NobleKnightGames is getting PATHETIC
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:58 am 

Improv wrote:

At least with the $135 item you get a stock photo.  Albeit the wrong stock photo.

The $250 item gets a logo picture .... 8O

** expired/removed eBay auction **

mike i remember you dealing with them at one point many moons ago and being veeeeeeeeeery unhappy with them.

relating to dice i think?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:28 am 

I too have had my share of hurtful & disappointing experiences with this awful man.

Once I saw a module with a cerulean blue cover that had a nice woody feel to it. But when it arrived, the cover was really a horrible tinny glossy electric blue. It just threw off my biorhythms, so I had to give Aaron a call right then. He was very understanding at the time, & even agreed to get in touch with my color therapist to discuss it. Although I don't think he ever did.

The next time, I had received a volume which made me feel happy & calm, until I came across an illustration I found very disturbing. And a little offensive. It was a gnome who appeared to be staring at me with a very mischievous expression. I contacted Aaron to see if perhaps there was an edition of the book without the offensive content, & would he flip thorough each & every copy in his inventory to make sure the gnome wasn't hiding somewhere. He agreed, which I took as a legal & binding contract vs. future gnome attacks. Boy, was I in for disappointment.

The next time I needed to talk to Aaron with a question for my LARPing group. I needed him to throw various printings of White Wolf trade paperbacks against a brick wall (for strength tests) while I listened to the experiment on speakerphone. However I was shocked when someone else picked up the phone! Who could this be, I didn't know there was someone else! All of my trust issues came flooding back, I was devastated. I'm already banned from my LGS, who will I turn to? You can't do this to me!!!

Cross-published at The Huffington Post

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:24 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:

Doesn't mean anything.  Could be as simple as an item is priced once, and not adjusted with the market (up or down).

On its own I would agree.  However, this appears to be a trend.  The quality/attention to detail within the auctions is lacking.

Take this link Tiro posted in another thread ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TSR-Basic-D-D-D ... 1e6aa1c0b9

Are you buying a shrink wrapped item, an unshrinked item with books  or just the books?  The auction is not clear either way.

Now whether this is intentional or unintentional doesn't matter.  The auction descriptions cannot be trusted.

This is easy to fix if NKG if they wish to do so.

"... and may I remind you that this ain't the end. I can still kick some ass." - Tom Petty

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:25 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
mike i remember you dealing with them at one point many moons ago and being veeeeeeeeeery unhappy with them.

relating to dice i think?

Al

Started with the hiding of profit in the shipping charges and then an aggressive response when pulled up on it.

"... and may I remind you that this ain't the end. I can still kick some ass." - Tom Petty

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:31 pm 

Improv wrote:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Are you buying a shrink wrapped item, an unshrinked item with books  or just the books?  The auction is not clear either way.

Yeah, that one I'd have to admit is not cool.  Much more T&T-like than I'd want to see...

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

** Banned **

Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:15 pm 

I just placed an order yesterday through the website. The risk-averse side of my personality was on vacation. Will let everyone know how it turns out :).

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:17 pm 

Improv wrote:On its own I would agree.  However, this appears to be a trend.  The quality/attention to detail within the auctions is lacking.

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Now whether this is intentional or unintentional doesn't matter.  The auction descriptions cannot be trusted.

This is easy to fix if NKG if they wish to do so.

The price of the one linked below seems to reflect a Mint SWed set, but is it?

NKGs has at least two OD&D white box sets listed on e-Bay.
Both of the listings are using the same SWed Minty OCE box picture.

As someone stated above, ya never know what yer gonna get when you BIN a NKG listing and I suspect that the item you actually receive from the stock shelves might differ from items purchased.....

Whether you hit one or the other BIN linked above, which set will you actually receive?

posted below is a link to a NKG listing with the title stating it is a rare 2nd edition Chainmail by Guidon Games, yet the picture is instead a 3rd edition Black Sprial Bound book...  by TSR.... and the book pictured, states on the cover that it is 3rd Edition...  :roll:
BIN is $595...

Title for the listing...
Guidon Games War Game Chainmail (2nd Edition) VG

Link...

