the one that got away....
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 41 of 53123 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 515253
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:40 pm 

dam it Bill now I'm going to have to check my two at some stage as well..

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:47 pm 

stratochamp wrote:i knew about the counters in my WF#1 because they are obviously stapled to the back of the magazine. i did not realize until recently that they are also in WF#2 and WF#3, because they are inside tiny little paper envelopes. when i found this out i rushed (as if that was going to change anything) to my shelves, but sanity returned when i discovered the envelope holding the counters hiding between the pages of both...

so John, what is it you wanted to know about WF#1 ?

I was hoping to get a scan of those counters.
There are no bags, or envelopes stapled to any of my copies of Wyrms Footnotes.
One of my issue #1 copies has a page inside (not numbered) that was cut (top half gone) it is on heavier stock red paper.
That seems to be where the counters were.
The counters have been removed and are not present.
Now I find out that my copies of Issues 2 and 3 are also missing counters :!:

Well...  CRAP!

FWIW: None of the WF books I have, have ever had staple holes on the back cover except for the ones that are holding the magazines together.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:01 pm 

This was a pretty nice pickup for an Acaeum member:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

After it hit $60 or so I figured bidding again would have been an exercise in futility.  :)

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:01 pm 

Hopefully one of you guys benefited from (perhaps my?) screw up ;)  I ordered a copy of 1972 Guidon Chainmail last night after getting an email notification for a bookseller listing for just $30 (!), but seemingly I didn't update my credit card # properly, and they relisted the book and naturally it was gone when I got the rejected charge notice from them.  *sigh*....  :roll:

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:08 am 

grodog wrote:Hopefully one of you guys benefited from (perhaps my?) screw up ;)  I ordered a copy of 1972 Guidon Chainmail last night after getting an email notification for a bookseller listing for just $30 (!), but seemingly I didn't update my credit card # properly, and they relisted the book and naturally it was gone when I got the rejected charge notice from them.  *sigh*....  :roll:

was it on ebay? ...that'd be a great find!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:32 pm 

grodog wrote:
Hopefully one of you guys benefited from (perhaps my?) screw up ;)  I ordered a copy of 1972 Guidon Chainmail last night after getting an email notification for a bookseller listing for just $30 (!), but seemingly I didn't update my credit card # properly, and they relisted the book and naturally it was gone when I got the rejected charge notice from them.  *sigh*....  :roll:

That was me - and it arrived yesterday.  I couldn't believe my luck, as it had apparently sat there for more than 1/2 a day, online.  It's a 2nd edition, 2nd printing, and in VG condition.  The book seller must have had an inkling as to it's worth, as $30 is reasonable for a later printing.  

Thank you for using an old credit card number.  I'm sorry to have indirectly caused your disappointment.   In the past few years, I've been notified three times that a book seller somewhere has a cheap Warrior of Mars up for sale, but I've never been able to type my credit card fast enough to get in the first order.  [Hmmm, I wonder if there's an auto purchase service somewhere?]

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:24 pm 

enkidu wrote:It's a 2nd edition, 2nd printing, and in VG condition.  The book seller must have had an inkling as to it's worth, as $30 is reasonable for a later printing.  

You may be thinking of 3rd edition of Chainmail.  I'm thinking all 2nd Edition versions are usually in the couple hundred dollar range no?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:11 am 

enkidu wrote:Thank you for using an old credit card number.  I'm sorry to have indirectly caused your disappointment.  

It's OK, I've gotten over the loss of very cheap R1-4s (scooped by bclarkie literally as I was in the process of buying them!), and many others over the years.  This one was just frustrating because I actually updated my credit card, but must have typo'd something.....

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:26 pm 

Mars wrote:
enkidu wrote:It's a 2nd edition, 2nd printing, and in VG condition.  
The book seller must have had an inkling as to it's worth, as $30 is reasonable for a later printing.  

You may be thinking of 3rd edition of Chainmail.  
I'm thinking all 2nd Edition versions are usually in the couple hundred dollar range no?

More like $500 plus range for a 2nd print (first) Chainmail in nice condition; I know mine would never be sold for a couple hundred... not even for $500.
A 2nd 2nd in nice condition might sell for less, but not a lot less and at $200 I am definately buying that critter if I see it.
Third editions are selling more in the $60-$70 range as well, though a few escape at a lower price, in the original SW they easily sell for $100 plus.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:43 am 

Who Snagged This One:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Disco

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:17 am 

That's a great price for a 1st edition (despite the title, the pics refs to a 1st ed!):

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

congrats to the winner!

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:03 am 

aia wrote:That's a great price for a 1st edition (despite the title, the pics refs to a 1st ed!):

congrats to the winner!

I had no idea that was even for sale.... congrats Bill    :D

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:28 am 

well thank you. we'll see what condition it's really in and whether he sends me a 1st print or not, but it seemed worth the risk.

Shrink is not a condition

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:51 am 

by the way Andy, congratulaions on your thousandth post

Shrink is not a condition

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:03 pm 

aia wrote:That's a great price for a 1st edition (despite the title, the pics refs to a 1st ed!):

congrats to the winner!

I suspect that is this one:

Interesting Items Currently on eBay

(three quarters of the page down)

Still not a bad price though.

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:13 pm 

stratochamp wrote:well thank you. we'll see what condition it's really in and whether he sends me a 1st print or not, but it seemed worth the risk.

Gnat contacted the seller and posted pics in the "Interesting Items" thread.  Nice 2nd edition.  Seller used a lot of stock photos for her auctions.  

I see Steven already pointed this out.

Paul Stormberg won a Guidon DGUTS in a mixed lot of rules from the same seller.

LB

Last edited by Lurker Below on Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:23 pm 

:D ...just happened to be loafing around at the time. Now really must get back to work!

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:35 am 

I think someone got a pretty good deal on these St Regis portfolios at $5 per. I was looking at some of the seller's other items and forgot to watch this one and a couple others

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 41 of 53123 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 515253