the one that got away....
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 40 of 53123 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 515253
Author

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:01 am 

aia wrote:I was really tempted by this 4th print whitey:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

...but given the VG conditions (not higher) i made my mind up too long and somebody else BINed it... i'd say a nice finding...

Seller is a member here.
Newbie actually.
Lloyd is his name, wutz_ina_name is his Acaeum ID.
He posted the set here on the appraisal board and the classifieds too.
Acaeum membership discussed the condition for his 4th print box set and other items at length on the appraisal board.

My Orignal D&D new link in classifieds - with link to pi • Collecting Appraisal •  The Acaeum

He had a number other items too.
He sold his 1st print Dungeoneers (1-6) to another Acaeum member and has one OD&D supplement (1st print Eldritch Wizardry) listed on e-Bay right now, plans to list his other items soon.

He has 1st prints of several OD&D supplements and most are in NICE condition.
I really wanted his Blackmoor, but I have spent too much of late and could not afford it.
Hard enough to find 1st prints, but in great condition... tougher still.
PM him... Lloyd is easy to deal with and I am sure he would be happy to sell the items off-line.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:48 am 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:I really wanted his Blackmoor, but I have spent too much of late and could not afford it.
Hard enough to find 1st prints, but in great condition... tougher still.

=>

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Not sure why that one slipped the net unless bidders were looking elsewhere on their "items for sale" list for some reason. ;)
Gnat the Beggar wrote:PM him... Lloyd is easy to deal with and I am sure he would be happy to sell the items off-line.

*nods* Good guy to chat with and glad things worked out well for those other sales. :)

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:57 am 

I never thought these things were worth much.
I've got a set of digests. If I'd known they were worth money I'd have had them on eBay years ago.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:01 am 

I missed the one you posted Faro, if I had not it most certainly would have sold for more....
And more the shame as I have bought a number of her listings of late too.

She has been moving a LOT of great and rare stuff.

Back to Lloyd's items.
The Eldritch is overpriced (IMO), but I know he is willing to work with Acaeum members for a lower price.
And I had thought the Box Set was overpriced as well, but sure enough it sold for his asking price.
What the heck do I know? :oops:

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:03 am 

...but given the VG conditions (not higher) i made my mind up too long and somebody else BINed it... i'd say a nice finding...

So you missed the one that just went for $450? It looked to be in very nice condition.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:05 am 

It sold for $425 and it has been steadily listed for several months last year in 30 day BINs listings with a BIN of $650, the seller recently added the "Make an Offer" button and it finally sold.

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:28 am 

Considering the condition of this box, I wouldn't say... the one that got away...

I'd say it's just a fair price.  ::shrug::

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:07 pm 

That's about as good a box as it's possible to get for the 4th print, sad to say: even the best tend to have tiny production faults to the corners and suchlike. I'd've rated the books lower than the box, if anything (name written in pen in all three = "9/10"?).
Within spitting distance of the price of a woodgrain, nonetheless. ;)

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:08 am 

Invincible Overlord wrote:
Considering the condition of this box, I wouldn't say... the one that got away...

I'd say it's just a fair price.  ::shrug::

in the recent past i've seen OCEs going for more than that price ... i am well aware that conditions are not "supreme" but for that amount, nowadays, i'd say it is a good hit!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:46 am 

I wish had known this was going up for sale. I had thought when he posted that a deal had been arranged that it was all done.

$140 is a great deal for a 4th edition, even in that condition.

If someone has a 4th in that condition that they'd like to sell to me for $140, drop me a line, I'll do it in a heartbeat.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:09 pm 

Hrmm; anyone else looking for passable or better grade 4th print OD&D boxes? (Just asking...).

aia wrote:in the recent past i've seen OCEs going for more than that price ...

>$500; and more than once, even. Things got a bit crazy a few times, back then. :?

[edit]It wasn't the highest price, but What's up with OCE prices lately? • Page 3 • Collecting General •  The Acaeum caught my eye checking back through the old posts - and others in that thread. Guess we're getting a pretty decent deal nowadays. ;)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:09 am 

Rats!:  I was 10 minutes late to bid on this last night, due to putting the boys down to sleep.  Anyone here win, by chance?:

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:50 am 

Yeah Allan, that was me. I had to put my bid in about 7-8 minutes before the auction ended, so I really didn't think I would win. Totally shocked to find I had won, considering what the last one went for:

At least they look the same to me. I'll post pics on my blog once I have it in hand.

"We dwarves are natural sprinters. Very dangerous over short distances!"
My lead-centric blog: http://theleaddragon.blogspot.com/
Also known as soccer_dad66 on eBay.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:08 pm 

Great!---I may want to ping you for some more details pics and data, Tom, once you've got it and I'm closer to working on the next edition of Fantastic Worlds of Grenadier.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:48 am 

I'm surprised lasted as long as they did (~17 hours):

Anyone here snag them?

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:41 am 

TheHistorian wrote:I'm surprised lasted as long as they did (~17 hours):

Anyone here snag them?

I had thought about it and I do not think the prices were out of line either.
Maybe a touch steap for Issue 1 with the discoloration to the cover and the stain on 2 pages inside from the receipt.

If an Acaeum member did purchase them I would like to talk with them about Issue #1.
Or anyone who owns a complete copy of Issue 1...

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:11 pm 

I saw them.. I thought the prices were good actually..

I have em all.. all in storage.. but what y=would you like to know about them? the bag stapled to the back page?

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:24 pm 

i knew about the counters in my WF#1 because they are obviously stapled to the back of the magazine. i did not realize until recently that they are also in WF#2 and WF#3, because they are inside tiny little paper envelopes. when i found this out i rushed (as if that was going to change anything) to my shelves, but sanity returned when i discovered the envelope holding the counters hiding between the pages of both...

so John, what is it you wanted to know about WF#1 ?

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 40 of 53123 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 515253