the one that got away....
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 35 of 53123 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 515253
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:05 pm 

Crap... sometimes I just forget to bid.  I need to start putting everything in bidnip!

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Not a huge deal, but these were going cheap, and I keep failing to win and complete this group.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:17 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:Not a huge deal, but these were going cheap, and I keep failing to win and complete this group.

Ah, but are you merely going for one of each, or one of each printing?

(Most of these were printed with 2-3 different TSR logos as time passed: block TSR letters, circular seal, rectangular ingot.)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:26 pm 

ExTSR wrote:Ah, but are you merely going for one of each, or one of each printing?

(Most of these were printed with 2-3 different TSR logos as time passed: block TSR letters, circular seal, rectangular ingot.)

As far as I know, the green HR series didn't go through multiple printings (except HR1 Vikings had a second print).  If you know differently, I'd love to hear about it.

Most of the PHBR (brown) and DMGR (blue) series definitely have multiple printings.  Assembling first print sets of those wasn't as hard.  Probably because they sold better in the first place.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:32 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:Most of the PHBR (brown) and DMGR (blue) series definitely have multiple printings.  Assembling first print sets of those wasn't as hard.  Probably because they sold better in the first place.

This is another case where I think the 1st prints were more mass produced than other prints.  I have been keeping different prints where logos change or prices change or the orientation of the bar code changes, etc and the 1st prints are the ones that seem to pile up.  Coincidentally, I am thinking its time to trim things down and sell off most of the different prints.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:06 pm 

Mars wrote:This is another case where I think the 1st prints were more mass produced than other prints.

Probably true, at least for the first several books in each group.

I think HRs probably didn't sell nearly as well, and thus didn't go through multiple printings.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:42 pm 

Mars wrote:
This is another case where I think the 1st prints were more mass produced than other prints.  I have been keeping different prints where logos change or prices change or the orientation of the bar code changes, etc and the 1st prints are the ones that seem to pile up.  Coincidentally, I am thinking its time to trim things down and sell off most of the different prints.
Good luck with the browns. I just had a .99¢ special on a Wizard and Thief. Not only failed to sell, but only about a half-dozen looks. Maybe not the best copies, but not that shabby. There seems to be quite a number of these books being loosed upon the world.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:48 pm 

I have been trying to sell off some of the extra stuff that has been lingering around a while.  For these books I have been listing them as lots on Ebay and done okay:

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:28 pm 

Mars wrote:I have been trying to sell off some of the extra stuff that has been lingering around a while.  For these books I have been listing them as lots on Ebay and done okay:

I must admit that I am a bit surprised.
I do not recall seeing that sort of sale price for lots of the Browns or Blues.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:30 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:I must admit that I am a bit surprised.
I do not recall seeing that sort of sale price for lots of the Browns or Blues.

Selling them as lots really helps.  A couple of the books can still go for a reasonable amount.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:35 am 

DMGR had Necromancers, that's the big one there.  PHBR probably just had enough together to catch someone's eye.  And Mark puts up lots of CLEAR pictures.  That never hurts.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:01 pm 

First of all, it took me forever to dig this thread back up.

I am irritated.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:22 pm 

bbarsh wrote:First of all, it took me forever to dig this thread back up.

I am irritated.

Sorry, B. I got this one. Not sure I got a good deal, though. We'll see when it arrives.

Hector.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:11 pm 

Early DM's Book of Nasty Tricks for 99 cents... started my Tri Tac collection a week late :(

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:57 pm 

davidc wrote:Early DM's Book of Nasty Tricks for 99 cents... started my Tri Tac collection a week late :(

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Damn, that is a great copy. We used to laugh at Tri Tac big time. Some of their stuff was beyond dumb, but some were absolutely a blast. The only thing I have left is Pterraductyl. A great game!

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:01 pm 

someone snagged a rare Planescape promo box...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:24 pm 

misterspock wrote:someone snagged a rare Planescape promo box...

I was only the bridesmaid :(  It's been a long time since I've seen a Planescape box or flask on Ebay.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:36 pm 

I think someone got themselves a deal here

** Banned **

Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:51 pm 

Damn. Damn. Damn. Always a bride's maid, never the bride  :( .

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 0585079057

Congrats to the winner :).

Last edited by MetaSigma on Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 35 of 53123 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 515253