So. . . my module looks Mint, but is it complete?
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:57 am 

Hey everyone.  I have been working on a list of module inserts.  As you all know, many of the earlier modules had unnumbered inserts and no table of contents at the beginning.  

So, I have compiled this little list.  Only modules without a Table of contents are included.  At the end of the description I might have something like (pg. 14-15).  This indicates which pages the inserts are between.  Several modules have questions marks ?.  I don't currently have those and/or don't remember.  So, feel free to post the correct info so I can update my list (also feel free to correct me if I made a mistake).

I also posted this on my website as an excel spreadsheet (the URL is at the bottom).  

- A1 Slave Pits of the Undercity: Pages 23-24 are perforated maps   (Last two pages)
- A2 Secret of the Slavers Stockade: Last page is pre-generated characters and scoring (numbered)       
- A3 Assault on the Aerie. . . Slave Lords: 4 Unnumbered pullouts: City of Sudenham, Tactical Maps  (pg 14-15)
- A4 In the Dungeons of the Slave Lords: 4 Unnumbered pullouts: Tournamet roster, map of Water Dragon        (pg 14-15)
- B1 In Search of the Unknown:        None       
- B2 Keep on the Borderlands:  4 Unnumbered pullouts: Topgraphical, Interior Keep, Tables & Spell lists.  (pg 14-15)  Last page ( 27-28 ) is perforated with Guildhouse map & Player's Note
- B3 Palace of the Silver Princess:  None       
- B4 The Lost City: 4 unnumbered pullouts - Underground City Map, Tiers  6-10 (pg 14-15)
- B6 The Veiled Society: 8 Unnumbered pages of interior cut-outs - Specularum (pg. 8-9)
- B10 Night's Dark Terror: Table of contents lists aid sheets between 12-13, actually between 27-28
- C1 The Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan:  Character Sheets (will add detail later -- forgot to check this one!)       
- C2 Ghost Tower of Inverness:  Visual Aids, maps & character sheets  (will add detail later -- forgot to check this one!)               
- D1 Descent into the Depths Mono:  4 unnumbered Pullouts of maps/geomorphs (Last two pages)
- D2 Shrine of the Kuo-Toa Mono: 4 unnumbered Pullouts of maps/geomorphs (Last two pages)
- D1-2        Descent into the Depths of the Earth: 4 unnumbered Pullouts of maps/geomorphs        (pg. 14-15)
- D3 Vault of the Drow: 4 unnumbered Pullouts of maps/geomorphs - Great Fane of Lolth        (pg.14-15)
- EX1 Dungeonland: 4 Numbered Pages ( 15-18 ) of maps. Last page (31-32) is perforated map.
- EX2 The Land Beyond the Magic Mirror: 4 Numbered Pages ( 15-18 ) of maps.       
- G1-2-3  Against the Giants:  None
- I1 Dwellers of the Forbidden City: 4 Unnumbered pages of maps - Map A,C,G,H,I & J    (pg.14-15)
- I2 Tomb of the Lizard King:  4 Numbered Pages ( 15-18 ) of maps.
- I3 Pharaoh: None       
- I4 Oasis of the White Palm: None       
- I5 Lost Tomb of Martek:  None       
- I6 Ravenloft:  None       
- L1 Secret of Bone Hill: 4 unnumbered Pullouts - Topographical Maps, Restenford Castle
(pg.14-15)
- L2  The Assassin's Knot:  None       
- N1  Against the Cult of the Reptile God:  4 unnumbered Pullouts - Temple of Merikka, Dungeon level 1&2, Inns.  (pg. 14-15)
- N2 The Forest Oracle:  ?       
- N3 Destiny of Kings: ?       
- N4 Treasure Hunt:  ?       
- N5 Under Illefarn: ?       
- S1 Tomb of Horrors (mono): Two Booklets       
- S1 Tomb of Horrors (Green):  20 Unnumbered pages of illustrations. (pg.6-7)
- S2 White Plume Mountain:  Last page is the Legend of Keraptis (sometimes detached)
- S3 Expedition to the Barrier Peaks:  Two Booklets
- S4 Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth:  Two Booklets
- T1 Village of Hommlet:  4 Unnumbered pages of maps - Last pages of booklet, single-sided maps.  (after pg. 16)
- U1 Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh:  None       
- U2 Danger at Dunwater:  ?       
- U3 The Final Enemy:  ?       
- UK1 Beyond the Crystal Cave: None
- UK2 Sentinel: None               
- UK3 Gauntlet: None               
- WG4 Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun:?       
- X1 Isle of Dread (blue):  9 Numbered pages. Maps E1 - E8 & D1,D2
- X1 Isle of Dread (orange):  ?
- X2 Castle Amber:  ?
- X3 Curse of Xanathon:  Numbered - pages 14-17 are maps.       
- X4 Master of the Desert Nomads:  None
- X5 Temple of Death:   ?

