Burntwire's liquidation sale
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:30 pm 

I actually just scaled the walls of Castle Burntwire on my trip last week. Then I went into cardiac arrest!

Seriously, it is a truly prolific collection and I am in their debt for just seeing it. The artwork collection is fantastic.

I was going to PM a thanks, but since this thread resurfaced, I will do it publicly. THANKS!!!!!

I am sure I will never see the likes of that collection again. But I stood in the presence of history and that is something I truly appreciate.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:48 pm 

There ya go! Told you I was a bit of a novice at this sort of thing. Must check the dates these messages were posted!
Ah well!
Just to answer the question as to where I found it, gyg...you won't believe this... just waiting to pick up my daughter from school and popped into a charity shop to while away the time. Thumbed through the dusty old LP section full of Herb Alpert and his Tijuana Brass and Des O'Connor albums...and what do I find? The First Quest Album sitting at the back with a sticker on it for.....wait for it.....£1~~~Yep thats $1.4809 to you USA bods and 1.11045291 Euros to all my European readers. Is that a bargain? Anyone wanna make an offer?S'pose I could burn a CD and...oh.no, that would be very,very naughty wouldn't it?
Regards to all!
Driller

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:27 pm 

Cool - Had a feeling it might be a charity shop find. I keep telling myself it's worth the time thumbing through the masses of vinyl in every UK charity shop, but I simply do not have the patience - perhaps your good fortune has taught me a lesson! Congrats on the find though. Carl

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Previous