the one that got away....
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 17 of 53123 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 515253
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:46 pm 

faro wrote:Starts with a "t" and ends with a "m"?

Sorry, no.   :D   Try again.

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:53 pm 

Man am I pissed at myself.  I really dropped the freaking ball on this one:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Great win for Christophe though. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:51 pm 

I am surprised this lot went this cheap.  Granted the seller really didn't do themselves any favors in their titling, but I still figured that this would have gone higher with those What PC sheets with the Lizard Logo in there.  The thing that turned me off was the obvious water damage to the Dungeon Geos as I was worried that it migh be present in everything else as well, but I never got around to asking about it.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:54 am 

bclarkie wrote:

I am surprised this lot went this cheap.  Granted the seller really didn't do themselves any favors in their titling, but I still figured that this would have gone higher with those What PC sheets with the Lizard Logo in there.  The thing that turned me off was the obvious water damage to the Dungeon Geos as I was worried that it migh be present in everything else as well, but I never got around to asking about it.

well if the gimp had auctioned it worldwide, i would have bid.

cest la vie.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:29 pm 

Holy, crap, is this a new high?   8O

Let mirth prevail!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:42 pm 

bombadil wrote:Holy, crap, is this a new high?   8O

lot of money but it looks quite tidy!
Not an ID that I've ever noticed before (always like to check out who's buying what :P ) - From the look of his buying history I would suggest his in the grip of the mania that many of us have when we rediscover D&D on ebay, and this is a purchase of something a bit special. (course I'm making wild assumptions here!)

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:54 pm 

bombadil wrote:Holy, crap, is this a new high?   8O

So much for the $80 BIN on that one... ;)

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:19 am 

Heh, I had forgotten about that!   :D

Let mirth prevail!

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:37 am 

bclarkie wrote:

I'll let you know when I get it.   8)

I'm probably going to be putting up most of it back on eBay.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:47 pm 

Cthulu for a $1:

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:05 pm 

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:Cthulu for a $1:

- Listed in the wrong place (Books\Non-Fiction)
- Seller has less than perfect feedback (95.9%).  Doesnt follow through on shipping the item.

I'm not surprised.  I am surprised the idiot is still an active member on Ebay though.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:07 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
- Seller has less than perfect feedback (95.9%).  Doesnt follow through on shipping the item.

I'm not surprised.  I am surprised the idiot is still an active member on Ebay though.

Are we even sure that is a Cthulhu Deities & Demigods? The seller doesn't list how many pages in the book anywhere, nor does he say that those Myhos are included.  This book could just as easily have been a 3rd print.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:45 pm 

Agreed. No clue on auction itself, and it looks darker like a 3rd anyway.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:33 pm 

Are we even sure that is a Cthulhu Deities & Demigods? The seller doesn't list how many pages in the book anywhere, nor does he say that those Myhos are included.  This book could just as easily have been a 3rd print.

I e-mailed the seller and they said 144 pages.. I was surprised they didn't include that detail in the auction after I asked for it.

I was about to snipe, but got caught up in a conversation :oops: Of course, the bidder may well have known the version too, and he still would have won it for $20 or something (which is all I would have bid).

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:52 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:

Given the feedback of this idiot I would never have bid.  The pain of having to claim back funds far outweighs the chance of it being worth anything...

"... and may I remind you that this ain't the end. I can still kick some ass." - Tom Petty

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:19 am 

bclarkie wrote:

The Wham PC sheets are the side pull ones.  They have all been pulled and there is no cover.  All the sheets are there, only one has writing in light pencil.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:04 pm 

improvstone wrote:
Given the feedback of this idiot I would never have bid.  The pain of having to claim back funds far outweighs the chance of it being worth anything...

I got tripped up on an auction for a 1st print DMG. Seller has used a stock pic of a 1st print, but it turned out to be a later print when I received. Was partly my fault for not confirming, but I was happy seller fully reimbursed me after I returned it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:32 am 

:cry:

Let mirth prevail!

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 17 of 53123 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 515253