the one that got away....
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:12 pm 

Sigh.  I have to remember to place a test bid before sniping.  I tried to bid on this collection of Monsterous Compendium pages during the last few seconds of the auction but was auto-denied by the shipping limitations.  

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:50 am 

NetRodent wrote:Sigh. I have to remember to place a test bid before sniping. I tried to bid on this collection of Monsterous Compendium pages during the last few seconds of the auction but was auto-denied by the shipping limitations.

Doh! All the worse because Reindeer does ship to us Canucks :(

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:20 am 

Sorry bout that!  I'll add ya to my "approved international bidder list" thingie.  I do ship internationally, but I just keep those blocks in place to keep some of the more enthusiastic international bidders from buying a bunch of stuff without a clue as to how much shipping is going to be. =)

Good Luck next time!  :P

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:28 am 

Reindeergamez wrote:Sorry bout that! I'll add ya to my "approved international bidder list" thingie. I do ship internationally, but I just keep those blocks in place to keep some of the more enthusiastic international bidders from buying a bunch of stuff without a clue as to how much shipping is going to be. =)

Good Luck next time! :P

hey reiny

make sure i am on that list too ok?

will prb drift by and get summit else before long, you know how it is, specially when you bring JG items to town :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:52 pm 

Reindeergamez wrote:Sorry bout that! I'll add ya to my "approved international bidder list" thingie. I do ship internationally, but I just keep those blocks in place to keep some of the more enthusiastic international bidders from buying a bunch of stuff without a clue as to how much shipping is going to be. =)

Thanks!  I appreciate it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:32 pm 

Can you make sure I'm on that list too? ;)   I've got bids waiting in the wings on a bunch of stuff already, heh.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:22 pm 

I think I've got everyone updated on there.  =)  You guys are keeping me busy!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:33 pm 

Reindeergamez wrote:I think I've got everyone updated on there. =) You guys are keeping me busy!

Heyas, reiny! :)

You don't post much in the "Classifieds" thread, do you?

I'm sure we wouldn't take offence if you posted a summary of some of the choicer/more interesting items from your current sales there, from time-to-time.

(If you have any energy/time left to do so! ;)).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:00 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
You don't post much in the "Classifieds" thread, do you?

ya know, i should do that sometimes, but i dunno...just feel wrong doing it for some reason *shrugs*

hey david, been constantly adding stuff to the site...what do you think? shaping up a little now? PM us with any thoughts you might have if you would.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:47 am 

Ok, it's not a huge deal, but I've been trying to pick up a cheap 3rd+ for a while now, just to finish off the printings...that's right, I got sniped on a 3rd+. :roll:

cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... T&rd=1

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:09 am 

deimos3428 wrote:Ok, it's not a huge deal, but I've been trying to pick up a cheap 3rd+ for a while now, just to finish off the printings...that's right, I got sniped on a 3rd+. :roll:

Doh. A lesson to be learned though - bid what you want to pay, lest ye be sniped ;)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:42 am 

GraysonAC wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:Ok, it's not a huge deal, but I've been trying to pick up a cheap 3rd+ for a while now, just to finish off the printings...that's right, I got sniped on a 3rd+. :roll:

Doh. A lesson to be learned though - bid what you want to pay, lest ye be sniped ;)

Heh...I'll just wait for the next one, they aren't rare/valuable -- just bloody tough to identify positively.  8)

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:09 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

damn it :evil:

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:57 pm 

:( :( :(

agreed...

(I only rarely search for those, manually as usual).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:50 pm 

Oops, I meant to bid on this, oh well:

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:54 pm 

grodog wrote:Oops, I meant to bid on this, oh well:

:(
Had been expecting to see you on that, Allan, but thought the price had maybe raced away too high for you? :?

BidNip:: Nip it in the Bid sry! ^^

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:04 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
grodog wrote:Oops, I meant to bid on this, oh well:

:(
Had been expecting to see you on that, Allan, but thought the price had maybe raced away too high for you? :?

You may be better off. The seller jerked me around quite a bit on those.  She actually approached me asking to see if I was interested in all 8 at $19.99 apiece as I was the current high bidder. I had planned to buy all 8 and then sell them to members at cost becuase while I was leading a few people emailed me saying that if I won they would want to buy one too. Well the seller and I both agreed to the sale, but then I got an email this morning saying "well someone else has now bid on it so there is nothing I can do about it" :x . Anyway, Mishra is looking for interested parties as he will be able to get as may as he wants for $31.00 a pop. If anyone is interested let him know, but you count me out of that.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:28 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
harami2000 wrote::(

You may be better off. The seller jerked me around quite a bit on those. She actually approached me asking to see if I was interested in all 8 at $19.99 apiece as I was the current high bidder. I had planned to buy all 8 and then sell them to members at cost becuase while I was leading a few people emailed me saying that if I won they would want to buy one too. Well the seller and I both agreed to the sale, but then I got an email this morning saying "well someone else has now bid on it so there is nothing I can do about it" :x . Anyway, Mishra is looking for interested parties as he will be able to get as may as he wants for $31.00 a pop. If anyone is interested let him know, but you count me out of that.

I still feel really bad about this one. I only wanted one and I sort of assumed that they would make second chance offers....they may still. If anyone wants them at $31 let me know. I only went that high so I was sure someone here would get them. I did not recognize the bidder as a forum poster. At worst I will buy my one at way to high a price and tehy can repost the others or something like that. Again sorry if I messed up a good deal for everyone.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

PreviousNext