Just had an excellent transaction with Noble Knight
Author

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:08 pm 

The recent threads regarding problems with Noble Knight had me a little worried when I placed an order last week.

My previous experiences have been excellent. My most recent experience was also excellent. The item was as described, well-packaged and shipped quickly.  Shipping was domestic USA.

If I see an item at Noble Knight I want to purchase in the future I won't hesistate to do so. This is simply my personal experience with Noble Knight and my opinion of the company.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:21 pm 

I just had one that could have been better.  I ordered a copy of spires of iron and crystal, Mullen cover, which was listed as "mint/new".  It arrived quickly enough, and they had printed "do not bend" on it, so that my mailman didn't try to contort it into my mailbox, but since they had packed it in just a plastic bag put inside an envelope, it still arrived severely creased across the spine in a couple of spots.  I will take partial responsibility, as I didn't give them special instructions to put cardboard around it; didn't think I would need to.  Next time, I will.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:40 am 

I've ordered from NK several times, over the past year. I only had a real issue with one order, which they quickly resolved to my satisfaction. It was definitely something they should have caught, though.

Two other orders arrived with unlisted defects which, while minor and not grave enough, that I thought it necessary to complain, I did feel warranted them mentioning. The defects were non-typical and I didn't consider their burden of disclosure to be adequately covered by just a grade/condition descriptor.

I think they're sometimes sloppy in describing and probably inspecting their used items. But, given their willingness to resolve the one issue I brought to their attention and the speed with which they did so, I don't have any qualms about ordering from them. And I've been very pleased with most of my purchases from NK.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:38 am 

Never said they were troubled in regards to shipping.
That companies biggest problem continues to be with its e-Bay and in house vague and/or misleading descriptions and misleading/incorrect stock photos.

Like this e-Bay listing which was first mentioned in this forum several months ago... yet was never fixed...

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

TSR Basic Dungeons & Dragons (Original Edition) - Modules & Adventures - Assorted Jade Hare, The (EX)

Manufacturer: TSR
Product Line: Basic Dungeons & Dragons (Original Edition) - Modules & Adventures - Assorted
Type: Module
Code: TSR9259
Copyright Date: 1992
Author: John Nephew
Page Count: 8

Product Description:

Rare TSR promo module.

Long ago the wisdom of the Prophet, Al-Kalim, came to the village of Dar el-Tamyya, and taught the folk to disregard their idols of old. But they kept one, to remember their ancient past and the wisdom of their ancestors. They also kept it because they believed it to be magical, blessed to protect the village form harm.

Now the idol has been taken. Yesterday a small band of goblins raided Dar el-Tamyya, but strangely enough they killed no people and only took the Jade Hare. This has led Qadi Ibn Ali, the judge who is the recognized leader of Dar el-Tamyya, to conclude that the goblins were working for someone. But who?

The Jade Hare is a Dungeons & Dragons game adventure, designed for a party of 4-6 first level characters. As usual, a variety of character classes will be most useful. Because the adventure's short, you and your players should be able to finish in just one session, even if you must generate player characters in the same evening. This is the same as originally issued via the TSR Hobby Shop, an 8-page module, sans cover. It is estimated that somewhere between 5 and 10 covers were produced for this module. This product shows a picture of the cover for completeness.

Please note that this item does not come with a cover since it was published without one. A few TSR in house copies with a cover do exist and are worth many thousands more!

Never mind that you do not learn there is no cover until the LAST line of the description.
Not in the Title either...

So DONT SHOW THE STOCK PHOTO of the Jade Hare Cover since (as you stated) the item you are selling in that listing NEVER CAME WITH ONE ANYWAY!
Not only a stock photo, but it is NOT of the the item being sold... So, they figure its OK to post a $400 listing without a photo of the item being sold?
They could just as easily have posted a stock photo of Abe Lincoln for this one...  :roll:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:38 pm 

I would like to add that I have had excellent transactions with NKG for the past 12 years or so. The prices are fair. Their inventory is impressive to say the least. Those that register can maintain a "wish list" that instantly send an email notification when a desired item is in stock. Aaron and Rick have always been helpful and courteous. Orders are processed quickly, shipped fast, and the packaging cannot be beat. I cannot be happier with NKG service and my many years of patronage is a testament.

If any buyer wishing to purchase a collectible comes across a canned description and stock photo, I would recommend privately contact the vendor to confirm the condition, ask if the contents are complete, especially if fold-out maps, dice, or other accessories are included, inquire if books have any markings, page tears, removed inserts, etc., as well as exposure to mold, water, smoke, and other harmful contaminants.

Just my two cents.