the web page is:

http://www.beyondthebreach.com/modulemaps.xls

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:50 pm 

Very good ... this should be mandatory reading for new collectors.  And also for new sellers who state "I know nothing about this game, but everything is mint and complete and in fantastic shape."
:lol:

I'll try to add some more when I have copies.  Might also want to include double covers and poster maps, too, which I think is all available from the TSR archive.

This Personal Web Pages (PWP) site has been discontinued

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:57 pm 

Yes, I use that site all the time.  The reason I made this list was to cover the few things that weren't mentioned there or on the Acaeum.  Though, I am sure I can consolidate it.

By the way. . . that reminds me!  Who maintains the TSR archive?  I know they must be a member here. . . .

Many, many thanks!  It is an invaluable resource!!!

:D

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:12 pm 

I hate large box sets, always hard to be sure if they have all the damn maps

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:14 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote:By the way. . . that reminds me!  Who maintains the TSR archive?  I know they must be a member here. . . .

Many, many thanks!  It is an invaluable resource!!!
:D

It's Adrian Newman aka blackdougal.

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:56 pm 

B1: The Player's Background Sheet (last page of booklet) is perforated.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:00 pm 

Traveller - is yours a mono?  Mine is Brown and is not perforated, but I don't have a mono handy.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:04 pm 

*laughs*

It'd better be.  It's the mono you sent me when you were giving away stuff a couple of months ago.  I'm the guy who wanted the Basic and Expert rulebooks with the Otus covers as well as that tattered B1 mono.

By the way, I've gotten that mono into usable condition again, with a little help from Dupont, Elmer's, and Scotch.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:18 pm 

Thought so. . . I remember all free stuff I give away for all time until the debt is repaid. :twisted:  

ummm. . . never mind, don't give a second thought to your soul. . .

Cool, thanks for the info. I will update shortly.  Mono has perforated last page, Brown cover does not have perforation.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:13 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote:Hey everyone.  I have been working on a list of module inserts.  As you all know, many of the earlier modules had unnumbered inserts and no table of contents at the beginning.  

So, I have compiled this little list.  Only modules without a Table of contents are included.  At the end of the description I might have something like (pg. 14-15).  This indicates which pages the inserts are between.  Several modules have questions marks ?.  I don't currently have those and/or don't remember.  So, feel free to post the correct info so I can update my list (also feel free to correct me if I made a mistake).

]

Don't forget inner sleeves. In my experience these seem to be missing a lot since there is generally no indication for the uninformed they should be there.  Off the top of my head:  B10, C4, C5, G1-3 (compilation version), WG4, S3, UK4, and I6 I know have those. I don't have a copy of UK6 handy but I think it might also.

Mike B.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:43 am 

There is a wealth of good information here. Too bad the links are dead. Love to see this completed, would be a great resource to Collectors and Sellers.

If this info has already been compiled online somewhere and is still available, would love for someone to point me in that direction.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:39 am 

Mister Yuk wrote in So. . . my module looks Mint, but is it complete?:If this info has already been compiled online somewhere and is still available, would love for someone to point me in that direction.

