the one that got away....
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:52 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:I have that one, Marlith. Boguth it a long time ago. I don't recall seeing it before or since.

If I'm following the actual subject of this mini-thread properly (and I may not be, haven't slept much since the weekend before last), I picked up a bagged Elric for about $20-25 shipped a few months ago, and they definitely come up semi-regularly on eBay.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:00 am 

Thanks for all the input....so there is hope. I normally don't spend a lot of time in the traditional games area. I may have to make a point of visiting it more reguarly.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:39 am 

yea it looks like a pretty cool item to have - could be tempted myself. i read all the moorcock books years ago and enjoyed the material - would be interesting to see how it looks from a RPG viewpoint.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:44 am 

harami2000 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Hmmm did I miss something with this one:

Late TSR FITS; $10. Don't think so.
Did John not win a copy for £1?

Correct.  Or was it 99p?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:51 am 

bclarkie wrote:
harami2000 wrote::(
Had been expecting to see you on that, Allan, but thought the price had maybe raced away too high for you? :?

BidNip:: Nip it in the Bid sry! ^^

You may be better off. The seller jerked me around quite a bit on those. She actually approached me asking to see if I was interested in all 8 at $19.99 apiece as I was the current high bidder. I had planned to buy all 8 and then sell them to members at cost becuase while I was leading a few people emailed me saying that if I won they would want to buy one too. Well the seller and I both agreed to the sale, but then I got an email this morning saying "well someone else has now bid on it so there is nothing I can do about it" :x . Anyway, Mishra is looking for interested parties as he will be able to get as may as he wants for $31.00 a pop. If anyone is interested let him know, but you count me out of that.

I just saw another one of these up for auction and it got me thinking. I looked at the seller I bought from closed auctions and they ended up selling the other seven with a BIN close to what you talked about. I am not good at matching forum members with ebay names. Who here got one if anyone? I just ask them why they would not have made me the offer if they were going to post them at a BIN price.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:13 pm 

It looks like Brendon<addermcone> took one and then good ole auction shiller dungeondad bought 2 others. :roll:  After the intial auction was over she came back to me trying to sell them to me for $25.00 apiece, but due to the way she f*cked me over I didn't even bother to respond.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:48 pm 

bclarkie wrote:It looks like Bradon<addermcone> took one and then good ole auction shiller dungeondad bought 2 others. :roll:  After the intial auction was over she came back to me trying to sell them to me for $25.00 apiece, but due to the way she f*cked me over I didn't even bother to respond.

Auction shiller? Care to let me know about this. I was unaware.

Glad someone here got one at a good price. Sorry not everyone that might have didn't. I still feel bad about this series of events. Not sure who the other buyers are then.

I had tried to work a deal out like you had for the others at a lower price but they had said they had a buyer for all of them at the price I paid. Sorry again for unknowingly messes up a good deal.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:49 pm 

Marlith wrote:
bclarkie wrote:It looks like Bradon<addermcone> took one and then good ole auction shiller dungeondad bought 2 others. :roll: After the intial auction was over she came back to me trying to sell them to me for $25.00 apiece, but due to the way she f*cked me over I didn't even bother to respond.

Auction shiller? Care to let me know about this. I was unaware.

Glad someone here got one at a good price. Sorry not everyone that might have didn't. I still feel bad about this series of events. Not sure who the other buyers are then.

I had tried to work a deal out like you had for the others at a lower price but they had said they had a buyer for all of them at the price I paid. Sorry again for unknowingly messes up a good deal.

I actually posted about him a couple of times.  He used to go under the EBay handle of mikewyner until I nailed him for shilling back in May or so.  Here are some posts about him:

bclarkie wrote:
Reindeergamez wrote:Anyone ever deal with "mikewyner"?

I bought a little mostly worthless d20 lot from him. (Actually didn't buy it for the resell factor so much as I was trying to get ahold of one particular module for a friend) My cost including shipping was only $20, so not a huge deal even if it goes sour.

I notice he's now "not a registered user" and doesn't respond to my emails.

Oddly enough he's located in the next town over from me so maybe he'll be more inclined to work with me when he finds that out.

I guess I've been lucky, I've never really even had to worry about getting ripped off before. It's only been around 10 days so it's still not hopeless, but I'm not crossing my fingers.

Filed the paypal complaint against him, but they say the transaction wasn't protected with the buyer protection thingie so I'm probably out of luck.

A littlle birdy tells me mikewyner is no longer a registered user because he was shilling his own auctions with 2 different user ids....................

bclarkie wrote:
As a follow up to this one as well, MIKEWYNER is back on EBay after his temporary suspension for shilling and has now changed his EBay User ID to DUNGEONDAD . Everyone should be aware of this when dealing with him that he has shilled in the past.

Here is feedback:

eBay Feedback Profile for dungeondad

And here is his user ID history:

Welcome to eBay

He also posted here a couple of time back in August bitching about Cougar and making fun of some other moron who I busted for shilling. :roll:   Needless to say when I posted asking him about his own shilling, he went away never to return. :twisted:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:14 pm 

I thought I was getting away with this one, too.  Nice win, chromaticknight!

cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... T&rd=1

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:19 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:I thought I was getting away with this one, too. Nice win, chromaticknight!

4th print right? I don't see any ref sheets in there though. :?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:26 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:I thought I was getting away with this one, too. Nice win, chromaticknight!

4th print right? I don't see any ref sheets in there though. :?

Yep.  I've seen ref sheets before, not all that impressed. ;)

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:41 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:4th print right? I don't see any ref sheets in there though. :?

Yep. I've seen ref sheets before, not all that impressed. ;)

:roll:

The 4th(-) print correction/ref sheets are not duplicated by any other printing. You cannot just throw in 3rd, 5th or whatever print sheets to make it complete.

Were y'both happy enough 'bout the condition of the books; or the somewhat hidden box, for that matter?
(And, yes, it's definitely not a rarity "3" item. One of those days that might finally change...).

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:07 am 

Thanks! I actually bumped up my snipe before I went to work tonight. I didnt have a 4th minus set yet, so wasnt too concerned with its shape.
Do you have any extra ref sheets laying around the castle there Faro?  :D

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:33 pm 

chromaticknight wrote:Thanks! I actually bumped up my snipe before I went to work tonight. I didnt have a 4th minus set yet, so wasnt too concerned with its shape.
Do you have any extra ref sheets laying around the castle there Faro? :D

A negative on that, I'm afraid. Sorry :?

I do have more than one set of sheets for the 4th-, but unfortunately not enough to cover the number of sets of books, or even boxes, perhaps.

There have been one or two 4th- "books only" in poor condition, but with ref sheets present (and sometimes in better condition) slip through the net.
Well worth keeping your eyes open for those.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:14 am 

Anyone notice the same bidder won both recent Bio One auctions:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8757920271

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8757920344

Greedy bastard.  :P

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:49 am 

Yeah, no one here ever bids on items they already have...........
Don't feel so bad, though. Bio One's cover is green, and those are NOT green.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:28 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:Yeah, no one here ever bids on items they already have...........
Don't feel so bad, though. Bio One's cover is green, and those are NOT green.

but does that not then start leading to the question of a LOT of ummmmm fake materials? its not the first time it has been mentioned about something not being the way it should....

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:33 am 

Any chance that those are just bad pictures. All of her pictures seem to be a bit off on color. I don't know if its poor lighting or if its the camera, but for instance look at this Pegasus:

Magazine Issues | eBay

as opposed to:

Pegasus 5

Could be that.

PreviousNext