Dragon Magazine Modules
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:46 am 

beyondthebreach wrote:About six months ago I realized (for the first time) that the modules in Dragon Mags were always the center insert and came with a "black and white" cover page with art.

I am sure many others have known about this, but it dawned on me that I could remove the modules from the mags and create a little collection of adventures.  Now. . . I only decided to do this because all my old Dragon Mags are pretty shoddy - many had lost their covers!

So, I was able to dispose of some dead weight Dragons with a good conscience and start a little collection.  

I now have The Dancing Hut, Can Seapoint Be Saved, Citadel By the Sea, Valley of the Earth Mother, Betrayed, Barnacus: City in Peril, Forest of Doom and Quest for the Midas Orb neatly set aside and bagged.

Okay, no real value there, but they are available and handy for quick reference or play (if the day ever comes that I play again. . .  :cry:  )

A decent enough use for old Dragons. . . eventually I will get a collection of all the old modules.

Great minds think alike...I've done the same thing over the years as I bought collections and weeded out the more beat up issues, always saving the inserts whatever they may be.  I have pretty much a complete collection of these now, as BTB set aside for occassional use. The nice thing about these is that Ive already converted most of these to 2nd edition, so they are ready to play, by their nature make nice one shot adventures for a single session, and as I have run most of them multiple times, I can almost DM them in my sleep.

Mike B.

Prolific Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:27 pm 

For what it's worth, I always thought House of Cards had one of the coolest premises ever.  Never played it, though.  I believe it's in Dungeon Adventures #19.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:13 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote:
I now have The Dancing Hut, Can Seapoint Be Saved, Citadel By the Sea, Valley of the Earth Mother, Betrayed, Barnacus: City in Peril, Forest of Doom and Quest for the Midas Orb neatly set aside and bagged.

Okay, no real value there, but they are available and handy for quick reference or play (if the day ever comes that I play again. . .  :cry:  )

A decent enough use for old Dragons. . . eventually I will get a collection of all the old modules.

Along with all of the other stuff I am selling, I am selling a nearly continuous run of Dragons from 21 up to 250 (i.e. from when my subscription started up to what is on the Archive CD).  Naturally this includes all or nearly all of the issues with modules.  And since I bought them to use and abuse them, not to collect them - especially during the time period when the modules were in them - this means that many of them are not in great condition.  Including a stack of 20 or so (guessing) which are in Poor Condition (cover ripped and or missing is the typical flaw) and thus their only real value is likely to be the modules.  I'll probably list them as one large batch and hope someone wants them for the module.  If there are particular modules you want and they are in this batch you can have them for roughly the cost of shipping ($4.00 per Flat Rate Priority Envelope with three or four per envelope (Since I don't have to worry about the covers I can cram them in). :)  The others are being listed in batches of six to 10 (depending on the year) and will likely sell cheap.

Carl

Previous