Adrian Newman's site @ TSR Archive does a great job of compiling this info, but IIRC he's still rebuilding parts of it (see his news page @ http://www.tsrarchive.com/whatsnew.html), so you may need to use the archive.org instance of his site for some content:  TSR Archive

Adrian:  any status updates you can share? :D

Allan.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:51 pm 

grodog wrote in So. . . my module looks Mint, but is it complete?:Adrian Newman's site @ TSR Archive does a great job of compiling this info, but IIRC he's still rebuilding parts of it (see his news page @ http://www.tsrarchive.com/whatsnew.html), so you may need to use the archive.org instance of his site for some content:  http://web.archive.org/web/20071002082255/http://home.flash.net/~brenfrow/

Adrian:  any status updates you can share? :D

Allan.

Things are still moving along well! The old site is still around at several locations... http://tsr.bothgunsblazing.com/ is up and running for sure. Like you said, the new version is at http://www.tsrarchive.com/. Pretty much all OD&D, Basic and 1E is done. Most 2E is up, just finishing off Forgotten Realms and some strays. I'm constantly adding to the other TSR sections and even putting up a fair amount of non-TSR stuff that's of interest to me and probably some other collectors. It's all fairly accurate at this point but I'm always thankful for additions and corrections!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:50 am 

Thanks Allan and Adrian. I saw that some time ago and didn't bookmark it. I kept thinking I must have mistaken it for Wayne's Books somehow. Either the mind is seriously going or my organization is just that poor. Probably some of both :)

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:41 am 

Mister Yuk you are the master of thread necromancy. If Boston Harbor was dredged they wouldn't bring up as many old posts as you have! :-)

Shrink is not a condition

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:51 am 

Mister Yuk wrote in So. . . my module looks Mint, but is it complete?:There is a wealth of good information here. Too bad the links are dead. Love to see this completed, would be a great resource to Collectors and Sellers.

If this info has already been compiled online somewhere and is still available, would love for someone to point me in that direction.

*Ahem* There is always the Collector's Database that I put together. Send me a PM with your email address and I will get a copy to you.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:34 am 

MadCatUSA wrote in So. . . my module looks Mint, but is it complete?:
Mister Yuk wrote in So. . . my module looks Mint, but is it complete?:There is a wealth of good information here. Too bad the links are dead. Love to see this completed, would be a great resource to Collectors and Sellers.

*Ahem* There is always the Collector's Database that I put together. Send me a PM with your email address and I will get a copy to you.

PM sent. Thank you MadCatUSA, would love to see it

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:00 pm 

stratochamp wrote in So. . . my module looks Mint, but is it complete?:Mister Yuk you are the master of thread necromancy. If Boston Harbor was dredged they wouldn't bring up as many old posts as you have! :-)

I love it!

I wish there were a hundred hours in a day sometime. I'd start with Page 1 and read this whole forum, there is so much good stuff in here and I haven't been around for most of it. I try to stop myself most of the time but I see enough of you all that were active early on are still here (which is amazing in it's own right)  so I bring that Post right back out. I do worry sometimes that I'm breaking an unsaid rule or trying to pile work up on some of you. Damn new guys, right ;)

I'll tell you what though. I'm new here, I'm also relatively new on Facebook and I've joined a bunch of Collectors or Seeking Help Groups. I see in them the same questions being asked and answered over and over again. A simple search could have easily answered their question. I've done that here at least one time - and that is the one thing I don't want to be. I'll see a Post like this or the Board Game one and I'm just "this is great, let's keep going with this" or "cool Post, there's a whole lot of newer people like me that weren't here when this was originally going - let's see if anyone else wants to contribute" Stuff that I'd love to see more people get involved with if they want to.

It might be wrong for me to load these old Posts on top of the more current Ones but I don't bring up the old Posts talking about Football games or the like so, at least I'm not totally trippin... :lol:

Next