the one that got away....
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 44 of 53123 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 515253
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:24 am 

stratochamp wrote in the one that got away....:
Lurker Below wrote in the one that got away....:Somebody picked up a nice pair of orange Character Record Sheet pads and an unpunched TSR War of Wizards.  ** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Against you folks, it's bid high or go home.

LB

thanks for noticing my pair. in all seriousness, i'll be curious to see what the top sheet looks like on the character sheet pad, as i've not seen one with that before.

Bill---

When you're able, would you please post a picture of the cover?

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:50 pm 

Here's a Pharaoh that sold almost immediately the other night, the sister of the Rahasia that's currently up:  

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Auction Hunter found it and posted it, which is where I think the buyer probably spotted it.  Unfortunately, there's a bug in my code that purges auctions, and it purged that auction.  I wanted it posted somewhere here for records-keeping purposes.Foul

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:50 am 

I've always thought I should be collecting Harn... I have an original Harnworld from when I was a kid and had the poster map hung in my room.  I love maps!

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:47 pm 

Thunderdave wrote in the one that got away....:I've always thought I should be collecting Harn...

Definitely!

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:48 am 

Missed this one by four minutes, last week.

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Looked back through the seller's history and saw this.

I got lucky with two smaller items, and some Acaeum regulars also got some bargains as well.

LB

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:27 am 

8O  8O

Completed listing is just WOW!

It seems that someone told her that her prices was too low...

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:54 pm 

Double post please delete

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Last edited by JasonZavoda on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:54 pm 

Lurker Below wrote in the one that got away....:Missed this one by four minutes, last week.

I got lucky with two smaller items, and some Acaeum regulars also got some bargains as well.

LB

Wow, this seller got boned.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:59 am 

don't you hate finding something you are looking for in the completed section on ebay.. in a section you never look in.. Grrr

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:06 am 

I let a 4th or 5th print D&D white box go early this week, it had 4-5 supplements too.  Box looked to be in great shape, and one of the books was a 1st print I believe.  All of it went for around $275... but outside my current post-GenCon2013 budget.  This darn white box is one of the few items I wanted to get at GenCon but was outbid on each of them.  Oh well, I'll get one next year I hope!

~throwi

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:36 am 

5th. Looked pretty good apart from fairly heavy staple rust, initials and ink stamp(?) on one cover. US-only might've helped keep the end price down a bit but some OCEs without "extras" are still going for pretty much the same.

vs.

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:58 am 

Lurker Below wrote in the one that got away....:Missed this one by four minutes, last week.

LB

OMG  8O  I think I'm going to be sick  :pale: OMFG  :puker:  :pukel:  I even had a few items from seller in my Watch List, but never saw these listed. I need to lie down.

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:01 am 

throwi wrote in the one that got away....:I let a 4th or 5th print D&D white box go early this week, it had 4-5 supplements too.  Box looked to be in great shape, and one of the books was a 1st print I believe.  All of it went for around $275... but outside my current post-GenCon2013 budget.  This darn white box is one of the few items I wanted to get at GenCon but was outbid on each of them.  Oh well, I'll get one next year I hope!

~throwi

Here is a nice 4th print set and the booklets appear to be in great shape ... check it out  :bounce:

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:15 am 

I haven't checked but that one should have a sticker. ;)

(Nice $30+ surcharge - on the current $100 - for anyone bidding from over here).

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:23 am 

PM-Knight wrote in the one that got away....:

Here is a nice 4th print set and the booklets appear to be in great shape ... check it out  :bounce:

Thanks PM-Knight, in my watch list now.  Maybe, just maybe, I can get one before I die.  ;-)

~throwi

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:06 am 

throwi wrote in the one that got away....:
PM-Knight wrote in the one that got away....:

Thanks PM-Knight, in my watch list now.  Maybe, just maybe, I can get one before I die.  ;-)

~throwi

Perhaps listing the set on two threads isn't the best way to keep the price down, though? ;)

The 4ths are still relatively underrated, IMO. As had been noted before I doubt that oft-repeated "25,000 copies" comment ever applied to that print alone -- perhaps to all 4ths and 5ths combined, at a push, but there's no single, bulk printing for that number of copies apparent in the various transitional forms and numbers of copies seen of each. 02c, anyhow. :)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:40 pm 

... might've gone higher with more advance notice?

(nm...)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:00 pm 

This 5th printing looks like it is in alright shape for the price and the dice add a certain cool factor (except where is the 6 sided?)

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 44 of 53123 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 515253