the one that got away....
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:20 pm 

grodog wrote:
Marlith wrote:Just so I know what is the value for these. I am assuming that since everyone appears to be distancing themselves at $31 they are not worth that. If that is the case then should the reported auction values in the main area be ignored?

Interestingly, the values listed on the main modules page at Page Not Found differ from those on the WG adventures page at Page Not Found

I think the former is the current price set, but looking at the latter, I can see how readers might think that the $31 price was quite a steal.

Is the main module page the most current pricing? That page lists an update date of         Dec 13 03 for WG4, but then the main WG adventures page lists out the 2nd printing values with dates of NM/SW: $47 (11/03), NM/SW: $73 (11/04)

Curiouser and curiouser :D

Gro, I believe that the main modules pages is the most current.  As far as updates to the "common" items (rarity 1 or 2) - there hasn't been any real tracking and updating (other than darkseraphims initial data over a year ago - which was from a limited period of time).

However, I have finished making spreadsheet(s) to track common items and much more accurate data for the prices of modules, box sets, etc. should be coming soon (soon = within 3-6 months.)

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:54 am 

Thanks for the clarification, and update btb!  Perhaps each page should have two sets of update dates on it:  one for the actual content, and one for the valuations.  That would help folks to get some good context on the pricing data.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:36 am 

bclarkie wrote:
harami2000 wrote::(
Had been expecting to see you on that, Allan, but thought the price had maybe raced away too high for you? :?

BidNip:: Nip it in the Bid sry! ^^

You may be better off. The seller jerked me around quite a bit on those. She actually approached me asking to see if I was interested in all 8 at $19.99 apiece as I was the current high bidder. I had planned to buy all 8 and then sell them to members at cost becuase while I was leading a few people emailed me saying that if I won they would want to buy one too. Well the seller and I both agreed to the sale, but then I got an email this morning saying "well someone else has now bid on it so there is nothing I can do about it" :x . Anyway, Mishra is looking for interested parties as he will be able to get as may as he wants for $31.00 a pop. If anyone is interested let him know, but you count me out of that.

I tried the same thing. I contacted seller and asked, first, if all the modules were the same (hey, you never know these days). And then I asked what they would want for the xtras - could I get a break because they wouldn't be listing them or get a paypal charge - I'd send a money order for the extra copies.
I was waiting for a reply, then post here so everyone who wanted one could get it for the same price - therefore, we are not bidding each other up. I did not want to jump the gun, because I also did not want to unethically affect the actual bidding. Problem was that the seller took forever to reply and by then it had hit that $31 number.
That is not a bad price, but not good either. Probably about right (unless you consider there are 8 more available today). Either way, I am out. I am not a shrink collector and already have one in mint for my collection. Afterall, that module is not particularly hard to find in superb condition.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:28 pm 

Apologies Marlith for my final bid ( I didn't recognize your monicker) :(

Seems we were all working against each other as only members seemed to have bid on it.

Did get an interesting email from her before it finished when my bid was winning, asking whther I wanted all eight so she could make the invoice out.

I did reply back asking if they were going to be relisted.
maybe we could organize ourselves next time ?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:28 pm 

I ended up only taking one at that price. She told me she had a large number of bidders that would take them at that price...I had tried to get the price lowered on all of them....was hoping to get the $19.99 deal back for everyone. Were they in contact with the other bidders here after the close and are you all getting the same price or was some side deal worked out. Hope everyone can work out a better deal than $31.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:30 pm 

Is Frost_2000 a member here. Wanted to congratulate him on being what must have been a second or two faster  :(

Advanced Dungeons and Dragons Books | eBay

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:32 pm 

Marlith wrote:Is Frost_2000 a member here. Wanted to congratulate him on being what must have been a second or two faster :(

yeah a pretty decent heist that. books are in excellent condition by the looks of em!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:35 pm 

Marlith wrote:Is Frost_2000 a member here. Wanted to congratulate him on being what must have been a second or two faster :(

4 vol. Encyclopedia Magica. Well that's pretty much their money back for a start?

Quick, too!
How many people here sit on the auctions 24*7, then? :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:39 pm 

harami2000 wrote:How many people here sit on the auctions 24*7, then? :)

i aint hardcore like BC and the others. i check maybe once or twice a day if i have time.

*shrugs*

Al

ps. tho i do have about 12 JG searches, all with slight variations, so not many things get by without notice.

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:56 pm 

Darn it Mike! (Improvestone)
eBay.com Item Bid History

It's bad enough that I lost all those early dragon magazine auctions to you but I really wanted this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8708369111

For the first couple of days I thought DL36 and I were the only ones aware of it.

Good win though.  Sorry it cost you so much money.  Reminds me of those early dragons.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:14 pm 

dzubak wrote:Darn it Mike! (Improvestone)

Hmm... I posted the same minute at The former Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds Thread • Page 8 • Collecting General - Non TSR •  The Acaeum !

Better luck next time with this one. :)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:14 pm 

dzubak wrote:It's bad enough that I lost all those early dragon magazine auctions to you but I really wanted this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8708369111

For the first couple of days I thought DL36 and I were the only ones aware of it.

Another Chaosium auction; they're really cleaning out the closets.  

Anyone know what is happening to them?  I used to live just across town from their office/warehouse in Oakland, CA.  Perhaps my only valuable RPG item is a copy of the first edition Call of Cthulhu set they sold with Sandy Peterson's sig.  I got 2/200 because I could hop in my car and cruise directly over there to pick it up.  They were a good bunch and put out great products -- it would be a shame if they're shutting their doors.

"Remember, wherever you go... there you are."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:25 pm 

Yama-Arashi wrote:Anyone know what is happening to them? I used to live just across town from their office/warehouse in Oakland, CA. Perhaps my only valuable RPG item is a copy of the first edition Call of Cthulhu set they sold with Sandy Peterson's sig. I got 2/200 because I could hop in my car and cruise directly over there to pick it up. They were a good bunch and put out great products -- it would be a shame if they're shutting their doors.

Still going strong, still based in the Bay Area, still publishing CoC.

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:48 am 

This one's still "going" away, but it's getting frusterating.  

cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... T&rd=1

Got a confirmation from the seller that it says "Australian Edition" on the box, it looked well hidden, and I had it for $5 AU.  Then a local bidder (with no prior interest in D&D) decided to up it to at least $17, maybe higher.  Factor in shipping and it's just not worth bidding it up anymore. :(

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:16 pm 

Le sigh:

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:19 pm 

grodog wrote:Le sigh:

unlucky there Allan....that was a nice lot there too :(

Are we nearly there yet?

Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:11 am 

grodog wrote:Is the main module page the most current pricing? That page lists an update date of Dec 13 03 for WG4, but then the main WG adventures page lists out the 2nd printing values with dates of NM/SW: $47 (11/03), NM/SW: $73 (11/04)

The prices listed on the WG page are just completed auction values, and are not value estimations at all (I used to replicate the estimated values from the main index onto the individual pages, but that was way too much work). The WG page simply shows two completed auction results (pulled at random), and is not related (nor are most of these auctions even included in) the estimated values which appear on the main index.

Foul

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:32 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:unlucky there Allan....that was a nice lot there too

Thanks Al. At least I was there bidding on the item I lost this time around: I chose not to bid further, which is some small consolation ;)

Greyhawk, grodog Style

PreviousNext