the one that got away....
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 32 of 46123 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 444546
Author

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2549
Joined: Aug 02, 2006
Last Visit: Feb 22, 2021
Location: San Francisco, CA

Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:05 pm 
 

Crap... sometimes I just forget to bid.  I need to start putting everything in bidnip!


** expired eBay auction **


** expired eBay auction **


** expired eBay auction **


Not a huge deal, but these were going cheap, and I keep failing to win and complete this group.


Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, Pendragon, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based, CoC, Runequest

Planning: BRP/Harn

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Posts: 1845
Joined: May 01, 2004
Last Visit: Feb 24, 2021
Location: Almost Lake Geneva, WI

Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:17 pm 
 

TheHistorian wrote:Not a huge deal, but these were going cheap, and I keep failing to win and complete this group.

Ah, but are you merely going for one of each, or one of each printing?

(Most of these were printed with 2-3 different TSR logos as time passed: block TSR letters, circular seal, rectangular ingot.)

  

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2549
Joined: Aug 02, 2006
Last Visit: Feb 22, 2021
Location: San Francisco, CA

Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:26 pm 
 

ExTSR wrote:Ah, but are you merely going for one of each, or one of each printing?

(Most of these were printed with 2-3 different TSR logos as time passed: block TSR letters, circular seal, rectangular ingot.)


As far as I know, the green HR series didn't go through multiple printings (except HR1 Vikings had a second print).  If you know differently, I'd love to hear about it.

Most of the PHBR (brown) and DMGR (blue) series definitely have multiple printings.  Assembling first print sets of those wasn't as hard.  Probably because they sold better in the first place.


Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, Pendragon, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based, CoC, Runequest

Planning: BRP/Harn

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 6067
Joined: May 03, 2003
Last Visit: Feb 08, 2021
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:32 pm 
 

TheHistorian wrote:Most of the PHBR (brown) and DMGR (blue) series definitely have multiple printings.  Assembling first print sets of those wasn't as hard.  Probably because they sold better in the first place.


This is another case where I think the 1st prints were more mass produced than other prints.  I have been keeping different prints where logos change or prices change or the orientation of the bar code changes, etc and the 1st prints are the ones that seem to pile up.  Coincidentally, I am thinking its time to trim things down and sell off most of the different prints.

 WWW  

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2549
Joined: Aug 02, 2006
Last Visit: Feb 22, 2021
Location: San Francisco, CA

Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:06 pm 
 

Mars wrote:This is another case where I think the 1st prints were more mass produced than other prints.


Probably true, at least for the first several books in each group.

I think HRs probably didn't sell nearly as well, and thus didn't go through multiple printings.


Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, Pendragon, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based, CoC, Runequest

Planning: BRP/Harn

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1381
Joined: Nov 03, 2008
Last Visit: Jul 01, 2020
Location: My Pad

Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:42 pm 
 

Mars wrote:
This is another case where I think the 1st prints were more mass produced than other prints.  I have been keeping different prints where logos change or prices change or the orientation of the bar code changes, etc and the 1st prints are the ones that seem to pile up.  Coincidentally, I am thinking its time to trim things down and sell off most of the different prints.
Good luck with the browns. I just had a .99¢ special on a Wizard and Thief. Not only failed to sell, but only about a half-dozen looks. Maybe not the best copies, but not that shabby. There seems to be quite a number of these books being loosed upon the world.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 6067
Joined: May 03, 2003
Last Visit: Feb 08, 2021
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:48 pm 
 

I have been trying to sell off some of the extra stuff that has been lingering around a while.  For these books I have been listing them as lots on Ebay and done okay:


** expired eBay auction **



** expired eBay auction **

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 5029
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2017
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:28 pm 
 

Mars wrote:I have been trying to sell off some of the extra stuff that has been lingering around a while.  For these books I have been listing them as lots on Ebay and done okay:


** expired eBay auction **



** expired eBay auction **



I must admit that I am a bit surprised.
I do not recall seeing that sort of sale price for lots of the Browns or Blues.


"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 6067
Joined: May 03, 2003
Last Visit: Feb 08, 2021
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:30 pm 
 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:I must admit that I am a bit surprised.
I do not recall seeing that sort of sale price for lots of the Browns or Blues.


Selling them as lots really helps.  A couple of the books can still go for a reasonable amount.

 WWW  

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2549
Joined: Aug 02, 2006
Last Visit: Feb 22, 2021
Location: San Francisco, CA

Post Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:35 am 
 

DMGR had Necromancers, that's the big one there.  PHBR probably just had enough together to catch someone's eye.  And Mark puts up lots of CLEAR pictures.  That never hurts.


Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, Pendragon, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based, CoC, Runequest

Planning: BRP/Harn

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3861
Joined: Feb 21, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 28, 2021
Location: Milford, Michigan

Post Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:01 pm 
 

First of all, it took me forever to dig this thread back up.

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

I am irritated.


And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

 WWW  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 496
Joined: Jan 02, 2011
Last Visit: Feb 24, 2021
Location: Illinois

Post Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:22 pm 
 

bbarsh wrote:First of all, it took me forever to dig this thread back up.

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

I am irritated.


Sorry, B. I got this one. Not sure I got a good deal, though. We'll see when it arrives.

Hector.

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1580
Joined: Mar 08, 2008
Last Visit: Feb 24, 2021
Location: Toronto, Canada

Post Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:11 pm 
 

Early DM's Book of Nasty Tricks for 99 cents... started my Tri Tac collection a week late :(

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **



I draw the line at collecting... D&D Towels.

Did we need: Jade Magi Sewer Crawl

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions."  - The Forests of Leng

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3861
Joined: Feb 21, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 28, 2021
Location: Milford, Michigan

Post Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:57 pm 
 

davidc wrote:Early DM's Book of Nasty Tricks for 99 cents... started my Tri Tac collection a week late :(

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **



Damn, that is a great copy. We used to laugh at Tri Tac big time. Some of their stuff was beyond dumb, but some were absolutely a blast. The only thing I have left is Pterraductyl. A great game!


And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

 WWW  

User avatar

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2655
Joined: Sep 25, 2007
Last Visit: Oct 05, 2020
Location: Southwest

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:01 pm 
 

someone snagged a rare Planescape promo box...

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **


  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 6067
Joined: May 03, 2003
Last Visit: Feb 08, 2021
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Post Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:24 pm 
 

misterspock wrote:someone snagged a rare Planescape promo box...

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **



I was only the bridesmaid :(  It's been a long time since I've seen a Planescape box or flask on Ebay.

 WWW  

User avatar

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2655
Joined: Sep 25, 2007
Last Visit: Oct 05, 2020
Location: Southwest

Post Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:36 pm 
 

I think someone got themselves a deal here

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **


  

User avatar

** Banned **

Posts: 1213
Joined: Aug 04, 2009
Last Visit: Nov 02, 2013

Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:51 pm 
 

Damn. Damn. Damn. Always a bride's maid, never the bride  :( .

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 0585079057

Congrats to the winner :).


Last edited by MetaSigma on Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 395
Joined: Feb 06, 2003
Last Visit: Feb 21, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:53 pm 
 

MetamorphosisSigma wrote:Damn. Damn. Damn. Always the bride's maid, never the bride  :( .

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 0585079057

Congrats to the winner :).


+1

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 212
Joined: Mar 04, 2008
Last Visit: Nov 22, 2020

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:26 am 
 

misterspock wrote:I think someone got themselves a deal here

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **


The auction info appears to be gone.  Do you remember what this one sold for?  :)

~Kat  ^_^

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 32 of 46123 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 444546