PayPal
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:05 pm 

This is getting aggravating. Luckily my paypal account is about empty, but I've got about 50 incoming payments in two days. I also have to pay for a few items, though that is not a big deal, since sellers can't access either...

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:20 pm 

I haven't had any problems logging into Paypal or using it (maybe just my lucky timing) however, I haven't received an email notification that someone has paid in 24 hours.  The only way I can tell is by checking out ebay.  Kind of a pain in the ass.

Anyone else having this difficulty?

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:38 am 

I think PayPal is still flakey, although less obviously so.  (Either that, or my email has gone flakey).

I am getting some email notices from PayPal (one was a receipt for my payment/ the other was notification of a buyers payment) as much as two or three days after the relevant transaction took place.

In the latter case, I got paid on Monday night (transaction showed in Ebay Items Sold view and also in my PayPal account) so I packed the item up and mailed it.  And then Wednesday afternoon I got an email notice telling me that the person had paid me.  At first I thought he had made a mistake and paid me a second time, but no - it was a two day late message telling me about the earlier payment.

Not sure what is going on, but it seems a bit odd.

Carl

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:12 pm 

Hrmm... thanks for your update, Carl.

Before the power-cut here yesterday I finally managed to pay for two auctions, but the receipt confirmations never turned up.
(I held back on the rest of my backlog since the sellers would probably not be being notified, either).

Will try again with the rest tonight (and most grateful for patient sellers!).

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:15 pm 

Same with me.
The buyer sent me mail and i checked my account where the payment appearred. The notification mail from paypal arrived 2 days later...

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:50 pm 

***A Message To Our Users - PayPal Site Issues Resolved ***
 Date: 10/14/04    Time: 02:37:16 PM PDT

Many of you have experienced problems using PayPal over the last few days. First we want to apologize for the way this has impacted your buying and selling activity and, for many of you, your businesses.
As we communicated earlier, the recent problems accessing the site and using PayPal functions were the result of unforeseen problems with new code that was launched on Friday 10/8 to upgrade the site architecture. While account data and personal information were never compromised, many users experienced difficulties using the PayPal functions to perform payment and shipping activities. Technology teams from both PayPal and eBay worked around the clock to bring the service back to normal as soon as possible.

PayPal functionality has been restored and PayPal users, on and off eBay, are able to resume normal trading activities. Going forward, our technical teams will continue to focus on ensuring that we provide the highest standard of reliability and safety on the PayPal platform.

Thank you for your patience during this process. Providing outstanding service is our top priority at PayPal. Although we didn't meet your expectations -- or our own -- in the past few days, we look forward to the opportunity to regain your faith in our service.

Sincerely,

Meg Whitman, President and CEO eBay
Matt Bannick, Senior Vice President, Global Online Payments, eBay
and General Manager, PayPal
Marty Abbott, Senior Vice President, Technology, eBay

Or so they say...

Carl

Prolific Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:07 pm 

Working, but nothing's changed.

>>>Although we didn't meet your expectations -- or our own -- in the past few days, we look forward to the opportunity to regain your faith in our service ...

Of course that's not as in, "We will never again update the live system without adequate testing.  We will provide all users with 50% reduced fees for 3 days," but rather, "Nothing to see here.  Move along.  We now return you to our regularly broadcast feature ..."
:roll:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:29 pm 

Paypal sucks. eBay sucks.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:57 am 

3 weeks later and though things have improved, it still sometimes takes 24 hours to get a "notice of payment received" or a "notice that I have sent payment".

I now feel obligated to personally email people I buy from to let them know I paid (especially if they are new to selling).  

Auto shipping labels created through ebay/paypal/usps can take up to 3 days.  It's odd. . . I can print 10 labels, get two in my box instantly and have the rest gradually trickle in over a period of 48 hours.

Just thought I would bitch a little more. . . .

:x

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:17 pm 

If you want to bitch about Paypal, here is the place to go.  You will have a decent audience.

Previous