't want to see the condition first, Frank? Might have plaster dust on the cover! :D

(...Or are you just happy to be escaping the "rat race", yourself? ;))

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:14 pm 

Plaster dust doesn't bother me... I might see if I can remove some of it... or perhaps I'll just move it so it covers the word '2nd edition' and put it back up on ebay.

Regards

Mike

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:07 pm 

harami2000 wrote:

You mean the ones that have "3rd edition" printed on the front cover?
Would be a bit silly to claim "1st edition", if so

I don't know, again its how he grouped them together 1st edition "Chainmail & Blackmore". Again I think he's referring to OD&D, but believe me I'm hopeful. Hell I'd love for a TSR 3rd edition first print to come up as well. It just seems like if it was a Guidon 1st edition he'd have worded it that way. I don't know…………Someone e-mail him I'm to lazy, but no BIN or I'm sending draco76 after you to do his deed.

if you bid against me on this one I will be forced to hunt you down! I'll stab you in the eye with a 30th Anniversary pencil!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:19 pm 

Excuse me, how many Tsojconths were sold or traded this year?

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:35 pm 

Hard to say, Ralf. I think that stash of 10 copies makes it more available than Tamo or Ghost. IF it ever went to market. I'm beginning to wonder, too, if it was released commercially. I've heard from quite a few people that they bought their copy in a Mom & Pop game store back when it came out. It's a guess, but perhaps TSR sent promo/leftover copies out to certain stores after the tourney. Why? Same reason I don't believe for a minute that the extra St1's were pulped: TSR was too frigging cheap. I know I would have been. I know that the Tamoes sold out, since my #297 came from the tournament itself, so at best they had 3 copies left over. I'd say Ghost was the same. Fazzle too, and as I've said before, until I see or get irrefutable proof that 2nd prints Fazzles exist, I maintain that there ARE no 2nd's.
Soooooooooooo, I'd say that Tsoj/ST1 are the most common tourneys out there, followed by Ghost, then Tamo, then Fazzle. Just my 2 cents. WHich is worth about 1/2 penny right now, since the goddam dollar is hardly worth using to wipe my kid's butt.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:44 pm 

I got off my lazy ass and e-mailed him about the chainmail, curiosity was killing me. I'll post his reply if I get one.

Previous