Inside description....
Chainmail is a set of miniature rules for Medieval/fantasy battles, and may have been the basis for early D&D campaigns.
This is the extremely rare 2nd Edition from Guidon Games which predates the TSR version

Who can deny that this is simply pathetic.

A $600 item for which they cannot be bothered to show an ACTUAL picture of the ACTUAL item being sold, and the picture they do post is not even NEARLY the same item.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:38 pm 

The situation with stock photos for high dollar items is certainly inexcusably lazy, but as much as I'm critical of NKG for poor grading, I don't think there's any "bait and switch" going on. Every time I've received something there has been a grading sticker on the outside of the bag, and I really doubt they are (notice I'm not saying "Aaron is", 'cause I suspect he's not nearly as involved as he used to be) so dishonest as to put the sticker on after the sale. Let's keep some perspective.

I'd hazard a guess that the odd listings for the same items with lower grades and higher prices than other (stock photo identical) items with higher grades and lower prices are just a further expression of the laziness--whoever is doing it couldn't be bothered to go through the trouble to notice.

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:10 am 

This is nothing new.

~Clangador
---------------

Black Blade Publishing imprint of OSRIC is not only the most definitive printing of OSRIC to date, but also the single greatest resource for old school gamers since the three original hardbacks written by E. Gary Gygax.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:12 am 

It is strange. I am a regular Noble Knight customer, and I've always been very happy with their service. I know that they use stock photos for their own web site's catalog, and that doesn't bother me at all. (On the rare occasions they don't use a stock picture, their catalog usually then says "photo of actual product".)

And yet, for some reason, seeing exactly the same stock photos being used to sell exactly the same products on eBay suddenly makes me uneasy.   :?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:21 am 

MetamorphosisSigma wrote:Every time I've received something there has been a grading sticker on the outside of the bag, and I really doubt they are so dishonest as to put the sticker on after the sale. Let's keep some perspective.

Quite right!  And to suggest so, without PROOF, is potentially libelous.  If someone can show dishonesty, then by all means, tell us.  Otherwise, choose words more carefully.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:40 am 

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

ROTFLMAO

Now I have to clean up the coffee that spewed out all over the keyboard.  :P

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:44 am 

I have merely stated that there is a pattern in the seller's behavior.

Listing (and, indeed, depicting) one edition of an item, and then sending the buyer a later edition is a common experience with this seller.  

Never being sure of the condition of an item you are going to get appears to be another manifestation of the same pattern.

That is hardly libel.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:46 am 

Either way I would not consider spending more than $100 with NKG anymore, because I cannot trust them to be honest. That might not be Aaron's concern. I doubt he gives a shit, so long as he gets his retirement money. But his absence from the business (or lack of care if he is still involved) has created a company where the staff cut corners, create deliberately misleading and/or ambiiguous listings, and conduct the online business in a manner that allows them to hide any number of inaccuracies behind general BS clauses, descriptived and false and erroneous images.

Nope, you cant prove intent, but you can deffinately say they are heading down the slippery slope of shite into realms of crap service previously only occupied by Troll & Toad.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:57 pm 

FormCritic wrote:Listing (and, indeed, depicting) one edition of an item, and then sending the buyer a later edition is a common experience with this seller.

Now that's a specific example that I'd be interested in hearing more about.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:11 pm 

MetamorphosisSigma wrote:I just placed an order yesterday through the website. The risk-averse side of my personality was on vacation. Will let everyone know how it turns out :).

Order came today, everything as described.

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:19 am 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:

Who can deny that this is simply pathetic.
A $600 item for which they cannot be bothered to show an ACTUAL picture of the ACTUAL item being sold, and the picture they do post is not even NEARLY the same item.

Well, now they've got a picture of a 2nd print Chainmail on the auction, but, lo and behold, it happens to be the one from this site, stains and all:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Guidon-Games-Wa ... 1e6acbff19

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:19 am 

tiro wrote:

Well, now they've got a picture of a 2nd print Chainmail on the auction, but, lo and behold, it happens to be the one from this site, stains and all:

Now that is just plain crap.  And they actually had the balls to stick their watermark on the image.

:scratch:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

PreviousNext