the one that got away....
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:05 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Everyone knows what I like to collect. Imagine how pissed I was to find THIS in a recent customers feedback....

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte ... 8701402228  :evil: :cry:

I would really have liked to have pushed that price up. If anyone sees original product (especially typewritted stuff) on eBay, PM me.

hey ian, that was my stuff chummer. BTB won a lot of stuff for me and i didnt want that cos it would have cost too much to have it sent over, so he sold it for me.

didnt even give a moments thought that you might want it - sorry.... but wasnt you getting married or something about that time?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:24 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Everyone knows what I like to collect. Imagine how pissed I was to find THIS in a recent customers feedback....

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte ... 8701402228  :evil: :cry:

I would really have liked to have pushed that price up. If anyone sees original product (especially typewritted stuff) on eBay, PM me.

Sorry about that Ian.  In fact, I pretty much figured you would win it - I posted it on the Classifieds here.  I assumed you would have seen it .  . . bad timing if you were on vacation/gettting married at the time.  

:(

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:31 am 

:(

Never mind. Maybe next time.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:37 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote::(

ya know, i feel pretty bad now for some reason :(

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:45 am 

Howdy Ian,

Check out the Odyssey of the Rings AD&D Module in my current auction:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 8717821013

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:51 am 

damn i was watching that :)

well....about 50 other items too really *sigh* :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:46 pm 

stormber wrote:Howdy Ian,

Check out the Odyssey of the Rings AD&D Module in my current auction:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 8717821013

Futures Bright,

Paul

We also have a copy of this adventure. We bought it from the daughter of the author. I think we may even have another adventure written by him.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:52 pm 

I'd bid on it, but I don't do the "handling" thing.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:57 pm 

Hmmm did I miss something with this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

I didnt even bother to throw in a token bid becuase I figured that it would have been a waste of time.  Was there something about this auction that I missed that caused it to go for only $10.00? :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:02 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Hmmm did I miss something with this one:

Late TSR FITS; $10. Don't think so.
Did John not win a copy for £1?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:08 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Hmmm did I miss something with this one:

Late TSR FITS; $10. Don't think so.
Did John not win a copy for £1?

Oh, I see, I didnt realize that there was more than one printing(makes sense though. :P ). I just saw FITS and I thought $$$. :oops:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:00 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Oh, I see, I didnt realize that there was more than one printing(makes sense though. :P ). I just saw FITS and I thought $$$. :oops:

Perish the thought it might be worth playing! :o ;)

Yeah, a Wizard logo's a long way from the 1,000 copies Guidon printed, far less the first three privately produced editions; http://www.dawnpatrol.org/CSK/Introduction/default.aspx

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:30 pm 

Anyone have one of these and/or can tell me how often they become available? What do they say live by the snipe die by the snipe  :cry:

Moorcock Elric: Fiction & Literature | eBay

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:38 pm 

Marlith wrote:Anyone have one of these and/or can tell me how often they become available? What do they say live by the snipe die by the snipe :cry:

Was outbid at-or-(slightly?) above that level within the past few months. Must admit that current one does look kinda fresh.
(Not what you're wanting to hear, I'd guess?)

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:40 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
Marlith wrote:Anyone have one of these and/or can tell me how often they become available? What do they say live by the snipe die by the snipe :cry:

Was outbid at-or-(slightly?) above that level within the past few months. Must admit that current one does look kinda fresh.
(Not what you're wanting to hear, I'd guess?)

So either seeing two recently was a fluke or it is not the end of the world as it were. I want to play it so I am happy with a punched copy. I would have hesitated to play it if I had won so I am ok.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:44 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Oh, I see, I didnt realize that there was more than one printing(makes sense though. :P ). I just saw FITS and I thought $$$. :oops:

Perish the thought it might be worth playing! :o ;)

Yeah, a Wizard logo's a long way from the 1,000 copies Guidon printed, far less the first three privately produced editions; http://www.dawnpatrol.org/CSK/Introduction/default.aspx

Thanks for the link. :)  One thing about that this board though, why pay $10.00 for something when you can get almost the exact same item in an earlier print for 20 times as much :P

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:09 pm 

Marlith wrote:So either seeing two recently was a fluke or it is not the end of the world as it were.

I trust it's not that bad, Marlith!

Dun know 'bout rarity sometimes when it's not possible to keep tabs on everything passing through.
Many rares have appeared in clumps of two, three or more at once; Tsoj, 4th(-) OD&D, T1st Greyhawk, etc.

I get the impression that owners of early Chaosium material are less likely- on average- to let it go to eBay. Just a feeling, that...

Marlith wrote:I want to play it so I am happy with a punched copy. I would have hesitated to play it if I had won so I am ok.

Likewise ;)
There are quite a few people looking for a copy, but it's possibly not the easiest item to spot in eBay for those of us who just do casual searches.

Heh; just spotted one of our new members on the <boardgamegeek> review thread; User Review | Elric | BoardGameGeek
(The original review in WD rated it higher).

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:10 pm 

bclarkie wrote:One thing about that this board though, why pay $10.00 for something when you can get almost the exact same item in an earlier print for 20 times as much :P

:lol:

Too true! :P

PreviousNext